Newbie - What I learned today

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2019, 05:32 AM

I found that the weather/heat is no different than in New Jersey..its hot you seek out air conditioning. Really is not bad and I love it here. so many activities for everyone and every type of weather!
Old 07-30-2019, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkk View Post
I found that the weather/heat is no different than in New Jersey..its hot you seek out air conditioning. Really is not bad and I love it here. so many activities for everyone and every type of weather!
Maybe for a day/week or so at a time they are the same, but simple/verifiable historical statistics show that the length of said weather conditions...are not even close to being comparable.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:01 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan
Default Things learned

I agree, being from Michigan I miss the COLD water from the tap. So I clean out an old milk container and put it the fridge. I get cold water and I don’t have to shovel snow.

We like El Ranchito on 27/441 across the street from Perkins. Food is good IMO but the (always) 2 for 1 margaritas are fabulous, I think, after the second one I have to give up the keys to the golf car.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbe View Post
I have found the "cold" water from your faucet is not actually cold like up north. It is lukewarm!
And the hot water for the shower in the bathroom takes "forever" to arrive in the winter.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Barring a Medical Episode the Heat can be managed better by consuming massive amounts of water, MASSIVE! I can still stay relatively active and not feel wiped out like I do this moment.

It's because of one thing and it's my fault. Not enough AGUA.

Rules Are Also In Place In This Beautiful Place We Have Been Given The Chance To Co-Exist Peacefully In. All I Have to Do Is Follow Them. Not Make Up My Own Rules! Thankfully I Accepted This Quickly.

1) Drink Water
2) Follow The Rules
3) Crank the A/C
Old 07-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default water

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbe View Post
I have found the "cold" water from your faucet is not actually cold like up north. It is lukewarm!
The only water I drink comes out of the front of the refrigerator .. You could run it forever from the tap and it would still be lukewarm !
Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Barring a Medical Episode the Heat can be managed better by consuming massive amounts of water, MASSIVE! I can still stay relatively active and not feel wiped out like I do this moment.

It's because of one thing and it's my fault. Not enough AGUA.

Rules Are Also In Place In This Beautiful Place We Have Been Given The Chance To Co-Exist Peacefully In. All I Have to Do Is Follow Them. Not Make Up My Own Rules! Thankfully I Accepted This Quickly.

1) Drink Water
2) Follow The Rules
3) Crank the A/C
4) Remember what Bobby McFarrin said:

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Official Video) - YouTube
Old 08-01-2019, 12:02 PM

a few trips a year villager here. I have learned that contractors show up the same day, and you can get more than one! Amazing. In WV your lucky to even get them to show up within 2 weeks if they show at all. Really haven't noticed any more bugs or snakes than what we have in WV, I have had a snake in my garage in WV for a few years before I got him out. harmless black snake but always pops out when least expected.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Maybe for a day/week or so at a time they are the same, but simple/verifiable historical statistics show that the length of said weather conditions...are not even close to being comparable.
I remember growing up on Long Island, the heat in the summer was just oppressive. There was a heat wave one year that I will NEVER forget. It prompted my father to purchase room air conditioners for our home. After that, the summers were GREAT, just like they are here. Air conditioning is the key!
Old 08-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
The only water I drink comes out of the front of the refrigerator .. You could run it forever from the tap and it would still be lukewarm !
TV cold tap water is actually cold in January and February when the overnight temps dip to the 30' and 40's.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:31 PM

I have not discovered a way to put all the rain we are getting now BACK into the irrigation water system, and get a check for the "un-usage" amount
Old 08-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Tom, yet... when you do I’ll follow you.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:10 PM

I learned there are dozens and dozens of swimming pools in TV, yet NONE of them are for actual swimming! The sport pools have water aerobics classes and/or volleyball all day and the neighborhood pools are filled with "walkers" and people standing around gabbing. Driving from pool to pool was an exercise in futility, so I gave up.
I also learned that whichever room in your house is farthest from the air handler/compressor never gets cool.
Closed Thread

Tags
paper, start, newbies, today, 1rotfl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.