Newbies requesting dance venue information please

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2020, 09:56 AM
Default Music Doesn't Have Any Age Boundaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
For future info:
Just wondering, are there dance venues that play current toons to dance to? Such as hip-hop, more contemporary styles such as Jonny Lang, Anderson East, Selena Gomez. Robin Thicke and the like.
Thank you! Bill & Dani
I'm 68 and I listen to just about all kinds of music, including songs by the artists you mentioned in your post. Most anyone who loves music has favorite songs from the past that are associated with cherished memories. And I think if you truly love music, you can keep expanding your musical tastes. There's still a lot of great music being made out there! Good luck Bill and Dani. Maybe take a look in Ocala for dance venues.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:58 AM
Default OMG! Love me some Twitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Our granddaughter is a national instructor for Hip Hop, and 6 other classes. Has great music, and videos she has made with Twitch. Also is also captain and Choreographer for dance team at college.

Has plenty of time on her hands since her premed classes and her cadaver labs have been put on hold.

She might be the right age (19) for the music you’re looking for.
Hope your daughter gets to complete her med education without too much more delay!
Old 05-25-2020, 10:08 AM

When you find one- we are up for it😄
If you can line dance to it- they will play it😂😂😂
Judy
Old 05-25-2020, 11:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybeachgal View Post
Hope your daughter gets to complete her med education without too much more delay!
Our granddaughter wants to Skype her Medical School admins to see if they can get Covid cadavers.

Feels the ability to see destruction of the entire body, instead of just what virus did to the lungs, will give new insight on issues later.

Started reading X-rays at 3, including diagnosing her own fracture at 5 correctly, then bluntly told the doctor she will make a great orthopedic surgeon.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:39 PM

Last week, Hunter and Taylor told me over the phone about their music. Many of those favorites are people I never heard of that mostly appear on the Tick Tock(??) channel.

When they send another phone letter, I will ask them.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Our granddaughter wants to Skype her Medical School admins to see if they can get Covid cadavers.

Feels the ability to see destruction of the entire body, instead of just what virus did to the lungs, will give new insight on issues later.

Started reading X-rays at 3, including diagnosing her own fracture at 5 correctly, then bluntly told the doctor she will make a great orthopedic surgeon.
Amazing young lady
Old 05-25-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
For future info:
Just wondering, are there dance venues that play current toons to dance to? Such as hip-hop, more contemporary styles such as Jonny Lang, Anderson East, Selena Gomez. Robin Thicke and the like.
Thank you! Bill & Dani
The Villages is for Seniors. The reason it is so popular is these Seniors can enjoy their music. Country & Oldies tunes is the big draw. You will have to wait 30-40 years for the music you like in this area.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Just because someone will say it's current or new music, doesn't mean it's hip-hop, dance, pop, or anything at all like that. Rock music is still being made, many of the older bands are still recording and many newer bands I've picked up on. These are some of the newer bands;

Evanescence, The Cure, Future Islands, Need to Breathe, Kings of Leon, Soul Asylum, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Collective Soul (my wife's favorite), The Calling, Adele, Snow Patrol, The Verve Pipe, The Darkness, Live, The Killers, REM, Alanis Morrisette, The Wallflowers, Drake White, Alabama Shakes, Bush, The Smashing Pumpkins, Rammstein, Scott Stapp and 3 Doors Down are just a few.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
The Villages is for Seniors. The reason it is so popular is these Seniors can enjoy their music. Country & Oldies tunes is the big draw. You will have to wait 30-40 years for the music you like in this area.
Himm not so sure I can wait so long
Old 05-26-2020, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
For future info:
Thank you! Bill & Dani
There are some options but they are not plentiful. Read the Recreation News in detail once it is going full steam ahead and don't limit yourself to what is going on just inside of TV.

Tags
dance, selena, styles, jonny, lang

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.