New Law - Vegetable Home Gardens NOT OK

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
When the law was passed that any home may mount a satellite dish, that superseded all homeowner association rules and city laws. How is this any different?
That was a federal regulation. Big difference.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
don't see how a village rule can supersede a Florida law?
It’s not a Villages rule. It is a deed restriction. The local government (the District) is not involved other than enforcement.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
That was a federal regulation. Big difference.
I am not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one on the internet, but, I don't see any difference between Federal or State laws, other than how they relate to each other. Many (States rights advocates) would assert that State laws are more applicable to local conditions than Federal.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

It's ALL speculation, until a case goes through the courts, or another law is passed...specifically excluding those who have signed deeds.

And who in the world is really naïve enough to think that there's no agenda or self-interest going on, by having Da Family's own attorneys telling folks to..."move along, nothing to see here."
Old 08-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Default Surprising

State law usually takes precedence over local regulations, otherwise what’s the point?

It would take a very well heeled Villager to step up and make the case however.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:00 AM

No I’m betting the AAC is wrong and u can have a vegetable garden
Old 08-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It's ALL speculation, until a case goes through the courts, or another law is passed...specifically excluding those who have signed deeds.

And who in the world is really naïve enough to think that there's no agenda or self-interest going on, by having Da Family's own attorneys telling folks to..."move along, nothing to see here."
WHOA. AGENDA? I think there is agenda in most posts on this thread.

I have an agenda. I don't like pressure groups pressuring me. I like the deed restrictions as they stand. I chose to live here and I chose to sign them and I like them. I do not want vegetable gardens in
this beautifully maintained place. I love vegetable gardens. I have eaten many the vegetables fresh and canned from vegetable gardens in my past life. I don't like threads started that reek of political views called something else.

I am also concerned about overgrowth of "Florida Friendly Vegetation".

Proud Gracie from farming area of Ohio who lives in the well run Villages and uses reusable grocery bags and eats leftovers and recycles old clothes by wearing them.

Sorry Bogie. I don't think YOU have an agenda on this issue.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-12-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

I love vegetable gardens! In my old country we called them kitchen gardens, both beautiful, scented and useful. Mostly herbal and spice gardens. But in TV? When I went around in the morning the irrigation smelled toxic. Even an accidental splash of that water could contaminate. Also the dogs “watering” the plants which they are likely to do if in front of the house.... yikes! Even if you invite me to your home, or bring a pot luck to a party... please, please don’t offer anything grown from your garden.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WHOA. AGENDA? I think there is agenda in most posts on this thread.

I have an agenda. I don't like pressure groups pressuring me. I like the deed restrictions as they stand. I chose to live here and I chose to sign them and I like them. I do not want vegetable gardens in
this beautifully maintained place. I love vegetable gardens. I have eaten many the vegetables fresh and canned from vegetable gardens in my past life. I don't like threads started that reek of political views called something else.

I am also concerned about overgrowth of "Florida Friendly Vegetation".

Proud Gracie from farming area of Ohio who lives in the well run Villages and uses reusable grocery bags and eats leftovers and recycles old clothes by wearing them.

Sorry Bogie. I don't think YOU have an agenda on this issue.
Right, no agenda. I read it in the paper and shared. I knew full well the agenda's would follow.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:23 PM

They can interpret the law and conclude it all they want... THE COURTS WILL DECIDE AND IF THE VILLAGES LOSES, IT WILL COST THEM! AGAIN
Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WHOA. AGENDA?<...Snip
Yep.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that attorney's working for Da Family, would give their 'opinion' (AKA-"AGENDA")...that it doesn't apply to their client.

Now only if that darned legal system, judges/juries and attorney's with differing opinions...didn't always get in the way.

I'll say it again, it's ALL speculation until the first case (or additional state laws)...are made.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:31 PM

There is no room for interpretation in the law that was passed. It restricts local governments from passing ordinances which would prevent a homeowner from having a vegetable garden in his front yard. That was the issue which caused the law to be written and then passed. There is no verbiage in the law as passed which could be in any way construed to include non-government entities such as HOAs or deed restricted communities. Don’t believe me? Go read it for yourself.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
...There is no verbiage in the law as passed which could be in any way construed to include non-government entities such as HOAs or deed restricted communities...
Pretty well sums it up.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=eyc234;1671425]That is too bad, I would much rather put water on something of value that waste it on a green dog toilet.[/
The Villages is NO place for a front yard garden
Old 08-13-2019, 07:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yep.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that attorney's working for Da Family, would give their 'opinion' (AKA-"AGENDA")...that it doesn't apply to their client.

Now only if that darned legal system, judges/juries and attorney's with differing opinions...didn't always get in the way.

I'll say it again, it's ALL speculation until the first case (or additional state laws)...are made.
Those attorneys work for the districts, not the family. Not the same, even though many think that it is.
Closed Thread

Tags
law, community, gardens, vegetable, concluded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.