COMCAST LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED; ANY SUGGESTIONS RE OTHER SERVICES?

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default COMCAST LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED; ANY SUGGESTIONS RE OTHER SERVICES?

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Default Re: COMCAST LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED; ANY SUGGESTIONS RE OTHER SERVICES?

Living in Duval, we have good picture quality and fast internet from Comcast. Check your connections and have them come test the signal. Use Comcast parts and connectors, as the shielding is not good in many of the store bought items and can cause picture problems. My only wish is for more HD channels.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default DirecTV Is Where It's At

After several months of being disgusted with the picture quality and choice of programming with the local Comcast affiliate, I had DirecTV installed and dumped the Comcast equipment at their office on 441/27. Before I did, they admitted to me that they have neglected to make the investment in wiring and "head end" equipment to permit the better picture quality, programming and services (like On Demand and phone) commonly available elsewhere in the U.S. They said they couldn't be certain, but that the upgrades weren't scheduled until "sometime in the next couple of years".

I've been happy as a clam with my DirecTV dish ever since. The picture quality is great, I love their DVR boxes (although they're not as good as the TiVo's we had up north), and DirecTV programming is better, with more and more HD programs every day. DirecTV even has the Big Ten Network at no extra charge, which Comcast refused to offer. I can watch my beloved Michigan Wolverines every week. Comcast's claim that those with a dish get frequent weather-related service interruptions is baloney. We have less interruptions here than we did up north.

About the only downside is that Comcast jacks up the price of their broadband connection (to $60 a month) if you don't subscribe to their cable TV service. What would you expect? Even with Comcast's broadband premium price, DirecTV is well worth it.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Default Re: COMCAST LEAVES MUCH TO BE DESIRED; ANY SUGGESTIONS RE OTHER SERVICES?

I love comcast!! have never had a problem in the villages or in my other home in So. Fl. Courteous fast response to questions .Beautiful picture!!! No complaints !!!! I live in mallory.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 AM

Direct TV is ok,but everytime you have a thunder storm you lose your connection. I had it and went back to comcast.
Darrell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.