Newell AED Program- Different View

Old 03-29-2024, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

I had a further dialogue with the poster but unfortunately that post magically disappeared from the thread. That said, it’s commonplace on TOTV for some to change narratives midway through a thread....especially when you can’t stay on point and can’t concede. Also, why is it that some here, regardless of thread topic ....always have to post their resumes and scrapbooks as a way to somehow dismiss a competing argument. There are times when it’s welcomed on other threads and organic in its presentation. On this one it’s highly pretentious.
Old 03-31-2024, 11:02 AM
Default Incorrect information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired55 View Post
This is a different view on an AED program that a group on Facebook is implementing, for the Village of Newell. It is a view no one on Facebook in the Group will comment on for fear of being outcast or attacked. That’s why its being posted here. This is not meant to attack the organizers or anyone who supports or has donated to the program. The organizer has mentioned to the group that some people where opposed to the Program but they do not understand why.

The group wants to install 25 AED devices throughout the Village, and is asking $100 per household.

First, the AED devises are a great Lifesaving tool and I think they are wonderful as I am also certified to operate one. But the program itself is not the issue.

Simply said, a Facebook group should not be making decisions for the entire Village, no matter how good or well meaning the project is. It is just a Facebook group; no one voted anyone in for this. It has created a situation where you are making people uncomfortable and pitting one side against another. This should not happen. The group is aggressively collecting money by going door to door, setting up tables at the mail and rec centers and other ways. Some people do not appreciate that and shouldn't have to explain why they do not want to contribute.

The Village of Newell is a beautiful community, with friendly neighbors who look out for each other and enjoy each others company. While this program is very thoughtful and well meaning, please understand that there may be some neighbors who do not agree, for their own reasons.

I'm sure money can be an issue with some people, and they shouldn’t have to explain that to anyone, or be made uncomfortable because of it.

There are lots of questions about the program itself but that is for a different conversation and is not really relevant to this view.

Please, this is just a different view not an argument.

I am curios what others in the Villages have to say on the issue.

Retired

Because you have posted incorrect information, I will reply. There are 23 AED’s going in Newell. We are asking each household to donate $100. The fund raising committee does not nor ever has gone door-to-door. Some residents have spoken to their neighbors. People feel passionate.
We also have not pressured, shamed or any other improper behavior.
I cannot speak for other residents that may feel passionate, but we don’t condone aggressive behavior. We are not putting people against each other. If you don’t want to participate, don’t.
But also please don’t disparage the hard working people that are trying to get this important program up and running.

Tags
group, program, view, people, aed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.