New construction prices

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Default New construction prices

I just noticed that some of the new construction ranch homes underwent additional price reductions over the weekend. It appeared to be directed at the ones that had been in inventory the longest and located in northern section of Amelia along Corbett Drive and adjoining streets. New discounts appear to be on only selected homes and not across the board.

While nobody would reasonably attempt to call a bottom (or top) to the market, some of these homes are starting to look very interesting for those waiting to see how low they will go. For those looking for larger lots and a FL room in this area, the discounts are significant. I just drilled down from the main page for TV to see the new prices. If you search any other way, say by VNH number for example, you may come up with an older price.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Sage
Default Re: New construction prices

Thanks for the info Tom. I'll be down there in two weeks and I'll check them out.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:18 PM

I have a question. I've seen a few others on these boards mention that they purchased homes that were not yet built. When we last visited TV in 2007 this was not available. have they changed their stance on this?

thanks.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

NO. I was told on Tuesday you could not purchase a home not built and even if you stood there with a million bucks cash money they wouldn't do it.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Dancing Thyme

Gracie, Honey, you have a million bucks!!!?????

Good luck with the new house, I'm so excited for you and your family. I may be a neighbor, wouldn't that be nice? Probably for me but not for you, huh!!

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-23-2008, 03:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Million bucks? Fa-git-abowdit!!!!! NOPE. But I would just love to have you for our neighbor. Come on down!!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Platinum member

TomW,

When we were there 2 weeks ago looking at homes, the prices in person were lower than the advertised price on the i-net. I might say in this case "Don't believe everything you read" is a good thing.

F16
Old 04-24-2008, 04:25 PM

F16 is right. We bought our house 2 weeks and 2 days ago. The bid came in 30k less than we feared and 20k less than we hoped. We were flabbergasted! And of course very happy. By the way, this is a "home not built". We purchased our lot and then went to TV to pick out the house. Construction has just started.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:12 PM

Congrats on your new home!!! We are considering purchasing later this summer and I'm trying to keep up as best I can with the pricing. When we were in TV, there always seems to be a 'deal of the week" or something like it that isn't available for discovery on the Internet resources. Since we aren't in a rush, we are trying to pick just the right spot. I like the "leafy" aspect of the older sections and their mature trees but also appreciate sidewalks and some of the improvements seen only in the newer villages. We've had too many houses in the past with the rear to the west which makes the deck/lanai/patio too hot to use during the warm months - so the orientation is important too. The TOTV has been a most valuable source of information of life in TV and many little do's and don'ts. Thanks and please keep it up.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
NO. I was told on Tuesday you could not purchase a home not built and even if you stood there with a million bucks cash money they wouldn't do it.
That was true awhile ago, but now you can choose a lot, and then a home with certain packages. You can't select everything, but at least you have some say. We live in Mallory and our neighbor sold their home and is having a new one built in Hemingway. They were able to select a nice lot on the golf course and make certain selections in their new home.

Mary Lou
Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl

You shoulda asked again on Wednesday!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-18-2008, 05:34 AM

We just bought a lot and picked our house type, floor plan with expansions, colors inside and out, roof line and front options, garage options, kitchen options, appliance options, patio options and discount / furniture option. We also had the option to relocate from Duval and pay dearly for the golf course/sunset view in Hemmingway. Now we will rent/wait until the Duval ranch is two years old in April to avoid the Florida tax assessed to quick sales by out of state owners. I love options so much that I'm paying for all this with stock options !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:33 PM

Lucko,

I'm a bit confused. From everything I've read the only options offered are inside and outside colors. You say your picked appliances, size of rooms, colors, and more? We'll be in TV looking at homes in two weeks. Once thing I don't like about TV is that you don't get to choose what you want. Has this changed?

Pili ???
Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 PM

Yes, they have a "package deal" that they offer now. We also picked out our appliances, flooring, counter, siding, etc..
;D
Old 05-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Veteran member

What type of home are you having built....ranch, designer, or premier?

EDIT: I want to clarify why I ask. I'm not typically that nosey. I only ask because if I move to TV, I will probably purchase a ranch home. I wouldn't think TV would be allowing for all those choices for "just" a ranch home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.