New Construction Update Video

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 02:11 PM

This would be great! Who do we call to make this happen??
Old 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM

It would mean there would be no shoulder space on the bridge at all for cars. A single car breaks down on the bridge and traffic is doomed.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:38 AM

There’s really not much along Warm Springs to connect to. The northern turnpike bridge connects to the larger portion of development on the north side of Warm Springs and is fed by the Brownwood bridge. The southern bridge, the cattle bridge, connects to the southern development at a more central point and will, I suspect, be fed directly by the Chitty Chatty bridge. I just don’t see the need for 3 points of access over the turnpike, Don, but you may be right. Consider also, though, that the developer has publicly announced their plan for bridges and access so why would they not include access across the Warm Springs bridge if that was in the plan?
Old 03-11-2020, 03:57 PM
Default Championship golf clubs south of Hwy 44

How many championship golf courses have been planned, where are they and are any under current construction?
Old 03-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbcox View Post
How many championship golf courses have been planned, where are they and are any under current construction?
To date, only one new championship course has been announced, it is on the north side of the Turnpike adjacent to the Okahumpka service plaza, some work on it has been started. I'll try to show some video footage of it in my next video.

It is important to understand that Championship courses are not amenities, they are private businesses, they have to make a profit to survive.

Thant being said, it is important to understand what it takes to support a Championship course and how many homes have been built. If you work the numbers, it takes about 6700 homes to support a Championship course, based on the ratios north of SR44. Currently there are about 3500 homes sold south of SR44, far short of what is needed to support a Championship course.

The southern areas seem bigger than because the main roads pass directly through the middle of the communities, where as north of 44 most traffic is along Morse and Buena Vista and it is difficult to comprehend the scale of the development on either side of the road.

It only takes a little digging and some close examination of plans that have been published and past trends to identify at least 2 more championship course and 4 or 5 more executive courses in the very near future.

Again, the champion ship courses, and The Villages development company for that matter, are businesses, in the business of making money. Many here in the bubble have forgotten how the world works, they spout words like "greed" about The Villages on their iPads, or Windows based computers, on FaceBook as they shop Amazon and search the internet with Google or YouTube. What do all these have in common, these are the 5 largest companies in the world, each hundreds of times larger than The Villages, but somehow there is no "greed" in their operations. The true greed is staring them in the mirror with their "I want" attitudes and "I've got mine now it's too big and they need to stop building because it's too big and they're just being greedy" mantra.

I guess I got a little off track, sorry about that. More are coming, that is for sure. The Villages is just better at keeping secrets than anybody else and they only release the information as they want. Unless someone can bet them to it...
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Default Reason, facts, logic. How dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
To date, only one new championship course has been announced, it is on the north side of the Turnpike adjacent to the Okahumpka service plaza, some work on it has been started. I'll try to show some video footage of it in my next video.

It is important to understand that Championship courses are not amenities, they are private businesses, they have to make a profit to survive.

Thant being said, it is important to understand what it takes to support a Championship course and how many homes have been built. If you work the numbers, it takes about 6700 homes to support a Championship course, based on the ratios north of SR44. Currently there are about 3500 homes sold south of SR44, far short of what is needed to support a Championship course.

The southern areas seem bigger than because the main roads pass directly through the middle of the communities, where as north of 44 most traffic is along Morse and Buena Vista and it is difficult to comprehend the scale of the development on either side of the road.

It only takes a little digging and some close examination of plans that have been published and past trends to identify at least 2 more championship course and 4 or 5 more executive courses in the very near future.

Again, the champion ship courses, and The Villages development company for that matter, are businesses, in the business of making money. Many here in the bubble have forgotten how the world works, they spout words like "greed" about The Villages on their iPads, or Windows based computers, on FaceBook as they shop Amazon and search the internet with Google or YouTube. What do all these have in common, these are the 5 largest companies in the world, each hundreds of times larger than The Villages, but somehow there is no "greed" in their operations. The true greed is staring them in the mirror with their "I want" attitudes and "I've got mine now it's too big and they need to stop building because it's too big and they're just being greedy" mantra.

I guess I got a little off track, sorry about that. More are coming, that is for sure. The Villages is just better at keeping secrets than anybody else and they only release the information as they want. Unless someone can bet them to it...
Well said. Thank you.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
It would mean there would be no shoulder space on the bridge at all for cars. A single car breaks down on the bridge and traffic is doomed.
The other span (east bound) has no shoulder space on it and that has not been a problem for the 30+ years that that bridge has been in existence. It is not uncommon for a bridge to not have shoulder lanes, they are usually a short distance and aren't considered necessary.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-15-2020, 08:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
Some new activity near Water Lily Rec Center side of the Turnpike bridge:

There's now a huge crane in place near where the bridge mounting structure will be located on south side of the Turnpike. Perhaps this is a positive sign that something is happening.

There's been another crane parked farther east on the north side of the Turnpike.
Went by and flew this areas today, not a lot of movement. Yes there's a crane and they've back filled an area for heavy equipment, but no construction materials or other signs of work happening. But it is worth watching, having a crane parked and not being used is expensive and The Villages developer is not one to waste money.

If you live in the area and you start to see things happening, drop me a message and I'll get some pictures/video footage.
www.goldwingnut.com
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, villages, including, video, update

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.