Neighbor's Dogs Using Our Backyard

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53 AM

Again, not to beat a dead horse ( or in this case a dog) allowing fences would solve this problem. (i couldn't help myself about mentioning fences)
Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I'm guessing this is in the top three issues to be discussed since TOTV started almost 4 years ago.
I am just a rookie on TOTV and I keep going round and round about what some of the other issues may be?

Last edited by ajbrown; 09-03-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Why not wait till that dog poop dries out in the sun and practice with an old pitching wedge?
Of course you would need a spot to aim for................maybe the dog owners back door.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Platinum member

From my experience with my own dog, dog urine is worrse than doddy. It kills the lawn and makes it yellow.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC View Post
Again, not to beat a dead horse ( or in this case a dog) allowing fences would solve this problem. (i couldn't help myself about mentioning fences)
No, the way to solve this problem is to have your dog do his thing in your own yard on your own grass!

If you dog needs to walk a distance before he gets his "urge" then walk the dog in a circle around your own home. Then you take your dog for his exercise walk and keep him off everybodys yard and on the edge of the roadway.

My dog does not relieve herself on anyone's yard except ours. It's not that difficult if the owners will put the effort into it.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 AM

I think it is a matter of regional habits. Many people come to the villages from rural type locations where the custom is to just let the dog out. I lived in the country with 5 acres and let my dog go wherever he pleased.
When we moved to our condo, we had to learn how to pick up after our dog. Needless to say, I thought it was disgusting to pick up poop with a plastic bag by hand. LOL

I had to get accustomed to it.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Walking thru runny dog poop in my yard is not something that I look forward to. (maybe you should carry a sponge).
A bucket of water works just as well.

Most of the time my dog poops at Doggie Doo Run Run in the morning and is done for the rest of the day with the .
Old 09-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
A bucket of water works just as well.

Most of the time my dog poops at Doggie Doo Run Run in the morning and is done for the rest of the day with the .
This gets better all the time.......now I have to wash my lawn!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I'm guessing this is in the top three issues to be discussed since TOTV started almost 4 years ago.
It's an on-going, never-ending, universal problem.

Back in the early 70s I served on my private street's Board of Trustees for 3 years. The BIGGEST discussion at the Annual Meeting of Residents was always about controlling wandering, pooping dogs.

When I served again for a couple of years just before coming to TV, the BIGGEST discussion at the Annual Meeting of Residents was always about controlling wander, pooping dogs!

What's make it even worse, I think, is that nearly half the residents (i.e., some 20-25 homeowners) were the same people!

SWR
Old 09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This gets better all the time.......now I have to wash my lawn!
I hardly carry around a bucket of water when walking my dog. He usually poops around his own yard give or take 15 feet. It is not hard to carry a couple of buckets of water 15 feet.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
It's an on-going, never-ending, universal problem.

Back in the early 70s I served on my private street's Board of Trustees for 3 years. The BIGGEST discussion at the Annual Meeting of Residents was always about controlling wandering, pooping dogs.

When I served again for a couple of years just before coming to TV, the BIGGEST discussion at the Annual Meeting of Residents was always about controlling wander, pooping dogs!

What's make it even worse, I think, is that nearly half the residents (i.e., some 20-25 homeowners) were the same people!

SWR
SWR? Which homeowners are doing the complaining? The ones with the pooping dogs???
Old 09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Default Why we bought a...

We specifically bought a Villa, so we could let our Romeo out in the yard and not have him wander around the neighborhood.

I can sympathize with those who don't have dogs and end up with poop in their yard. In our CT. home, we have a large penned in area, so Romeo doesn't get out and do the same. BUT, our neighbors across the street let their dog out all hours, and he CROSSES the street automatically to poop in our yard. Never does it in THEIR yard...where is the justice in that, lol.

I've mentioned it to them, and they smile and say, okay, but next day...same thing.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Sage
Default What's in a name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
I try to clean up my dog's poop when he is out and usually get most of it unless it is runny.
So, if...

Doggie Doo Runs, Run
Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
So, if...

Doggie Doo Runs, Run
GROAN

YOU are funny McGee. And if you get that line....YOU are old.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
GROAN

YOU are funny McGee. And if you get that line....YOU are old.
Tain't old enough to remember.

BUT... I am old enough to Google.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.