New dishwasher

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2021, 06:20 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
My search reveals no recent postings on buying dishwashers. I think I want Bosch but am guessing we may run into the supply chain problems. Any recommendations?
I recently bought a Kitchenaid. It was all that was available without a wait. It does a great job and I'm very satisfied with it.
I also had to buy a new electric range and ran into the same problem. Got a Frigidaire and absolutely hate it. Again, it was the only one available or wait over 30 days w/o a stove.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

why is sound the only evaluation of a dishwasher, and not the quality of the clean dishes, the time to clean, location of the utensil holder, and the amount of water used?

Old 07-23-2021, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
My search reveals no recent postings on buying dishwashers. I think I want Bosch but am guessing we may run into the supply chain problems. Any recommendations?
Lowes has Bosch dishwashers in stock.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
We have a one year old Samsung, the ‘best’ model offered by TV at the time. We won’t buy another. Top two compartments clean well, but lower one is, to put it mildly, lacking. Have to set the unit to Heavy Wash just to get a decent clean. Even then, larger pots still need attention (and we rinse everything before loading!). Good luck!
Old 07-23-2021, 07:05 AM

I had a Bosch in Michigan and loved it. Extremely quiet
Old 07-23-2021, 07:18 AM
Default New Dish washer

Quote:

I ordered from Bosch dishwasher from Lowe's. It was in within 4 weeks. Fortunately, you can get by without a working dishwasher for months!
Old 07-23-2021, 07:19 AM

I have a Bosch, Samsung and recently purchased a Hisense from Lowes. I was skeptical but needed it immediately and it was in stock. I was told by the salesperson that they actually make a lot of the dishwashers for the name brands. It was on sale for $500 and additional for installation. It was in stock and took about 2 weeks. I am VERY PLEASED! It is very quiet and is stainless steel inside. Most new ones are plastic inside. I did get the Lowes warranty out of fear of this product but probably didn't need it. Best of luck.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:33 AM

If you can get one Bosch is rated one of the best. If you can wait order one.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:35 AM

Another vote for Bosch. Clean and quiet. Searching for a critique... the regular wash cycle takes over two hours. Maybe why it cleans so well.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokefawcett View Post
Just as a heads up, Bosch has about 120 different SKU’s in dishwashers and due to Covid are only producing approx 50. The average wait time time from order to delivery is 4 - 7 months. This is primarily due to supply chain issues mostly related to computer chips that are required to operate the entire machine. Also as a FYI average for lifespan of all dishwashers is 6 years - Bosch is still averaging over 11 years.
We have a Whirlpool that was original with the house, built in 2003. Works well every night. Quiet enough that we close the bedroom door and never know it is running.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:01 AM

Lowe’s has a warehouse. They are more likely to have one.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
My sister lives in Desoto she bought a Bosch and you can’t even hear it run. Get an extended warranty because there are few qualified repair people here! It’s a great machine make sure it’s connected properly !
Old 07-23-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywood View Post
You'll probably be forced to buy Chinese. They were the only country that actually grew their economy during Covid. Odd, huh, since they started it. Almost like they had a vaccine they didn't bother to mention.

Oh, well...

I would never buy anything but Whirlpool/Kitchenaide if I had a choice. Besides the rock-solid reliability, they're ridiculously quiet and they have the silverware in the door where it should be, so it doesn't take space from the dishes. And they aren't made in China (yet).
Whirlpool is just awful my dishwasher and was supposed to be upgraded is loud does a lousy job and it never dries completely the cycle is too long. And no I don’t stuff the washer ! Maytag Bosch LG will work better ! Everyone knows you don’t wait until you move in to order you place a deposit 2-3 months in advance never ever pay up front.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We are replacing all our appliances with Bosch, had them in PA so we were sold on their products. The dishwasher is due in November. We purchased from Aggressive Appliances because we wanted a company that didn't sub out install and service and stocked parts. Also took out extended service contracts to cover costs after warranty.
You’re the smartest person here !
Old 07-23-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
You will have a problem with deliveries from everywhere. Bought a patio set in April and was told delivery wouldnt be until the end of June. I agreed to wait. Three days later, I get a call saying now its the end of July. I doubt they didnt know that when I purchased it. Again, I agreed to wait. Delivery date was today. Now its 8/5. if it doesnt arrive on the due date now, Im cancelling my order and just keeping what I have. This is Rooms to Go.
Rooms to go is a franchise and are very shady hope you read contract
Closed Thread

Tags
problems, chain, supply, run, guessing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.