New Home Inventory - Builder Still Holding Firm Against Negotiating?

Old 03-25-2024, 10:28 AM

I bought my home in 2010 and tried to negotiate but it ended up take it or leave it. The wouldn’t negotiate at all. Doubt things have changed so I think you are SOL.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

I bought at the height of the “boom” in 2021 here and even then, in Bradford they had reduced prices on homes backing up to Morse Blvd. I almost bought one but decided to go with Hawkins at full price. If you go to the website it doesn’t seem like they have a ton of inventory. Those homes that back up to 470 will be discounted as were the Chitty Chatty homes close to 44 back in 2022. Yet, Moultry Creek is nearly sold out.

Last edited by Kelevision; 03-25-2024 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I bought at the height of the “boom” in 2021 here and even then, in Bradford they had reduced prices on homes backing up to Morse Blvd. I almost bought one but decided to go with Hawkins at full price. If you go to the website it doesn’t seem like they have a ton of inventory. Those homes that back up to 470 will be discounted as were the Chitty Chatty homes close to 44 back in 2022. Yet, Moultry Creek is sold out.
I just counted 55 homes for sale on TV website in Moultrie Creek. Not sold out.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I bought at the height of the “boom” in 2021 here and even then, in Bradford they had reduced prices on homes backing up to Morse Blvd. I almost bought one but decided to go with Hawkins at full price. If you go to the website it doesn’t seem like they have a ton of inventory. Those homes that back up to 470 will be discounted as were the Chitty Chatty homes close to 44 back in 2022. Yet, Moultry Creek is sold out.
Not sure where you're coming up with "Moultrie Creek" is sold out....going to the Villages website, there are dozens of homes shown and many parts that haven't even been released yet for sale.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Not sure where you're coming up with "Moultrie Creek" is sold out....going to the Villages website, there are dozens of homes shown and many parts that haven't even been released yet for sale.
Yes I had the CYV filter. There are 9 for sale my bad.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakster66 View Post
I just counted 55 homes for sale on TV website in Moultrie Creek. Not sold out.
Fixed it!!
Old 03-25-2024, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That is true and they have already heavily invested in industrial land which will be their next big adventure, I can see them owning a Florida railroad in the future to go along with the 4500 acres they purchased in Wildwood and the other parcels of industrial land that they own.. They are far ahead of any of us.
All 65 million of them?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-25-2024, 06:23 PM

When we had our home built in 2001, we were allowed to wait 2 years to build. When we came back to buy the land, we were told that they wanted to finish out the street we would be on. If we were willing to not wait 2 years and build immediately, they would let us have the land at 50% off. The land was $50,000 and we could have it for $25,000. It faces Glenbrook golf course. My husband said that could be my furniture money, so we started building. It was cool how our realtor would send us photos from the slab up. I used to look forward to the photos arriving in the mail because I could see it being built. I decided to retire earlier than I had planned and don't regret it at all.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm in Lake Denham and it is selling steadily. Maybe no fast, by Covid boom standards, but more normal from how it was before Covid (so I'm told). My little neighborhood has about 3 sold per week. There's only about 17 houses left in my section. I watched the video posted above and wasn't impressed with that realtor. Maybe his numbers are correct but IIRC he didn't really even understand how much was going in to Eastport and I believe he said something like Moultrie Creek was for families.
I agree about that YouTube realtor. He seems clueless about new construction every time I’ve watched him. Of course why would he want to share the honest facts about new construction when his livelihood is based on selling resales? I watched 3-4 of his videos then told YouTube not to recommend his channel anymore.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:26 AM
Default Everything's Negotiable

True that TV won't even consider price changes, but that doesn't mean that you can't negotiate with your agent. When you get down to the nitty-gritty, and you're close to signing, that's the time to ask your agent to either take less commission, or to be flexible with upgrades or chargeable extras. They can always help to defray costs...if they want the sale badly enough.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It would be crazy for the developer to start negotiating the price of new houses.
Exactly. It’s a new home, not a resale. Why would you expect a builder to banter back and forth on a price?
Old 03-26-2024, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
True that TV won't even consider price changes, but that doesn't mean that you can't negotiate with your agent. When you get down to the nitty-gritty, and you're close to signing, that's the time to ask your agent to either take less commission, or to be flexible with upgrades or chargeable extras. They can always help to defray costs...if they want the sale badly enough.
You can’t do this with a Villages agent on a new home. They work for the developer and the developer doesn’t allow the agent to do any of these things you suggested.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

They've never negotiated in the over twenty years that we've lived here. There was a good suggestion that buyers should be alert to "special" discounts when offered. Unfortunately discounted pricing occurs when a community is selling out--the last houses or models that didn't sell. If you think those might be attractive to you at reduced prices, stay in touch with your sales person. If not, pick the model and homesite that you like and pay the asking price.

Tags
homes, negotiate, negotiating, builder, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.