New villages south of Rt. 44 able to vote on issues within the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
So, potentially 6,000 additional souls will have full access within the core and we within the core all 100,000 of us will have full access within Finney. Guess which way this transvillage amenity migration will flow. All below 466A will be affected since ALL shopping exists within the core and this migration will be by automobile only.
By auto up the already bust Buena Vista and Morse. You think the hospital is bad now?

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 10-19-2016, 05:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
By auto up the already bust Buena Vista and Morse. You think the hospital is bad now?

Actually the hospital in Leesburg is closer to Fenny.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:28 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

The next generation of Villagers will live south of 44 just like the generation of current Villagers live southwest and northwest of US 441/27. The Villages is made up of many villages but one community. We can't imagine what shopping could be built south of Rt 44 and off the exit of the Turnpike and Morse Blvd. Construction has already started on the next generation of The Villages---sit back Frogs, watch and enjoy until you croak.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
So, potentially 6,000 additional souls will have full access within the core and we within the core all 100,000 of us will have full access within Finney. Guess which way this transvillage amenity migration will flow. All below 466A will be affected since ALL shopping exists within the core and this migration will be by automobile only.
You have to remember that at some point, unless you are an original owner in Orange Blossom, folks were probably saying the same thing about you, or the previous owners of your home when it was built.

No matter how big it grows, this is all one community and everyone has access to everything. That's the model.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We don't vote. It is a CDD. It is a benevolent dictatorship and I love it. When the residents start running the asylum is when I put my house up for sale. It is ALL GOOD the way it is.
You should stay and become the new benevolent dictator
Old 10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
You have to remember that at some point, unless you are an original owner in Orange Blossom, folks were probably saying the same thing about you, or the previous owners of your home when it was built.

No matter how big it grows, this is all one community and everyone has access to everything. That's the model.

As long as a proportional number of amenities and shopping are built to absorb the newcomers.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We don't vote. It is a CDD. It is a benevolent dictatorship and I love it. When the residents start running the asylum is when I put my house up for sale. It is ALL GOOD the way it is.
I second the statement. We lived in a similar development for 12 years. While the developer maintained control the landscaping and other common property maintenance was immaculate. When the developer pulled out a management clique formed and priorities changed. Landscaping was pared back and road preservation actions got leaner. Recreational emphasis became what those on the board were involved in and others were scaled back. A lot of fuss, but because most residents were part time and didn't get involved it was very difficult to vote out incumbents. Even though I don't always agree with the developer's actions, my vote is for benevolent dictatorship.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default We are

How many are familiar with the "Company Towns" that were a big part of Western Pennsylvania coal towns? If you are then you know The Villages is the "Up Scale" Company Town. They were run by the Mine Owners and a lot of times when they were to get paid they received a small paycheck as they had to buy everything from the Company Stores, and their children went to Company Schools. As the Owner/Developer of The Villages this is just another Company Town and the big difference is over time the Owner/Developer has become much more educated as to how to set up a Company Town and where they can control the residents lives. We love The Villages and enjoy the life style but do not lose tract that we are in an upscale Company Town. In the old Company Towns the Mine Owners also controlled the politics and were able to control the politicians through "money". Does anyone doubt the Developer/Owner can and has applied financial leverages to get when he wants? There was a small town in Pennsylvania that was like a Company town. On the internet you can look up "Star Junction" in PA and if they still exist look at the old "Tract Houses" that were the homes of the Company Town Residents.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Veteran member

I'm still stuck on "inner core". Where is that exactly??
Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
How many are familiar with the "Company Towns" that were a big part of Western Pennsylvania coal towns? If you are then you know The Villages is the "Up Scale" Company Town. They were run by the Mine Owners and a lot of times when they were to get paid they received a small paycheck as they had to buy everything from the Company Stores, and their children went to Company Schools. As the Owner/Developer of The Villages this is just another Company Town and the big difference is over time the Owner/Developer has become much more educated as to how to set up a Company Town and where they can control the residents lives. We love The Villages and enjoy the life style but do not lose tract that we are in an upscale Company Town. In the old Company Towns the Mine Owners also controlled the politics and were able to control the politicians through "money". Does anyone doubt the Developer/Owner can and has applied financial leverages to get when he wants? There was a small town in Pennsylvania that was like a Company town. On the internet you can look up "Star Junction" in PA and if they still exist look at the old "Tract Houses" that were the homes of the Company Town Residents.
Another big difference...............the Developer does not control our wages and we don't have to buy at the company store. Company towns were difficult to leave, TV is easy and probably leave with a profit on your home. And we don't have snow. Other than that..........

Old 10-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
How many are familiar with the "Company Towns" that were a big part of Western Pennsylvania coal towns? If you are then you know The Villages is the "Up Scale" Company Town...
What a joke.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:49 PM
Sage

You do realize that you actually live in a "Company Country"?

Quote:
Old 10-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Right

The Developer does not control a large number of residents but does have an impact as to how much he pays his many Village employees, he impacts the Amenity Fees, his actions have a strong influence on some prices, (e.g. allegedly he get a cut from the restaurants revenue/profit which is above rentals?), Most residents don't know what goes to the Developer/Owner, how some charges are allocated, etc.I Admit that I only know of some of the fees the Developer/Owner collect. I don't deny them one cent as they deserve it. They took or take the risk and therefore they should have the reward. But having said that I also understand the Developer/Owner has an impact on a number of the expenses I have to pay and that to some degree makes this a Company Town. If a person wants to deny this and hide reality that is their option but I have no problem in recognizing reality.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

It might be a good time for this reminder from management.

Quote:
"Reminder do not direct comments toward other users." "Your post will be removed."

Old 10-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
You do realize that you actually live in a "Company Country"?
Good one.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, residents, pools, issues, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.