New Years Eve

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Default New Years Eve

As we pack up our truck for our move to TV we are contemplating the New Year and wondering, besides the usual entertainment on the square, what special things may be happening on New Years Eve for residents that we might enjoy. Is there a place we can check for all New Years Eve celebrations in TV? I assume the Country Clubs have something special?

#1 Hawkeye Fan

Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Default New Years Eve

Good question. We have been here for two months and also are wondering what happens on Dec. 31st. The Villages Daily Sun, I assume, will have some information soon
I am some what surprised, as I am sure you are, that no one has answered your question yet.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Eternal Member

I stay home. But I know Katie Belles/Cattle Barons has something going on. Many of the local groups have parties. Like stated above, look at the Daily Sun for info.

I do know you better get a move on because reservations at most of the venues are or will be sold out shortly.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Veteran member

The tickets went on sale for the New Year's Eve party at Lake Miona Rec Center a few weeks ago, and sold out very quickly. They were sold at the box offices, and there was a long line when they went on sale at eight o'clock in the morning. I'm sure the other venues that are having parties probably went on sale the same day, but I didn't really look because I knew which one I was going to buy already. I am still looking to buy two more tickets to this event since we found out yesterday that my brother-in-law and his wife are going to be here over the New Year. If I am unable to find two more tickets, I will be looking to sell the two that I have to recover what I paid for them. ($22 per person) Check back in the next few weeks, since I will post on this board to try to sell if you are interested.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:28 PM

I checked on katie belles for new years and it`s 137.00 per person. Includes dinner and champange.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Gold member

Both Mulberry Grove and Lake Miona rec centers have entertainment but both are already sold out. Katie Belle's has Rocky and the Rollers from 8 to 12:30. Not sure about the country clubs or restaurants.

2008 was the first year for our new street and we had a neighborhood party, same this year, rather than going out somewhere.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Veteran member

Other than the events that have already been mentioned in prior posts, at this late date, since most (or maybe all - except it sounded like Katie Belle's still has availability) of the 'ticket in advance' events are sold out, other than possibly parties that some of TV clubs may be having for their members (check the Rec Center news for contact persons about the individual clubs), I would suggest that you check into what is going on at Margarita Republic and Big City Grill, since both of them have late night entertainment; but you might need reservations there, too; I don't know about that. Also, I heard that there is entertainment until 12:30 AM, at least, on NYE at 'Packo's', the club inside Fiesta Bowl. Also, check with the Waterfront Inn.

The entertainment on the squares stops at 9 PM as usual, I believe.

Other possibilities are The Vue nightclub in Clermont; or clubs in Ocala.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Sage

Info Only:

Unless it changed recently, Packo's in the bowling alley is not my ideal place for a New Year's Eve Party. It is a small hot dog restaurant (and terrible hot dogs too) behind the alleys. Big City is about the same but with pizza and no bowling noise.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.