New Publix

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2014, 11:33 AM

I love the new store, they had all that I was looking for, and everyone was very friendly.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
Okay, I'll bite. What is so great about Wegman's? Never heard of them before now.
I could go on and on about how great Wegman's is with selection, selection and more selections. You can enjoy lunch or dinner there and the bakery and meat dept. are to die for. But I won't cause this thread is about Publix and the moderator may give me a beating
Skip 2
Old 10-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Sage

Went to Publix today. Not many there which was good for me. The store is a bit small...the isles are kinda narrow...not much room to park your cart and chat which villagers are so good at. The staff was very friendly and they selection was adequate. I sure wish it was as big as Colony. I will go back and shop here for the winter season as it should be much easier to navigate. One of the employees told me another one was going to be built 4 miles or so up the road on 44. The first I've heard of that. I think this Publix is a nice addition to the area.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
As a native Floridian (53 years out of 62) there is a huge difference between Winn Dixie and Publix. Customer Service and cleanliness are two of the biggest. Selection tends to be better at Publix (depending on store size). The Publix store brands are on a par with "name" brands and with W.D. that is not the case. Some folks say Publix is too expensive but if you shop wisely (take advantage of coupons and BOGO's) this is not true. Publix will honor rival's coupons and if something does not ring up correctly you get it for free. Here in Jax. (we close in TV next week), I have a WD across the street from my subdivision and a Publix a mile away. The only time I shop WD is to get fuel perks to match the 50 dollar Shell card I paid 40 bucks for at Publix (they run coupon deals for gas cards every other month).
I agree 100%. The selection, customers service and cleanliness are all far better at Publix. I too go to Winn Dixie occasionally when it is convenient and to get the fuel perks, but I try to avoid it if at all possible.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Went to Publix today. <snip> One of the employees told me another one was going to be built 4 miles or so up the road on 44. The first I've heard of that. I think this Publix is a nice addition to the area.
If "4 miles or so up the road on 44" means "about 4 miles east," that is the area where Morse and 44 will intersect. Could there be another shopping area planned near the Morse & 44 intersection?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
If "4 miles or so up the road on 44" means "about 4 miles east," that is the area where Morse and 44 will intersect. Could there be another shopping area planned near the Morse & 44 intersection?
That would be great since it would be close to where we are buying next week.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:38 PM

We visited the new store today and everything was satisfactory EXCEPT for the woman walking around with her dog in her arms. Seriously, you need a dog to help with the grocery shopping?? I do hope management checked her out.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:45 PM

That dog should have had a " service vest " on right? I don't think dogs are allowed in grocery stores unless their service dogs.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:17 PM

I observed it twice just to be sure. NO vest (which could be phony anyway). She didn't even have a cart, so couldn't have been buying much. Do hope they tossed her and the dog out. I did not say anything to her personally because who knows what somebody that goofy is packing.

Would be good for the new management to become acquainted with oddities to be encountered here in The Villages and do the right thing for the organization. I will discuss it directly with the manager Thursday and contact HQ if the response is not correct.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=ditka41;950156]I observed it twice just to be sure. NO vest (which could be phony anyway). She didn't even have a cart, so couldn't have been buying much. Do hope they tossed her and the dog out. I did not say anything to her personally because who knows what somebody that goofy is packing.

Would be good for the new management to become acquainted with oddities to be encountered here in The Villages and do the right thing for the organization. I will discuss it directly with the manager Thursday and contact HQ if the response is not correct.[/QUOTE
Old 10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I observed it twice just to be sure. NO vest (which could be phony anyway). She didn't even have a cart, so couldn't have been buying much. Do hope they tossed her and the dog out. I did not say anything to her personally because who knows what somebody that goofy is packing.

Would be good for the new management to become acquainted with oddities to be encountered here in The Villages and do the right thing for the organization. I will discuss it directly with the manager Thursday and contact HQ if the response is not correct.

Publix needs to put up a big sign at the front door stating that no pets are allowed except for seeing eye dogs. That should end the discussion on pets in their stores.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
We visited the new store today and everything was satisfactory EXCEPT for the woman walking around with her dog in her arms. Seriously, you need a dog to help with the grocery shopping?? I do hope management checked her out.
Unfortunately it is not uncommon around here to see dogs in the grocery stores. At least this one was in someones arms rather than in the cart where people put food!!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Sage

Publix rules. Been a customer over 25 years. No comparison exists.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Went today for the 1st time. Nice store, a bit smaller but had everything I was looking for.
I saw one of the managers that used to be a Colony and struck up a conversation. He told me there was another new Publix being built around Morse and 44. Said it will be open in 6 months. He also told me he heard a Lowes was coming into the area.
On the downside, does it bother anyone else that you need to exit onto Powell going south and make a U-turn at the light at 44 if you want to get back up Powell and into TV's by car? I would think the planning would have been a little better in regards to traffic flow. I can foresee a problem when that center gets busy, especially during the winter months.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Went today for the 1st time. Nice store, a bit smaller but had everything I was looking for.
I saw one of the managers that used to be a Colony and struck up a conversation. He told me there was another new Publix being built around Morse and 44. Said it will be open in 6 months. He also told me he heard a Lowes was coming into the area.
On the downside, does it bother anyone else that you need to exit onto Powell going south and make a U-turn at the light at 44 if you want to get back up Powell and into TV's by car? I would think the planning would have been a little better in regards to traffic flow. I can foresee a problem when that center gets busy, especially during the winter months.
A previous thread explained how to take a different entrance onto Powell that allows drivers to turn left and go north on Powell.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.