Neighbor's Dogs Using Our Backyard

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa2 View Post
I think it is a matter of regional habits. Many people come to the villages from rural type locations where the custom is to just let the dog out. I lived in the country with 5 acres and let my dog go wherever he pleased.
When we moved to our condo, we had to learn how to pick up after our dog. Needless to say, I thought it was disgusting to pick up poop with a plastic bag by hand. LOL

I had to get accustomed to it.
Don't try it without the plastic bag, or you'll find out what disgusting really is.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
So, if...

Doggie Doo Runs, Run
Hopefully, the dog doo runs at Doggie Doo Run Run.

You would think that there would be more complaints about what dogs do with their hind legs after peeing or pooping. This can and sometimes does rip up the yards. http://www.mycorgi.com/forum/topics/...7Comment639805

From link above--

"Not sure what to call this, but after every poop (and sometimes pee), my corgi mix kicks back her feet (like a dance) in an attempt to cover up her poop (like a cat). I try to discourage this behavior because now that it is spring time and the ground is soft, she is tearing up our lawn and our neighbor's lawns. Is this a corgi characteristic and has anyone been successful in getting their dog to stop doing it?
Thanks!"

I have sometimes gotten a shirt full of poop after trying to find the poo in the dark to pick up while my dog does his little after poo dance.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 PM

First of all, your neighbor doesn't give a rats butt if their dog doo-doo's in your back yard, they know what the dog is doing by the minute. What you have to do is collect lots of dog doo-doo and place the big pile in their front step. You shall never ever have a problem again. It works! Guaranteed.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuke View Post
First of all, your neighbor doesn't give a rats butt if their dog doo-doo's in your back yard, they know what the dog is doing by the minute. What you have to do is collect lots of dog doo-doo and place the big pile in their front step. You shall never ever have a problem again. It works! Guaranteed.
I was thinking of dumping our cat litter.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
to poop in. They moved in a few months ago, and let their animals out their back door to do their business. They live a few doors down from us, and I've only had to clean up their mess three times, but that is three times too many. I'm reluctant to make a huge deal about this, e.g., call The Villages, but it is starting to annoy me. Any thoughts on how this should be handled? Thanks.
This works and stops the dogs from coming in your yard, they remember well, Go to the flea MKT and get a big bottle of hot pepper flakes, Grind them up in your food processor to a fine power, (Do this in your garage because the dust will really make you sneeze) Sprinkle it along your property line, When the dog starts to walk in your yard it will sniff the pepper and believe me it will leave, Iv' e tried it and it works, Every time the dog walks by your house it will cross the street
Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
These are clever ideas and it also wouldn't hurt to drop a line about the fact that you bought a shinny new BB gun from Wal-mart.........

fumar the marksman .....
I don't know what it is, but every time you make a comment I just want to roll with laughter. I love your sarcasm!!!!!!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:26 AM

Who are you? That is sick....
Old 09-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Administrator

One of my friends was bothered by a neighbor who allowed his dog to visit all over the neighborhood.

So . . . one day my buddy, I'll call him Jack, picked up the dropping, put it in a plastic bag, called the big friendly dog over and carefully tied it around his neck.

The big friendly dog never came back.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:12 AM

If you had a dog, mans best friend, why would you cut his nuts off and let him run loose to get dog napped, shot with BB gun, poisoned, eaten by an alligator, hit by a car or arrested by animal control? People that do that are too stupid to care for a dog.

I had to say it.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
If you had a dog, mans best friend, why would you cut his nuts off and let him run loose to get dog napped, shot with BB gun, poisoned, eaten by an alligator, hit by a car or arrested by animal control? People that do that are too stupid to care for a dog.

I had to say it.

Well said Shadow. Stupid indeed.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Platinum member

I agree with The Shadow. Letting a dog or cat loose is suicide. The snakes, gators, hawks and other criters are dangerous. KEEP YOUR ANIMAL INSIDE OR AT LEAT ON A LEACH!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Taltarzac

I have rarely if ever seen a dog wandering around the neighborhood in the Villages unless it somehow escaped from its owner's house.

The worst thing I ever saw was a friend's puppy walking home with an arrow sticking horizontally from chest to tail because some evil neighbor did not like it coming on his or her lawn/yard.

This was in a rural area of Reno, Nevada almost 35 years ago and probably also had some to do with a neighborhood fued.

Lawn and yardcare though really should take a second or even third seat to the welfare of dogs and cats as well as to the relations between neighbors.

Thankfully where I am in the Villages the neighbors look out for one another as well as care for each other's pets.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-04-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

I not suggesting anyone do this but.............

I had a neighbor years ago, he let his dog loose on garbage day and it would knock over the cans and make a mess on my driveway. I spoke to him about it twice and he pretty much ignored me.

Next garbage day I left a hot dog on the pail which had two ex-lax in it. Never hurt the dog but the mess had to be grand. Dog was never let out off the least again.

No Animals were injured during the posting of this message.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
These are clever ideas and it also wouldn't hurt to drop a line about the fact that you bought a shinny new BB gun from Wal-mart.........

fumar the marksman .....
Very positive way of handling the situation
Old 09-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Please, I am not suggesting that anyone do this but, this discussion reminded me of Halloween back in Brooklyn NY, when I was one of a group of evil little kids. Now everyone back then, always had at least one grouch living on his block that would chase us away if we were playing in the street in front of his house. You know, games like stickball, punchball, ringalevio (spelling?) Johnny on the Pony or whatever. Soooo on Halloween, we would go out and find some dog poo, put it a paper bag, twist the top shut. Then we would sneak up in the dark and put it on old grouchy's front stoop. Then we would light it on fire and ring his/her door bell and run away to watch the fun when the grouch came out and stomped out the fire. HEH, HEH, Heh.

Don't Ya sometime's just feel like bein' a kid again ???????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.