New Troll Reporting Deed Violations in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2023, 05:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

When I posted clipboard ladies running amuck again, taking pics and filing 75 complaints, “Poster’s said they didn’t exist.”

Sorry OP you got to see first hand, yes they do exist, and probably don’t live anywhere near you.

Bonus about 50% of their complaints are not a crime, as was our “white cross complaint” that was just a Hawaiian vine gone into hibernation.

Last edited by asianthree; 04-21-2023 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:22 AM

I think the comments here are very rude to a good neighbor. Think before you write she was just sharing information. Remember love one another we are only here for a short time
Old 04-21-2023, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
You are not new to TV. No ifs ands or buts work at the meetings. 2005 is no defense !!! I don't like it either but you need a two front battle. The first one you already lost. The second one is up to you to rally the troops to amend the covenants.
I have mixed feelings but agree. We moved to an over 55 community with certain restrictions. I don’t consider them trolls but just folks wanting everyone to honor those restrictions. Otherwise? What other community restrictions would be ignored. Apparently residents need to report community standards violations themselves since The Villages doesn’t seem to have their own monitors. As far as being “cowards”, why completely alienate a neighbor who you would otherwise be friendly toward?? Especially if that neighbor can’t take any criticism or comment about breaking a community standard. Just saying…..
Old 04-21-2023, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
You had a landscape violation - you were wrong. If you feel violated, you can always move. The fewer Karens and Kens we have here, the better
Wow, exactly why I left, Karen..
Old 04-21-2023, 05:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
A little harsh???????

Let's hope nobody opens an AirBnB next door to you.
Now THAT needs to be changed. We do not need to turn TV into a daily rate flop house. A bit of an exaggeration, I admit, but someone renting for a month is one thing but for a weekend?? Come on!
Old 04-21-2023, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Representative from Community Standards advised us today we had a landscape violation. Flowers planted within the 13’ street right-a-way. Regardless that flowers have been there since 2005
Ours was one of 25, so far, submitted by the same individual. All anonymous via email, (the real cowards way). From Lady Lake to Fenny.

The flowers were removed before the Rep. had finished talking to a neighbor across the street….who also had a violation.
Pretty strange the anonymous part. I had to call to report a neighbor whose house is a full time rental for something and Community Standards tried to talk me out of making a complaint by saying "you know, you have to give your name." I told them go ahead, put down my name. Same thing happened when I called about another rental in my parent's villa area. HAD to give my name and they tried again to disuade me.

Selective enforcement in T V is rampid.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
There is a report on the "other" site this morning of a CYV being reported for wrong shingles on roof.
They were there when buyer purchased home.
Multiple/many/several/ quite a few, other roofs of same material/color are also out of compliance in same location, but have not been reported.
Going to be a costly lesson.
May have even been a "Free" roof.
There should be a way to get a Deed Compliance inspection prior to purchase to certify that there are no external violations or a grandfathering of any violations that were present.

I have no idea if my shingles are the right color or if my paint is the right hue or if that shrub in my front yard was approved. All were there when I purchased the house. As much time as I've spent learning how this place works, I don't know where I would go today to learn if my home is completely in compliance. If the answer is Community Standards/Deed Compliance, if that is the office that can determine if my home has a violation, then there should be a way to get a certificated from them stating as much.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-21-2023, 06:00 AM

WHY ARE FLOWERS A VIOLATION? IF THERE IS A good REASON ok, IF NOT CHANGE IT!
Old 04-21-2023, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Pretty strange the anonymous part. I had to call to report a neighbor whose house is a full time rental for something and Community Standards tried to talk me out of making a complaint by saying "you know, you have to give your name." I told them go ahead, put down my name. Same thing happened when I called about another rental in my parent's villa area. HAD to give my name and they tried again to disuade me.

Selective enforcement in T V is rampid.
Are you sure they were trying to discourage you from making a complaint? Perhaps they were trying to make you aware that your district does not allow anonymous complaints.

I have to believe that most people "know" the complaints can be anonymous and would be upset if they found that their name was attached to the complaint that they filed. In most districts they can be anonymous but there is at least one (might be two and possibly three) where anonymous complaints are not allowed. Rather than accusing Community Standards of trying to dissuade you from making a complaint, I would give them credit for alerting you that your complaint will not be anonymous like you might have thought it would be.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-21-2023, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
I have mixed feelings but agree. We moved to an over 55 community with certain restrictions. I don’t consider them trolls but just folks wanting everyone to honor those restrictions. Otherwise? What other community restrictions would be ignored. Apparently residents need to report community standards violations themselves since The Villages doesn’t seem to have their own monitors. As far as being “cowards”, why completely alienate a neighbor who you would otherwise be friendly toward?? Especially if that neighbor can’t take any criticism or comment about breaking a community standard. Just saying…..
But they are not your neighbors, just lonely, vindictive, people who probably live miles away from where they are filing complaints. When I was visited with the white cross incident (not going to happen anywhere in my lawn) the very nice gentleman gave me the complaint, walked to the side of my house, and laughed at what was construed as a white cross.

He stated half of the crap filed by these people aren’t even an issue, just a waste of time and resources, by someone who files 50 plus complaints at a time. Hoping someday that rules would change, and one must reside in the village they are filing a complaint, or charge $5 per filed complaint, and refunded if the complaints stand. He said that would take the starch out of the clipboard ladies.

So he wasted gas, his and my time, for something that if you looked very sideways could never be considered as a cross, for regular people, but in these filers, they just need to find something
Old 04-21-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Ok, here is your tip. Emails are public records. If the “complaints” came in via email you can file a request to see them.
Yes, they are able and willing to print any emails received.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Now THAT needs to be changed. We do not need to turn TV into a daily rate flop house. A bit of an exaggeration, I admit, but someone renting for a month is one thing but for a weekend?? Come on!
Absolutely!!!!

What does community standards/deed compliance think people would rather have next door? Flowers or a revolving door motel occupied by 6 unrelated 20 somethings for a "Weekend at Bernie's"? Where do they think most Villagers would want them to expend their resources????
Old 04-21-2023, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
This is great. We need way more reporting and a lot fewer violations.

If someone didn't like the rules, they shouldn't have bought here.

If they bought with violations in place, they're at fault for being inattentive or just dumb.
"Flowers planted within the 13’ street right-a-way."

Seriously, this triggers you? Get help.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
do home inspectors certify compliance with covenants??
No. I am a licensed, certified and Insured home inspector in the state of Florida.

There is no jurisdiction in the USA that requires home inspectors to certify deed or hoa compliance.

This is not to say someone hasn't offered that service. I'm quite sure someone has.

I'll do it. Your home inspection, with a certification of deed compliance filed with a local attorney and 1 year performance bond will be $15,000, payable before close.

Any takers?
Old 04-21-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
This is great. We need way more reporting and a lot fewer violations.

If someone didn't like the rules, they shouldn't have bought here.

If they bought with violations in place, they're at fault for being inattentive or just dumb.
Please, where talking about flowers here, not crosses, statues or bird fountains. Give it a break.
Closed Thread

Tags
flowers, violation, individual, submitted, anonymous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.