Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Morgan & Morgan.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
If it is a brand-new home shouldn't the refrigerator be replaced?

That would be nice, but plan B, be happy in today's world they'll replace the door.
You have a brand new refrigerator, the door will just be a little newer brand new.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:00 PM

Take the new door and smile. Life is good. Besides, do you really want to move all your foods and put them back?
Old 12-02-2021, 03:14 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV

If I thought that the door would be the only issue on/in a new home, I be happy about it. Pray that any other discrepancies be so easy to resolve.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
What does your realtor say they should do? You did the right thing & addressed the builder but the builder will offer you the cheapest way to fix anything. Personally you bought a new refrigerator not a used one or a repaired one. Do what you want but you did buy a new refrigerator, not a repaired one!
Realtor? In The Villages you buy a new home from THE VILLAGES which means the sales team is not looking out for you but they are on TEAM VILLAGES. I ain’t complaining just pointing out facts. You have no representation with a TV agent
Old 12-02-2021, 06:15 PM

I counted all the cabinet drawers and doors we have on our “new” cabinets and we have a total of 44. Out of those 44, 24 of them were either cracked, or scratched. Some they were able to touch up others were way beyond a touch up and they had to order new ones. Two months now and still waiting. My favorite thing about these poor quality cabinets is when I complained to the builder he said “they are a bad color “ what the hell kind of excuse is that? A bad color, I reminded him we did not pick the color they did. In case you were wondering the color is black. I’d like to know who does the final inspection before the buyers move in here, Stevie Wonder maybe?
Old 12-02-2021, 08:09 PM

Also check if the doors are closing correctly. Mine had door pop back open. They didn't level the fridge.
Also I was missing all of the filters in the microwave. It took about 3 calls to get them to send me filters.
They wouldn't come out to put them in.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
New door option sucks. It would give you a like new condition but may not close tight like a new one because it wasnt replaced to factory specs thus possibly affecting the functionality. Replacement should be the one and only option period
Come on - doors to refrigerators are replaced all the time with no problem. I don’t buy your argument.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:45 AM
Default New Door

Quote:
Just closed on a new house in The Villages. Seems as though the brand new refrigerator has a dent in one of the doors. Builder informed me that the door will be replaced. If it is a brand new home shouldnt the refrigerator be replaced? What do you all think?
If it gets a new door isn't it still a new refrigerator? When the frig was built they put new doors on a new unit so it is new. You don't pick what door you get at the factory. New is new. Changing a door does not change how it runs? If a shelf in the frig was cracked or bent should the whole refrigerator be replaced?
Old 12-03-2021, 08:02 AM

If you get a new refrigerator who is to know how many doors have been on it before you get it. The doors could have been damaged and replaced before it got to you. As long as it works and you get a new door, why worry about it.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Just closed on a new house in The Villages. Seems as though the brand new refrigerator has a dent in one of the doors. Builder informed me that the door will be replaced. If it is a brand new home shouldnt the refrigerator be replaced? What do you all think?
It doesn’t make sense to replace the whole refrigerator if the problem is just a ding in a door. The builder is doing the right thing in this case.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:13 AM

Not knowing what caused the dent, I would want a new refrigerator.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
There is no reason to replace the entire refrigerator. The doors are fully interchangeable.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:57 PM

New Door works

Quote:
Old 12-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts
Default Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriam1 View Post
Not knowing what caused the dent, I would want a new refrigerator.
You don't know what a caused the dent. And, apparently, not a small dent. Who knows what hidden issues may arise from the hit the refrigerator took that caused the dent.
If a car dealer was delivering your new car to you and you noticed the fender caved in and they said " Oh, we will replace the fender. No sweat." You have no clue how bad or to what extent the actual damage may be. Suspension steering, alignment, bent frame, etc. When You pay for new in new, undamaged condition, that is what you should expect.
"Good as new" is not "New".
Closed Thread

Tags
refrigerator, home, replaced, brand, door

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.