Of the new neighborhoods...

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Veteran member
Default Of the new neighborhoods...

For those of you who have toured around or investigated in the new neighborhoods which do you like the best? And why? I'm thinking about Dunedin, Labelle, Pine Ridge, Osceola Hills…I think that's about all.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Don't know that any one is better than the other, the people make the neighborhoods, but, having said that, if you are looking for access to town squares or shopping, or medical you need to understand the distances from all that stuff. As announced, no plans for anymore town squares so location, location, location comes into play.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-27-2015, 08:58 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

LaBelle is only 10 minutes via golf cart from Colony Plaza and even closer to 4 executive golf courses. Better yet---less than 5 minutes (you can walk) to Belle Glade C.C. and 27 holes of Championship golf. Brownwood is about 20 minutes via golf cart and less than 15 by car.

A vast range of homes to choose from in LaBelle. My choice of new Villages.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I like them all but Pine Ridge stood out. Very close to Colony. We have three courses in Buttonwood and I never golf there always somewhere else. I have heard Volusia is nice.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 08-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Another thing to keep in mind is, Sumter County property taxes are less than Lake County property taxes. Just something to consider.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

Dunedin is the most centrally located. Very close to 3 championship courses and close to 7 execs (with 3 more coming on line). Closest of the new villages to Brownwood. In the middle of 3 Village Rec Centers (Manatee, Bradenton and Captiva).

Pine Ridge is far by cart to everything shopping but Colony. Close to 4 execs (3 are opening soon) and one champion.

Labelle is the next closest to shopping and amenities.

Osceola is the farthest away from town centers and golf.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:19 PM

Depends on what is more important to you. Dunedin is the closest to Brownwood. Labelle and Pine Ridge are closest to shopping though Osceola will have a shopping center on 44 soon.

We chose Labelle North because of Belle Glade (we are right across the street) and the surrounding courses. With all of the rec centers opening that won't be very far (Okeechobee, Burnsed) and quick access to Colony and Manitee, we're pretty happy with our choice. Our other choice would have been to wait until they build the southern end of Pine Hills (closest to Labelle) but then factored in the lower taxes of Sumter County.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Don't know that any one is better than the other, the people make the neighborhoods, but, having said that, if you are looking for access to town squares or shopping, or medical you need to understand the distances from all that stuff. As announced, no plans for anymore town squares so location, location, location comes into play.
I agree. Don't discount a pre-owned home in a neighborhood like Hadley, Hemmingway, Amelia. We are so close to Colony (5 minute), 10 to Sumter Landing, 15 minutes to numerous Championship and Executive golf courses. You get so many extra upgrades in a pre-owned home as well. Laminate floors, pull out drawers, recessed lighting, upgraded fixtures, designer driveways, enclosed lanais, bird cages, etc. If you get a new home all of that is extra coming right out of your pocket.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Interesting feedback and I appreciate your comments!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I agree. Don't discount a pre-owned home in a neighborhood like Hadley, Hemmingway, Amelia. We are so close to Colony (5 minute), 10 to Sumter Landing, 15 minutes to numerous Championship and Executive golf courses. You get so many extra upgrades in a pre-owned home as well. Laminate floors, pull out drawers, recessed lighting, upgraded fixtures, designer driveways, enclosed lanais, bird cages, etc. If you get a new home all of that is extra coming right out of your pocket.
I have and will consider pre-owned. Tough to choose between established neighborhood vs. new where you will obviously have a brand new house but also the ability to pick and choose what you want including colors and materials from the beginning.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:12 AM

We chose LaBelle not only because it will be an easy cart ride to both Colony and the new shopping center next to the Rohan RRC. Walking distance to Bel Glade, short ride to several rec centers and last but Not least the bond was extremely reasonable...
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette View Post
We chose LaBelle not only because it will be an easy cart ride to both Colony and the new shopping center next to the Rohan RRC. Walking distance to Bel Glade, short ride to several rec centers and last but Not least the bond was extremely reasonable...
The realtor had told us the bond was $25,000, is that not true? Also, where will the Rohan RRC shopping center be built and what types of stores will be in it? Is it going to be like colony or larger with anchor stores?
Old 08-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

For those of you looking in the newer areas, and have not experienced Colony Shopping Center in January, February and March .... BEWARE!!!!!!! It's not a pretty sight. You will have to either go very early in the morning or in the evening. Parking is horrible and Publix is just plain annoying. And never go on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of January, Feb. or March. That is when all the new renters come in and need to stock up. Just saying .....
Old 08-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I purchased a new Holly last December in the Village of Lake Deaton. Before this purchase, I looked at many Bridgeport/Boxwood/Holly model homes. Two of these pre-owned Bridgeport houses near Lake Sumter are still on the market at more than 10% off the asking price from the summer of 2014.

They are a better deal cost wise than last year yet the new builds are so competitive in price to the pre-owned in my opinion. There are only two new houses left in Lake Deaton for sale. Both show a large discount.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 08-31-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I think LaBelle looks best...location, shopping, amenities. Is there a LaBelle Village website?
Old 08-31-2015, 12:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Of the new neighborhoods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
I think LaBelle looks best...location, shopping, amenities. Is there a LaBelle Village website?

Best to check a flood map if you're interested in any village south of 466A & east of Morse.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighborhoods, dunedin, labelle, thinking, pine, hills…i, osceola, ridge, toured, investigated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.