Triggerfish Run anyone?

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Sage
Default Triggerfish Run anyone?

We're considering a lot on Triggerfish run (on one of the cul-de-sac bumpouts) whose right side lanai will look to Triggerfish and the left side will look to a sneak peak of Refish Run golf course.

Trying to determine how much traffic Triggerfish will have. Will it be like Bailey? Or more like Sunset Pointe?

Any help will be appreciated.

We'll be there in less than 2 weeks to pick a lot.

Russ & Linda
Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Default Minimal traffic

You should never have more than neighborhood traffic on Triggerfish -- very light; Pennecamp will be like Sunset Pointe (the main road of the village) and St. Charles will be like Bailey (main road off Buena Vista leading to several villages) ... these are the roads that merit golf cart lanes. If a street doesn't have golf cart lanes it's not ever expected to carry much traffic. We ride around this neighborhood (by bike) often -- it's shaping up to be a lovely village. You'll love it.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Default Good luck and welcome!

If you go with the place you're thinking of buying, you will just be down the street from us! We have a lot on Claverton - we will be down in July to pick interior finishes and plan to begin building in September. We bought sight unseen BUT our agent knew exactly what we wanted - we were very specific.

One of the reasons we liked this neighborhood was the fact that it is kind of out of the way. We live on a cul de sac up here and love it - I'm sure you'll love the bump out!

Will you be a snowbird or frog? We can't be down much till the end of 2011 but then it is year round for us.

Good luck and good hunting!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hey there Russ!

We have prowled those streets in Pennecamp and neighboring Buttonwood a lot lately. We are thinking to get a little bigger house for the three of us when we make The Villages our only home and we have played the new golf courses there, Redfish Run and Tarpon Boil, several times. I find it amusing that a person can live on or near the corner of Trout and Salmon!

Bailey Trail is the beltway south of 466 and makes the loop around that area, it is Odell Circle on the East and becomes Bailey Trail on the west side So it is HIGHLY traveled, not like the streets inside of Villages.

All new villages seem "out of the way" but soon become a piece of the puzzle.

The interior of any village doesn't have a lot of traffic. There is a little more on the connectors, like Pennecamp. At the present there is a LOT of construction traffic in Pennecamp and Buttonwood and that will be replaced with the vehicles that are bringing the possessions of the new owners and then will come the trucks carrying the palm trees and other plants when owners add more landscaping. There will be trucks with furniture and trucks with painters and ones that install solar tubes and pull down stairs in the garages and then it becomes another settled village.

Just to remind you that every place is a good place in TV.

I will be so glad to finally meet you, but once again we are off campus when you are coming down. Leave room on your dance card for the G's!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Russ, I agree with the others. The wife and I have and do also "prowl" the new areas, and I do not think Tiggerfish will be that busy. If I had to guess, I would say no busier then Canal.
We will be down the night of 12-16 May and then night of 20-31 May, look forward to meeting you then.

Army Guy
Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Sage

Hey there Army Guy.

Canal is pretty busy being that it is one of the three North South roads south of 466. Canal only goes from Lake Sumter Landing to 466A while Morse and Buena Vista go from the top to the bottom of the built out areas in The Villages (441/27 to 466a) and will continue through the new developing areas to the road that passes through Brownwood Paddock at the planned southern borders of TV....at least the bottom as we know it now....

Somebody remind me.....is Canal continuing south of 466A???
Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Hey Gracie, good to see you! Hope you and family are doing well!

See, I don't think Canal is that busy because it doesn't go all the way like Morse, etc. plus with all the gates, alot don't like it. The times we have been down even with Snow Birds I never think it is all that bad. Triggerfish can/ and will be used as a shortcut but basically just the residents that know it, just like us that live off Canal.

Army Guy
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

But Russ, it's not on google maps or mapquest yet. How are you going to find it? Just imagine being at the square, to many margaritas, and putting your address in your GPS. You will end up in South Sneaker Kansas or some other neat place.

Seriously, good luck with your house hunting and building process. and one of these days we will be there at the same time again and get out on the course again. We are driving down tomorrow and will be there for a week.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage

I did see it as a minor cut through for those going to the new Redhawk (?) sports pool or those who think it is shorter than going all the way down St. Charles to Buttonwood.

Starting to look like the lots we were looking at are gone anyway. Oh well, there's always more! At least until 2015!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I did see it as a minor cut through for those going to the new Redhawk (?) sports pool or those who think it is shorter than going all the way down St. Charles to Buttonwood.

Starting to look like the lots we were looking at are gone anyway. Oh well, there's always more! At least until 2015!
Wow, those lots went fast! Anyone know how many sales per month they are averaging these days?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:13 PM

My salesman told me they sold 402 in April !!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Smile Where is Triggerfish?

We are coming down next weekend and our agent is pointing us toward Buttonwood because there is a new section opening there. I really have not seen a lot of the western villages so I don't know if that is good or bad. I guess nothing is really bad.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Nice to see you are looking Russ hope u find something. Can't help u with Tiggerfish as I haven't run across it and it's not on my map. BTW GG, you probably played Bonita Pass, Tarpon Boil isn't open yet....gn
Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
We're considering a lot on Triggerfish run (on one of the cul-de-sac bumpouts) whose right side lanai will look to Triggerfish and the left side will look to a sneak peak of Refish Run golf course.

Trying to determine how much traffic Triggerfish will have. Will it be like Bailey? Or more like Sunset Pointe?

Any help will be appreciated.

We'll be there in less than 2 weeks to pick a lot.

Russ & Linda
Hi Russ. I came across this old post of yours about Triggerfish traffic. As you know, our Iris backs up to Triggerfish. Yes, traffic is busy, but most of it construction. Caryl counted 44 trucks from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. I believe (hope) this traffic will end within a month or two. On Sundays most of the traffic are golf carts and walkers. See you soon.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Sage
Default PTuner says it is ok for me to keep on blathering. I love Pturner.

I can't remember if Russ and Linda Boston chose Triggerfish for their home but I just have to say that I love to watch the journeys that people make on this forum.

First they will come on and maybe ask a few questions, then ask a few more than questions about what they thought they heard and then seem a little skeptical and will ask about other like developments. More questions about the bond, more questions about the free golf, more questions about if we are a lot of old people...

Then they come to visit and drink what ever beverage that you want to call it, see a lot of pretty flowers and pristine streets and pools and golf courses, and tennis courts and pickleball courts and recreation centers and medical facilities and people dancing and smiling at town squares and....the clincher, all those folks waving at them from every imaginable kind of golf carts.... and they just bite the dust.

Soon they are one of us.

Isn't that nice?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.