new Golf Cart store, garage, fuel station.

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
How long before this price becomes more competitive? 2003 club car using corn gas and still going. Reason I bought gas cart was for range and since I pass reg stations, that is where I buy. I'm glad it is there for the purists
as long as it is ethanol free it wont get near the price of unleaded regular
Old 01-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The owner's manual for my 2014 Yamaha gas golf cart states that fuels containing more than 10% ethanol are not recommended. 10% ethanol fuel is therefore OK. The energy content of ethanol-free fuel is about 3% higher than 10% ethanol fuel (and will therefore provide about 3% better fuel mileage) but it costs 60% more. Unless you have an engine that specifically specifies ethanol-free fuel, it isn't clear to me why ethanol-free gas would provide a benefit when the cart is used regularly. If your gas cart sits for long periods of time there could be an advantage to ethanol-free fuel but adding a fuel stabilizer may be OK under these conditions with 10% ethanol fuel. I would equate using ethanol-free fuel in a golf cart that doesn't require such fuel to using 92 octane fuel in a car that only requires 87 octane fuel - it won't hurt anything but it increases your costs without any benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I filled up yesterday at Gordans Garage for $3.29 per gal and was happy to put real 87 octane gas in the cart.
Paying about $.20 more a gal isn't going to break me since I only took 3 Gals. and it will last me 2 weeks or more. It was kind of neat pulling up to the pump and hearing the oldtime "ding-ding". Using ethanol gas will eventually give you problems that you really don't want.

Learning how to use the pump was an experience though, not what you are used to. I'll always buy my gas there in the cart or in Brownwood when it is finished.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Hhmm. Pay more for cart gas means less for happy hour. Decisions, decisions.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Yea the gas is $3.29 a gallon. If you don't want to pay it don't. Had both of my carts serviced the other day. Didn't have to want long. Nice waiting room, free coffee, TV, newspapers, vending machine and a very large showroom. Big improvement over the other shop and I didn't have to leave it in my driveway with the keys in the cup holder. The one in Brownwood should be ready in May from what we heard the other day.
How much do they charge for annual service now? Did the price go down since they don't have to pick up and deliver the carts?
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:57 PM

If this gas is for off road use only it should not have road tax and should sell for less then what we buy for our cars
Old 01-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Gold member

Sounds like a"No Brainer" to me for a 5 gal gas tank, when the convenience is so close and still able to get no ethanol, gasoline. I'm sure nobody is going to wait till they are on empty, to fill up again, so probably take, between 3-4 gallons on fill up time. Maybe might have to skip a "Happy Hour" day, if the wallet is low. I think this garage is just a great idea. You even can drop off your cart for maintenance work, and they will give you a loaner cart, till cart is done!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
I think this garage is just a great idea. You even can drop off your cart for maintenance work, and they will give you a loaner cart, till cart is done!!!
You're right as I experienced about a week ago. They gave me a loaner while they went over my cart to see why sometimes it wouldn't start when pressing on the gas peddle (gas cart).
Problem found and to give notice to so many who bought a cart in 2010 when they moved here, it is time for a new battery. I was wondering how much longer it would last and I found out and almost got stuck at one point. Replace the battery before 4 years to be on the safe side.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.