New Dog Park Needed

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Consider this, between 466 and 466A there are probably 5 times the amount of homes that are in the Brownwood area and there is only one dog park. That's the area from the Villages High School to the Mallory Golf Course south to Colony Shopping Center to west of Buena Vista. That one park is stuck behind a fire station, on a hillside with trees keeping the ground damp and with little growth. Here's a photo of that park.

The Villages Florida
Mysunshine should consider herself lucky. The dog park behind the Bonita Firehall is a joke.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:37 PM

No one has mentioned the nice dog park in Wildwood on Huey St. with lots of trees for shade when it's hot and ample fascinating smells to be checked out. In addition there are squirrels to be chased! Doggie Do Run Run is also a wonderful dog park for exercising a big dog, and all you have to do is plant a flag to mark the poop; the owners pick it up for you. Before the Atlas dog park on Moyer opened, we used to drive up there every morning. These aren't part of the amenities of TV, but they are nice alternatives when our parks are too crowded.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:33 PM

Thank you. I will check out the dog park in Wildwood. I am a responsible dog owner. My dog is a registered therapy dog. She and I visit nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc. She loves to run and play. I just want a nice place for her to do this without 100 other dogs, which was my original statement that there needs to be more dog parks. There are MANY pet owners here. Dog parks are as much an amenity as an exercise class for people. I guess there are people out there who are not animal lovers. Too bad. They miss a lot.

As far as amenities....the Rec. Centers are nice, but without the volunteers that teach the classes and head up the clubs, there would not be anything to put in the 64 page Rec. guide that comes out every week. All the clubs and exercise classes are provided at no cost because we are volunteers.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
.....I just want a nice place for her to do this without 100 other dogs, which was my original statement that there needs to be more dog parks. There are MANY pet owners here. Dog parks are as much an amenity as an exercise class for people.....
I agree there is a need for more dogparks.
I've written that comment on my resident survey for the past 10 years.
We were envious when they built a large dog park on Moyer for residents south of 466A!
But we love DDRR .... even though it's a private park.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-11-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Bosoxfan

This is the best dog park ever!!! Sure wish there were something like this here or at least closer than Inverness. We take Mookie a minimum 3 times a week.He loves it!!!

Bark Central Dog Park
Old 01-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
We have a couple of dog parks here in Cary NC. If you want to use it the annual pass is $40 per dog for residents and $80 per dog for non residents. In addition, there are several rules and requirements (vaccinations etc) to get a pass to get in. This is a fair way to set it up and I am sure the city still loses money every year providing this.
pauld

You nailed it. some residents seem to believe that the personal decisions they make should be financially shared by the community.
I made mention of this on the LLC thread. If people want a dog pay the freight. if they want to take a class pay the tuition
Old 01-12-2017, 02:27 PM

The area around the water tower close to Brownwood would make a great dog park.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Sage

I like dogs to preface my post. We no longer have one but have had 2 in the past. That said, back when we had dogs...there were no dog parks. The dogs "went" outside in our yard---we picked up the residue. We didn't walk our dogs...though it probably would have been a good thing (exercise and all).
Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Gee a dog popping thread and a vendor pooping thread all in the same day....must be "season"
LMBO @ "vendor pooping."

Good one.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, people, dogs, moyer, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.