Someone stole my shopping bag!

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Sage
Default Someone stole my shopping bag!

The absolute gall!! While parked in a plaza and Im not sure where or when someone had the nerve to steal my golf cart shopping bag.

So now going to plan 2, a padlock on our new shopping bag. Has anyone had this happen to them? For some strange reason I am really surprised !

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Someone stole my shopping bag!

It really is sad. We'd like to think that TV is above petty larceny but it isn't. I always have a cap in the Miata. Someone stole one of my favorites right out of the passenger seat shortly after I moved here. That cap had gone through some of the worst areas in the Bay Area while Jess and I delivered food for Project Open Hand and was never stolen. I was truly disappointed that it was stolen in this mini-paradise.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Sage

yes Red, thats it you hit it on the head. Its such a big disappointment. Things just dont get stolen in paradise. Cant imagine who would steal such an insignificant item.

Sorry about your cap. I guess we have to look over our shoulder no matter where we are .It does make me sad.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Veteran member

In both cases the items were most likely taken "just because" they were there. There are just some people who can't live and let live. They know it causes hurt--and they do it anyway.

I could understand if the items were needed, but you know that isn't the case.

People like that are pathetic.

Sorry Nonie and Red you had to experience such mean-harted people.

Village of Hemmingway
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 AM
JohnnyM

Hey ladies, TV land is paradise but it is not heaven. You must be aware of your surroundings at all times and keep what is dear to you, near to you. You cannot trust all of the people all of the time. Sorry you had to experience the loss and aggravation. Johnny
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Yeah, we know Johnny. We just didn't expect it here or at least hoped it was different. I wasn't shocked, just disappointed. I do keep the important stuff locked up and I'll still toss my baseball cap on the seat next to me when I get out of the car -- not like I don't have a slew of them -- but my favorite ones stay on my head now.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Sage

Sorry for your loses, going to lock my car more. I never even think about it.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Gold member

Nonie,

Sorry this happened to you. We feel safe and secure here in TV and can easily forget that we are not part of a larger world that is not trustworthy.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 03-04-2008, 12:05 PM

Sorry to hear that Nonie! I've also heard of golf clubs being stolen off golf carts. I've gotten so I don't leave the golf cart unattended if my clubs are on it, and I always take out the key.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Founder

I played golf with a lady recently at Lopez who told me this story. She was at Lopez restaurant, in the bar and had her expensive leather jacket on the back of her chair. She was sitting with some friends, so she felt comfortable leaving it while she went to the rest room. When she got back, the jacket was gone. She said she looked around the room and found it, on the lap of a woman across the room. She said the mystery woman claimed that she thought it was hers, so she took it. Ya right! :dontknow: :cop:
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Sage

Great - Now i have to look for a LSV that has shoulder strap seat belts, sturdy enough to not roll over easy, is equipped for night driving, has disk brakes to stop on a dime AND has a locking golf bag compartment big enough to fit my leather jacket in.

I may have to design this Vehicle myself!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Sage

Well, I feel badly to have to put this out there but if it serves as a warning to others then hopefully it has served a purpose. It certainly has opened my eyes and I will be more careful in the future. :realmad:

Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Aww Noni, I feel so bad that happened to you..I do find that hard to believe, guess I have been a bit naive ..Better put my Brooklyn thinking cap back on...The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 PM
beartrack1

Hey Donna,

Now you just hold on there a minute. Brooklyn thinking cap???? I was born and raised in Brooklyn and not my parents or anyone in our family or any of our neighbors and friends, ever had anything stolen. You had to be crazy to steal anything in Brooklyn, cause if you got caught, you got a visit from "Vinnie BAM BOOM" Now in Florida, anything goes. In
Orlando, things were taken from my garage, same goes for Boca Raton. Here in Fort Myers my bike was stolen. So much for feeling safe in Florida. Certainly Brooklyn was a lot safer. Never fear though, I just heard that Vinnie is retiring and moving to TV. For a few bucks a week, you can have his protection.

FUHGEDDABOTIT :bigthumbsup:
Old 03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Taltarzac

Sorry that happened to you Nonie. I am kind of obsessive about locking my car and would try to lock our golf cart up if there were any chance of doing that. On this related topic, do they make golf cart like anti-theft devices like The Club?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.