NEW Village Names Removed

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA
Default NEW Village Names Removed

Approximately two weeks ago, while looking on "thevillages.com" I noticed that they had listed the names of a few new Villages. These names remained there for a week or two - then suddenly disappeared. The names as I reacll them were"

Charlotte
Sanibel
St James
and one other that started with an "F" & sounded Italian, but that's all I can remember.

Buttonwood was also listed, but is now gone as well. This happened after one of our members mentioned that they thought it was odd that a new Village would have re-sale homes listed already. There was one home listed in the new Village of Buttonwood & it sold very quickly, after it was listed. Perhaps that remark was taken as a negative???

The names of the new Villages as I recall, are:

Charlotte
Sanible
St James (selling lots there now)
Buttonwood (which we are all aware of)
Timarand Grove (selling lots here as well)
and one other that started with an "F" & sounded Italian, but I don't remember the name.

Did anyone else notice these new Villages? Or can tell us more?
I wonder why they just disappeared - you know - kaput - GONE

Betty
Old 10-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Platinum member

Hi Opul. No offense, but your message was confusing to me. Not sure what you mean by going away/disappearing. I live in Buttonwood and my house in Buttonwood is still there and it is still called Buttonwood. Perhaps you were looking at Neighborhood closeouts. But I don't think Buttonwood would sell out that quickly. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you. Do you intend on becoming a Villager?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Default uh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Hi Opul. No offense, but your message was confusing to me. Not sure what you mean by going away/disappearing. I live in Buttonwood and my house in Buttonwood is still there and it is still called Buttonwood. Perhaps you were looking at Neighborhood closeouts. But I don't think Buttonwood would sell out that quickly. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you. Do you intend on becoming a Villager?
I think she already was once.
Tere were listed on the TV pre-owned homes site list of names that aren't there now. I look every day at the houses and I noticed the same thing.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post

Sorry if my message was confusing. If you go to the menue and look at the "pre-owned" homes, it will list ALL of the Villages. You have the option of looking at everything that is available for re-sale or you can select each individual village to see what is available for re-sale, in that particular Village. Now, I am not talking about the "new home Gallery" or new homes in general, but the pre-owned. This shows you EACH individual Village.

Buttonwod was listed, as were the others new Villages, I have mentioned - no new homes have been built in any of them to date (except Buttonwood) that I am aware of. The new villages were named & listed and then they were gone.

Naturally, it is a "list" and not the Village itself.

Sorry if I confused you.

Betty
Old 10-12-2010, 10:32 PM

I think you will find the Village DE LA Vista north of 466 is not and has never been listed.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
I think you will find the Village DE LA Vista north of 466 is not and has never been listed.
Morning Shadow - No, I was not aware of this. Could it be that they market re-sale homes in DE LA Vista Village differently? OR has no one ever moved out <g> Is this the Village that has it's own private pool? It is rather curious. Can you offer an opinion as to why?

Betty
Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
Sorry if my message was confusing. If you go to the menue and look at the "pre-owned" homes, it will list ALL of the Villages. You have the option of looking at everything that is available for re-sale or you can select each individual village to see what is available for re-sale, in that particular Village. Now, I am not talking about the "new home Gallery" or new homes in general, but the pre-owned. This shows you EACH individual Village.

Buttonwod was listed, as were the others new Villages, I have mentioned - no new homes have been built in any of them to date (except Buttonwood) that I am aware of. The new villages were named & listed and then they were gone.

Naturally, it is a "list" and not the Village itself.

Sorry if I confused you.

Betty
Here is the contact email for the pre-owned listing, they probably know the answer to your question since they control the web pages....
info@thevillages.com
Old 10-13-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Here is the contact email for the pre-owned listing, they probably know the answer to your question since they control the web pages....
info@thevillages.com
Thank you BogieShooter - I will send them an e-mail & inquire.

Betty
Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Default maybe

Maybe they only list the villages that have pre-owned homes for sale
Old 10-13-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannd228 View Post
Maybe they only list the villages that have pre-owned homes for sale
If that's the case, why did the NEW Village names show up in the first place?
They were listed for approximately two weeks, not just a few days. It could just be human error - that's quite possible.

Betty
Old 10-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
Morning Shadow - No, I was not aware of this. Could it be that they market re-sale homes in DE LA Vista Village differently? OR has no one ever moved out <g> Is this the Village that has it's own private pool? It is rather curious. Can you offer an opinion as to why?

Betty
VLS# 208318, VLS# 208464, VLS# 208403, VLS# 208485, VLS# 207630, VLS# 208250, VLS# 207806 are all homes for sale in DE LA Vista Village.

DE LA Vista Village does not have a private pool.

“Can you offer an opinion as to why?”
Yes, an employee that was responsible for making the entry on the web site went to lunch with DE LA Vista Village being the next entry, when returning from lunch the employee carelessly skipped DE LA Vista Village and put in the next entry. This all happened 16 years ago.

DE LA Vista Village was built 16 years ago the lunch thing might not be true.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Default Village de La Vista is on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Actually it is near the top of the list, between Village de Allende and Village of Amelia ("Village de La Vista"). There must be some logic to the order but I can't figure it out. Creative alphabetizing.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Actually it is near the top of the list, between Village de Allende and Village of Amelia ("Village de La Vista"). There must be some logic to the order but I can't figure it out. Creative alphabetizing.
“The Shadow” is wrong but that is the first time, I could be wrong about that to.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Sage

in the computer world, small letters sort before capital letters

so d comes before A
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
in the computer world, small letters sort before capital letters

so d comes before A
I my computer world “Excell 2003” sort gives me AaBbCc.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.