Views:	748
Size:	6.49 MB
ID:	98140  
Old 04-28-2023, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,086 Times in 2,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I agree. When I think of lawn ornaments that would trigger a complaint, I think of something like the ornaments pictured in my attachment from post #268, bent over lady tending flowers with her bloomers showing.
Very common sight in the Villages. Unfortunately, most are the real thing, not an ornamental picture. It doesn’t violate any deed restrictions but can be a real eyesore.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Very common sight in the Villages. Unfortunately, most are the real thing, not an ornamental picture. It doesn’t violate any deed restrictions but can be a real eyesore.
That, my friend, comes with the demographic.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I understand that that is your preference and it is reasonable IMO but naming the complainer tends to intimidate the legitimate complainers also. I don’t see why we should blame the person reporting the infraction as opposed to the person responsible for the infraction.
i'm going to chime in here a bit-i think it's the intent of the 'troll' & their activities. for example: one time i had to report someone in our village. it was a matter of concern over weeds claiming what was once the front lawn. the neighbor had a mowing company coming in 2x a week, but did nothing about the weeds! my neighbor is a snowbird who rents out off season, so i didn't have proper contact info. i asked the community watch guy how to proceed, & if he knew how i could get in touch with the owner. he said i MUST file a complaint to report it, & go thru the 'system.' not wanting to report the neighbor, i offered to pull the weeds myself & was told i would be fined for trespassing. OK, so i report & it was fixed. when my neighbor came down this year, i told her it was me that sent the report, & am sorry if i was seen as b!+... i explained the situation, & knew she would be upset if she was paying a landscaper to basically do nothing about the weeds. she was grateful i did, & is now using the same company as we are. so again, i consider the intent behind the reports. if multiple complaints are coming in from the SAME PERSON, it looks highly suspicious.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i'm going to chime in here a bit-i think it's the intent of the 'troll' & their activities. for example: one time i had to report someone in our village. it was a matter of concern over weeds claiming what was once the front lawn. the neighbor had a mowing company coming in 2x a week, but did nothing about the weeds! my neighbor is a snowbird who rents out off season, so i didn't have proper contact info. i asked the community watch guy how to proceed, & if he knew how i could get in touch with the owner. he said i MUST file a complaint to report it, & go thru the 'system.' not wanting to report the neighbor, i offered to pull the weeds myself & was told i would be fined for trespassing. OK, so i report & it was fixed. when my neighbor came down this year, i told her it was me that sent the report, & am sorry if i was seen as b!+... i explained the situation, & knew she would be upset if she was paying a landscaper to basically do nothing about the weeds. she was grateful i did, & is now using the same company as we are. so again, i consider the intent behind the reports. if multiple complaints are coming in from the SAME PERSON, it looks highly suspicious.
You are considerate and tried your best for your neighbor. I hope they understood.

I leave TV for several months to go up north. My house watch is Empty Nest, The Villages Property Management. They, have instructions, and do, call the lawn company if anything is amiss. My lawn company is inclusive; mow, trim, weed and I explained it to them. They Empty Nest and my lawn company know how to get in touch with each other and me at all times. There are no misunderstandings and no hard feelings. Lawn is regularly up to scratch.
Closed Thread

Tags
flowers, violation, individual, submitted, anonymous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.