New homes in the Historic Area

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2019, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts
Default New homes in the Historic Area

We always look at the homes for sale in thevillages.com and I noticed two NEW homes for sale in the historic area across 441. They are 'cotttage homes' and they both look very nice.

On the website I had noticed there was a new series of homes called 'cottage homes' but I had never seen a new home that fit into that category. Now I have.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

They used to be called ranch homes
Old 01-26-2019, 10:59 AM

"NEW" ? built in 2018 or 2019? Link?
Old 01-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Cottage Home series dates back to at least 2010, probably earlier.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Cottage Home series dates back to at least 2010, probably earlier.
That is true. However when a home comes up, a modular one, in the area's first occupied here, and the home is at a reasonable price to replace and resell at a reasonable price, the developer will buy it, take it away, and build a new one. It is kind of Urban Renewal.

I know you know that bagboy, but that was for new people who don't know that.

I think it is a good thing to do.

I in NO WAY am saying that the area is shoddy or badly kept. It is a beautiful area, and the only reason I can think for replacing some of the older modular homes is their Hurricane resistance. We have dear friends who live in beautiful modular homes. Please know I did not mean my post unkindly..

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-26-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:18 PM

Gracie,

Are you saying the BUILD a new home (foundation, block walls etc.) or they BRING IN a new modular home?

Thanks from all of us who don't know / can't see from here...
Old 01-26-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Gracie,

Are you saying the BUILD a new home (foundation, block walls etc.) or they BRING IN a new modular home?

Thanks from all of us who don't know / can't see from here...
The old is completely removed and rebuilt slab up.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:30 PM

Thanks for that clarification. Seems like the NEW homes value would be pulled down by the OLD homes surrounding them until the balance is reestablished.

It is always best (when selling) to own the least expensive house in the neighborhood. The converse is also true.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Thanks for that clarification. Seems like the NEW homes value would be pulled down by the OLD homes surrounding them until the balance is reestablished.

It is always best (when selling) to own the least expensive house in the neighborhood. The converse is also true.
Actually it appears that all of the homes values have been brought up, not only by this, but by the fact that The Villages overall is a wonderful place to live desired by a LOT of people. AND the new homes are priced to sell, but within a reasonable comparative value to the homes around them.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is true. However when a home comes up, a modular one, in the area's first occupied here, and the home is at a reasonable price to replace and resell at a reasonable price, the developer will buy it, take it away, and build a new one. It is kind of Urban Renewal.

I know you know that bagboy, but that was for new people who don't know that.

I think it is a good thing to do.

I in NO WAY am saying that the area is shoddy or badly kept. It is a beautiful area, and the only reason I can think for replacing some of the older modular homes is their Hurricane resistance. We have dear friends who live in beautiful modular homes. Please know I did not mean my post unkindly..

I think it's good also. Regardless of the type of home, many of the lots are scenic. I wonder though....if any of the homes replaced were moved to another location outside of The Villages and used as a home by someone?
Old 01-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

These homes are snapped up, usually before they're even on the market. Being next to a manufactured home certainly doesn't appear to be an issue. In fact, sometimes you're not sure if you're looking at a manufactured home or one of the new builds.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:01 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

We have done many one year warranty inspections on new homes in the historic section.

I think what makes The Villages successful is the fact that they know that there are all sorts of people who come here....so they endeavor to have something for everyone.

Folks in the Historic section tell me they like having a neighborhood with mature trees, bigger lots, the bond already paid, etc. They are close to the (for now) center of The Villages, close to the Hospital, shopping, etc.

Some folks love the Northern section, some love Fenney, DeSoto, etc, some love being close to Brownwood, some love being close to the center of things.

Some folks love their Patio Villas, some love their Premier homes. Many love in between.

It's all good. I for one am glad we are all not carbon copies of each other.

Frank D.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The notion that because there are manufactured homes there is lessor value to the neighborhood.

That is not the case. Very mature landscaping, less traffic than a lot of the new areas along with all the other amenities of TV.

Great opportunity for those who want to down size or just have a smaller second home in a very nice environment.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:28 PM

But, but replacing historic relics from the past, with the new, is denying the future for all generations to come..We must realize that, by covering up our history, we are bound to report it, and repeat it....
Old 01-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Actually it appears that all of the homes values have been brought up, not only by this, but by the fact that The Villages overall is a wonderful place to live desired by a LOT of people. AND the new homes are priced to sell, but within a reasonable comparative value to the homes around them.
Whenever I'm over in that part of TV I get the impression that it must be a very "neighborly" place to live. I have no idea why I feel that, though.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, noticed, historic, sale, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.