A new gate record

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2022, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
2 year olds and the clueless - people not worth arguing with.
True. I wonder if dementia is playing a role here. Then again, I just saw a poll that indicated 14% of Americans have a plan for the zombie apocalypse
Old 07-09-2022, 07:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Some people view reality in a way most normal persons can't comprehend.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Speaking of Ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Nope. No false sense of security for me. I well understand that anyone can pass through the gate.

Wrong again. Knowing the arm is coming down in between cars allows a waiting cart to get at least half-way across. That's all the cart needs, is half-way once, half-way twice, and it's through the intersection. It works, over and over again. If you can't see that it's because you don't drive a cart every day.

As far as breaking down the cost to $23 per year per person being "laughingly ridiculous", I used twoplanekid's numbers from the District website, using his higher estimate of $3Million per year and divided it by the population of TV which I understand to be in excess of 130,000.

When I divide 3Million by 130,000 I get 23. Do you have different numbers you can support, or does your calculator come up with a different number?
YOU may understand that anyone can enter any village, however, if you read what I wrote (duh) potential buyers do NOT know that; they are led to believe that TV is a gated community.

YOU may think getting halfway across the entrances works but if you watch the golf carts, most don't do that. They would have to be pressing the pedal to the metal because they really do not have a lot of time when the cars are backed up to enter a community. I have driven a cart for enough years to know exactly how the gates, etc. work.

It IS laughingly ridiculous that you even attempt to break down the cost to a per person amount. Not only ridiculous but downright dumb. Regardless of what the figure actually IS -- that's a helluva lot of money, and not money well spent.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
This is real easy to resolve. There are 50,000 golf carts in TV, and EVERY SINGLE DRIVER OF ONE knows that there is ample time to cross behind the gates. The statement "I did own a golf cart for quite a while and subsequently, chose to sell it" simply does not pass the smell test. And for those that don't want to be "second-guessed", all I can state is:
So exactly what are you smelling??!?
We got rid of our golf cart and chose not to get another one.
So what is your problem with that?

Old 07-09-2022, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
So exactly what are you smelling??!?
We got rid of our golf cart and chose not to get another one.
So what is your problem with that?

Considering the concept that there isn't enough time to cross at a gate is not shared by the other 50,000+ cart drivers in TV, there is absolutely no problem with you giving up your cart, in fact, I applaud your action. It's better for me, better for you, and certainly better for anyone who would get stuck behind you at a gate crossing.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Considering the concept that there isn't enough time to cross at a gate is not shared by the other 50,000+ cart drivers in TV, there is absolutely no problem with you giving up your cart, in fact, I applaud your action. It's better for me, better for you, and certainly better for anyone who would get stuck behind you at a gate crossing.
It's funny, but I don't see anything close to 50,000 golf carts going halfway across a village entrance. You must have spent years sitting there counting them and I wonder if you got all their signatures to verify your probable inaccuracy.

Anyone behind me at a gate would breeze right on through after me with no problem . . . in a car, that is.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's funny, but I don't see anything close to 50,000 golf carts going halfway across a village entrance. You must have spent years sitting there counting them and I wonder if you got all their signatures to verify your probable inaccuracy.

Anyone behind me at a gate would breeze right on through after me with no problem . . . in a car, that is.
Don't be obtuse.

"The carts are hard to miss. The Villages, a retirement community where most of the inhabitants are over the age of 60, is home to approximately 125,000 people and more than 50,000 golf carts, according to Babiarz Law Firm of The Villages."

And that was from December, 2018. How many more now?
Old 07-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This thread is on its way to 100 posts just like an endless roundabout thread.
Like I said……….
Old 07-09-2022, 05:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:

On second thought, I'm sure you are right.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Yes, the gates do stop traffic momentarily but when there is another car directly behind that one, there is still not enough time for a golf cart to safely cross the entrance to a village. They still have to wait! not very accurate, but what difference does it make???
Sorry, but not true...

It is quite easy to cross half way and wait until the gate goes down. That will give you more than enough time to cross before the gate goes up again and a another car comes thru...

And what I stated is MY real world experience and what I observe happening every single day, day after day...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, day, gates, record, it’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.