Never fear the mean people again

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Look at what Tony posted on 4-17 to Senior Citizen telling them 'waving your arse in their faces"!!
I read Tony's post also. As usual, in a diplomatic tone sprinkled lightly with humor he conveyed an accurate assessment of a recurring antagonism of those who love the Villages and who are occasionally suspect of those who contrive and stretch exaggerations to cast a negative spin on TV for reasons best known to themselves.

While you were perusing Tony's post, I was perusing yours and with less diplomacy than TOTV has persistently demonstrated, I have to say it appears you are a serial Villages basher who finds and supports kindred spirits in other Village bashers. Your opinions are certainly legitimate fodder for this board, but, so are the opinions of many others who do not share your pessimistic Villages views.

Those who take cheap shots at the Villages and the lifestyle here should not be crying "foul" when defenders react strongly in response.

For the record, I have no connection with the developer or TOTV.

Thank you TOTV for providing and running a class operation.

Last edited by cabo35; 05-09-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Founder

I have noticed at "Senior Citizen" has not responded to my post seeking examples of my "vulgar" comments.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Sage

Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Sage

Old 05-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Ohhhhh, those mean streets of TOTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
.----------------

I think I write pretty clearly...........I don't know how to dumb this down anymore. -------------------------
You know, I really am a nice lady. And it takes a lot to get me aggravated over something on this board. The only board I have even been on, btw. And that's bc the admins watch out for us. And yeah, I got hacked off myself one time for a nanosecond when somebody misunderstood my point. But I got over it.

But you know what. This comment of yours, lifted from between the lines of your post here, is not really as between the lines as you expect us poor "dumb" souls to think.

And I have to stop reading this thread, because I gotta tellya, I feel a Boom! comin' on.

Boomer
Old 05-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Veteran member

WOW!!! HUH!!! Oh my gosh!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:25 PM

Senoir citizen, please stop appologizing all over the place. Your post was very
consice and to the point. Some of the in crowd on this site would make an arguement out of a soup sandwich. If you're as intelligent as you seem you
should be able to pick out the pompus snipers for who thet are. There are some of us not being pushed around by them on TOTV. I hope you will stay the course and inject you're thoughts when you see fit.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I don't work for the villages. I am just me telling the truth.

Bad and good as we are, we people who post on this forum do NOT represent all of The Villages. I think typing alone at a computer can make people like me a little bolder than in real life and I am sure that is a little true of everyone.

I am finally at a loss for words. I wish that people who have been to Florida, even lived in Florida and who have never been to TV would come and see what some of us are talking about. Particularly Coney Island Girl and Senior Citizen.

I am doing my stint in exile right now and I have to say that the shock of this other place is hard. Granted our home and yard are much bigger, we live in an area that has a good mix of ages and our family is close by. It is very good indeed. But................now I would have to start raving again. Living in The Villages is like being in the college of your choice with all of your best friends and with the wisdom and sense of humor that comes with age. OH and the campus is to die for. OH and you can afford it.

I won't start. Please all of you wannabes come and see that I am telling the truth. You owe it to yourself. There are fewer years ahead than there are behind.

Bring your dancin' shoes.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-28-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Thumbs up So True

Quote:
Originally Posted by days2go View Post
Senoir citizen, please stop appologizing all over the place. Your post was very
consice and to the point. Some of the in crowd on this site would make an arguement out of a soup sandwich. If you're as intelligent as you seem you
should be able to pick out the pompus snipers for who thet are. There are some of us not being pushed around by them on TOTV. I hope you will stay the course and inject you're thoughts when you see fit.

days2go Very well said!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by days2go View Post
There are some of us not being pushed around by them on TOTV.
I'm curious, you joined this forum 18 days ago and have three posts. During this short period of time, what gives you the impression that anybody is "pushing you around."

Since the administrators are keenly interested in stopping this type of thing, I wonder if you would give us an example of how you have been "pushed around" in this short period of time. We want to stop it.

I did notice that on one of your other two posts, you said that "grandchildren" should be banned from the town squares. Was it after that comment that somebody took issue with you.

Or, was it your second post where you said, "the group on this site that is more dangerous are the back stabbers." I can't imagine why anybody would take issue with that.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
I'm curious, you joined this forum 18 days ago and have three posts. During this short period of time, what gives you the impression that anybody is "pushing you around."
It seems as if "days2go" has formed some very negative opinions in the 18 days of membership. Could it be that this poster was previously a member using a different identity? Just a thought.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.