New Apartments-near Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2022, 04:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
it appears to me that the Developer is setting up the structural cash flows to set up an initial public offering of the ownership of The Villages.
You are way beyond my understanding of the business world.

I'm just worried about the additional dog poop that will be generated by the new development.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

OP, I don't understand the motivation behind your post...are you against this, or merely fulfilling the role of a town crier?
Old 05-21-2022, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

More info, looks like a nice option for young professionals working in the area or retirees looking for maintenance free living.

Our Projects - Eden Living
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	684BA70C-1D47-4E86-93B5-AA3307D03714.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	93867  
Old 05-21-2022, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
OP, I don't understand the motivation behind your post...are you against this, or merely fulfilling the role of a town crier?
I thought it was pretty clear - I asked “How close is this”. I.e. where is it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly where they were building the apartments. Full timers talk in terms of route names, etc - I’m a part timer, I understand landmarks better, Fenney Grill, Southern Oaks Golf Course, the Publix, etc.

I could not care less about apartments. I live within walking distance of Brownwood, the apartments there do not affect my life one way or another, except I often cut though on my return trip from the square.

Apartments in SS, go for it.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:14 AM

Unless they are Village Residents they can only golf the Championship courses. Exec not opto to residents of Lake Sumter and Marion counties
Old 05-21-2022, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

We checked out the Lofts (at Brownwood) a couple years ago and overall didn’t think they were so called “high end rentals” at all. Rental prices were high but in our opinion the Lofts were cheaply build. To each his own. The new minimum wage of $15 won’t support a $1500 a month (plus utilities) apartment. Even at $1000 a month rent it would be difficult to get by without a second person in the household working too. The active labor pool in this area is exhausted.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:10 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default The villages going Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
…. The sale of individual homes does not provide the certainty of cash flow required by the equity markets. I’ve said before, it appears as though the Developer (and those that have a say in the family) are setting up The Villages for an Initial Public Offering, making it a public company.

With ownership of the company now in it’s fourth generation, the internal family stresses and strains have to be difficult. Taking TV public, giving the various family members “their share” in newly issued shares solves the problem. They will have “cashed out” and would have several options…
  • They could sell their shares, resign their positions in TV management and retire to a luxurious vacation.
  • They could decide to try to increase their ownership share by buying out other family members who might not want to continue as “the Developer”.
  • The whole ownership structure of TV could change if an outside investor, like a large home builder or a financial investor, consolidated ownership by gaining majority control by buying a majority of the public shares.

It’s only my opinion, of course, but it appears to me that the Developer is setting up the structural cash flows to set up an initial public offering of the ownership of The Villages.
I don’t have any “inside information” but you could be right. The immediate “family” members are already billionaires so who knows how much longer they might hang as sole owners. We may not live long enough to find out.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Except for the pools, it looks kind of like a prison.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:17 AM
Default These apartments will be in prime location

It seems to me this land owner sold too soon. These apartments will be just north of Eastport and Middleton and just west of the healthcare facilities in Lake Co. There will be 4 Championship golf courses within a very short distance. They may not have "The Villages" lifestyle but not to shabby IMHO.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
More info, looks like a nice option for young professionals working in the area or retirees looking for maintenance free living.

Our Projects - Eden Living
Maybe. But from what I've been reading these apartments are of only two kinds: 1-bedroom 1-bath units of around 780 square feet of floor space, and 2-bedroom 2-bath units of just over 1,000 square feet of floor space. Nice for single people and couples, or young families with at most two kids, but certainly not beyond that. Garages pictured are the one-car variety: ones you can find in most apartment complexes, probably for additional amount of rent. Plus there doesn't seen to be an overabundance of outside parking. Families often have two or more vehicles.

The whole thing; 130 apartments plus garages, is shoehorned into 15 acres. "Tight" is a mild term to use in this instance. I'm not sure how "high-end" is being used to describe this place.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I'm just worried about where their dogs are going to poop.
On your lawn , of course
Old 05-23-2022, 09:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
Except for the pools, it looks kind of like a prison.
Maybe they will use the new development to handle the overflow from the Federal prison nearby.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Maybe they will use the new development to handle the overflow from the Federal prison nearby.
Your record is wearing out.
Old 05-23-2022, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not sure how “high-end” apartments fill an “underserved segment of the rental population”? High end apartment dwellers aren’t the people that are going to work in the new restaurants so they can finally open up!
There are also people who /own/ restaurants, who need a place to live and don't want to buy for whatever reason. Since this will be a family-friendly development, you can be sure that some of the teenage kids who move in with their parents will want jobs for summer and weekends. Not all teenage kids of "high end" parents are spoiled brats. Some of those parents instill a strong work ethic in their children.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Maybe. But from what I've been reading these apartments are of only two kinds: 1-bedroom 1-bath units of around 780 square feet of floor space, and 2-bedroom 2-bath units of just over 1,000 square feet of floor space. Nice for single people and couples, or young families with at most two kids, but certainly not beyond that. Garages pictured are the one-car variety: ones you can find in most apartment complexes, probably for additional amount of rent. Plus there doesn't seen to be an overabundance of outside parking. Families often have two or more vehicles.

The whole thing; 130 apartments plus garages, is shoehorned into 15 acres. "Tight" is a mild term to use in this instance. I'm not sure how "high-end" is being used to describe this place.
It's amazing how many bunk beds will fit in one room, a family of 6 can easily live comfortably in a 2 bedroom home.
Closed Thread

Tags
project, eden, fenney, break, expects

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.