new development lots by Hwy 42?

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2016, 07:13 AM
Veteran member
Default new development lots by Hwy 42?

Is there any plot layouts for the new development south of the VA? We're looking at buy a villa on Tallifer in Quail Ridge that has a nice view looking across the green of #4 of the Lopez course. Currently the view to the north has no homes just pine trees. We're concerned that there will be houses put there reducing the nice view. Any ideas?
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Development of that land has been mentioned in the Sun many times over the past two years, the TV developer getting approval from Marion County and the CDDs. There was a hold up while they discussed the added crowds at the current rec centers, pools and exec golf courses. I believe they are adding some public areas besides just mail boxes, but since I live in the south area I really haven't been following that closely.

I believe they finally have the go ahead to built 300 CYVs. I think 180 will be next to the VA with an entrance on 42 and another 120 somewhere around Calumet Grove. They should be breaking ground soon.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
Is there any plot layouts for the new development south of the VA? We're looking at buy a villa on Tallifer in Quail Ridge that has a nice view looking across the green of #4 of the Lopez course. Currently the view to the north has no homes just pine trees. We're concerned that there will be houses put there reducing the nice view. Any ideas?
I haven't seen any plot layouts yet, but as you're probably aware, they started clearing the land beside the VA a little over a month ago. Their is not much of a buffer between the land being developed and the existing Villages homes. In fact if you take a drive on Bentley Street, the land has been cleared right up to the point where the houses currently are (with a land buffer of course). A realtor had mentioned the developer would leave a buffer of trees, but those trees have been removed for the most part.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

The place we're looking at is 9002 Tallifer. It look directly at the 4th green. If the trees are gone behind (north) we probably will not be buying. Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I haven't seen any plot layouts yet, but as you're probably aware, they started clearing the land beside the VA a little over a month ago. Their is not much of a buffer between the land being developed and the existing Villages homes. In fact if you take a drive on Bentley Street, the land has been cleared right up to the point where the houses currently are (with a land buffer of course). A realtor had mentioned the developer would leave a buffer of trees, but those trees have been removed for the most part.
I recall more than once when a developer or realtor made such claims. Prospective buyers need to get that in writing. One such claim realtor told people who were buying wooded lots that nothing ever would be built to disrupt their serene setting. Yet plans for a highway had been completed an lo and behold the trees around their homes gone and a four lane in their backyard. these homes were going for over $1 mill. We were fortunate because the realtor we had warned us to stay away from a new home not far from there because she was aware that this four lane was being readied

Another promise was that the existing railroad tracks that set behind their homes would eventually we removed because the tracks were no longer used. Again$1 mill homes. The trains ran regularly and often and a lawsuit ensued
Old 03-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

If I recall there were preliminary plot plans published when the projects were initially announced, these were in the on line paper, however, I am not use that source has a search feature for old articles.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:10 PM

I suspect the builder will want to sell new villas with the same view of the green that the house you are looking at offers.

So my guess is the trees will go..just a guess
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Platinum member

If I have my courses correct, the 4th green is the par 3 on Ashley. If this is correct, the new villas will be in this area.

Just a quick anecdote, l was playing this hole recently. My playing partner pull his shot well right over the wall into the area being cleared. Before we could retrieve the ball a bulldozer buried the ball under about 6 feet of dirt never to found again....
Old 03-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Sage

While driving past the currently rough graded area this evening I was told that a friend of the driver bought a villa there and expected to occupy it in the fall.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
you might look at the Marion County webpage.....if there are any plans to develop, there should be information there.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-19-2016, 07:01 AM
Gold member

You might want to look at the VCDD website for District 4
http://http://www.districtgov.org/yo...spx?district=4
Check the agendas and the minutes of past meetings to find discussion and proposed layouts for both expansion areas in District 4.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Closed Thread

Tags
view, development, nice, north, lopez, houses, put, reducing, ideas, concerned, homes, green, pine, trees, quail, plot, layouts, lots, hwy, south, tallifer, ridge, villa, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.