Newer Sections

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Cool

This is very helpful. I'm heading down to TV tomorrow. Just sold my home, and am on a mission: to find my full-time home in TV. I thought my biggest decision was CYV versus Designer Home. Then I had this decision to add to the mix! But it's all good. I know wherever I end up, I'm blessed.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:59 AM

All new purchases in the villages had bonds. If yours was paid off, it was in the price of the house. Bonds are the vehicle to pay the costs of amenities in perpetuity.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Veteran member
Default locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
I have a friend looking at houses south of 44. Since I live north of 466a, I am somewhat biased on where to point them (lol).

But looking for some objective viewpoints, what are pros and cons of living south of 44 that I can share with them.
location north of 466 (where I too live) - better shopping for everything - better grocery stores, Publix, Super Walmart, Fresh Market, all the stores on 441, near 2 town squares, more doctors and dentists nearby, hospital and Ocala ER nearby and one of the best things - no reclaim water systems north of 466. I am biased too but for good reasons.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:24 AM

I heard they are selling lots in Chitty Chatty now. That's east of the turnpike and Morse Blvd. and just south of 44. They'll have connectivity once the bridge over 44 by Rohan is done. I'm guessing that will be before those of us on the west side of the turnpike get it. Anyone betting against me?
Old 02-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Lack of restaurants, shopping and a championship golf course are the big three. If your a serious golfer you would want to live north of 44. Many preowned homes have many upgrades that will cost thousands in a new home. A town square like Brownwood will not be up and running for at least another four years.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:35 AM
Gold member

A putt & play will be installed at the new First Responders recreation center in Calumet Grove. That will all be built by July 2021.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Many preowned homes have many upgrades that will cost thousands in a new home.
That is true, but a lot of the 'upgrades' (like an enclosed lanai or a summer kitchen) may be things you do not want. It was nice to buy a new home and choose the exact features that we wanted.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:54 AM

When you move into a new area, everyone else is also new. Everyone is so friendly and want to meet their neighbors and do things together. In a more established area, people are more likely to already have their friends and routines. There is an excitement and positive vibe in the new villages South of 44. Best decision we ever made.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:48 AM

We built in a Fenney a year and a half ago and love it. The nature/preserve areas are beautiful and tremendous walking options. Road noise is not an issue for vast majority of homes in the 6 “finished” villages. 7 golfing options and 18 hole under construction. 5 rec centers within 3 miles that have facilities like no other (remote control cars and boats, beach volleyball, platform tennis etc) yes we drive 10 minutes to a square but another coming down here in future but that’s about the only downside I can think of. Overall it’s a personal choice and sure they’ll know what’s right for them after looking at both north and south areas.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne and Mike View Post
When you move into a new area, everyone else is also new. Everyone is so friendly and want to meet their neighbors and do things together. In a more established area, people are more likely to already have their friends and routines. There is an excitement and positive vibe in the new villages South of 44. Best decision we ever made.
We were among the first to build in our village....16 years ago...the positive vibe and excitement is still there in addition to a family like bond......that makes a point of welcoming a new home owner to the neighborhood.

We all have our perspectives. As I said previously look for what you want in a house and neighborhood feel....you will not go wrong ANYWHERE in TV.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
I have a friend looking at houses south of 44. Since I live north of 466a, I am somewhat biased on where to point them (lol).

But looking for some objective viewpoints, what are pros and cons of living south of 44 that I can share with them.
I have a friend that lives over there & he does like it, BUT he does say taxes are higher because it's in Wildwood school district, Aminities are higher & to do anything except golf you have to go north of St. route 44. Nothing in Fenney YET!
Old 02-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

My BIL moved to TV this summer. He chose North of 44 because there is only one planned 18 hole golf course. He and my husband play the Championship courses 3 days a week.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Smile CYV in Fenney

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo8357 View Post
This is very helpful. I'm heading down to TV tomorrow. Just sold my home, and am on a mission: to find my full-time home in TV. I thought my biggest decision was CYV versus Designer Home. Then I had this decision to add to the mix! But it's all good. I know wherever I end up, I'm blessed.
I am planning to put my villa on the market in about two weeks. Lovely corner lot with a pool/spa. Large enclosed screen. Michele Halloy will be my realtor. Check with her after Feb. 19th.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I live here so am a little biased but here is what I like. The entire area is peaceful with lots of open spaces, water, marshlands, nature trails, and wildlife. Abundance of pools including family pools for when children visit, we have all of the amenities that are available north of 44 and some that are unique to this area such as the Putt and Play and the Pitch and Putt courses, we have 3 great recreation centers, Fenney, Linden, and Everglades, Fenney also has the Bar & Grille. For those wanting championship golf, it is being developed on the east side of the Turnpike south of Warm Springs. We are less than 5 miles from Brownwood and two typical villages Plazas, 15 minutes to the Leesburg Hospital, 10 minutes to the new Villages Emergency Center on 44, easy access to the Turnpike and I-75. As far as the Turnpike noise, that affects parts of only 3 of the villages down here, it is not heard in Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, western Linden and western Monarch Grove. I'm sure there is more that I like about being here but there are still some things we are waiting for, specifically, Magnolia Plaza, retail shopping, and connectivity by golf car all of which are in the works.
if your friends love animals & wildlife, the newer areas are the place to be. we have all kinds of critters up here in our nature preserves, i can spend all day over on the fenney trails. yes, we have to go aprox 4-5miles to get to stores, etc., but it wasn't a deal breaker for us @ all. GOOD LUCK~!
Old 02-03-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Here are some.

Pros:
You can get a new house with a warranty
Newer house designs
Lower prices

Cons:
Smaller lots
Higher taxes
Fewer stores and other facilities close by
Fewer restaurants close by
Not as many rec centers and golf courses
Some newer houses have noise from the turnpike
Landscaping is not established
Longer drive to a town square
Construction traffic and noise until the area is developed
Not necessarily lower prices. The bond over there south of 44 seems to be extremely pricey. You need to add that to the price of the house so to speak. Need to figure on comparative basis.

Tags
south, objective, viewpoints, newer, pros

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.