Newer Sections

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Which of his points are not accurate?
The claim that the feral hogs and the Zika carrying mosquitoes are gone.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow&Darla View Post
I am planning to put my villa on the market in about two weeks. Lovely corner lot with a pool/spa. Large enclosed screen. Michele Halloy will be my realtor. Check with her after Feb. 19th.
Out of there so soon?
Old 02-03-2020, 03:07 PM

I'm also heading for TV Wednesday to prep for my closing early Thursday morning We are buying a veranda in Monarch Grove. Best of luck in finding your home
Old 02-03-2020, 04:53 PM

pros are that it's much prettier down there with all the nature, shaded walking/biking and golf cart trails and huge old oak trees with moss. really a more nature oriented area and less crowded, less traffic, more, quiet, peaceful + relaxing area. Homes much cheaper and better floor plans for patio villas and courtyards with 2 car garages. Also has entry for Fl. turnpike right in that area. cons are that they aren't yet fully developed so will be another year until stores down there and probably a few years until a square is built down there. It's only 5 miles to Lake Deaton Plaza now for shopping and 7 miles to Brownwood square and restaurants, so not that big of a burden really. Really just a matter of preference whether having more stores, restaurants closer is more important to you or a more peaceful setting for everyday life. My best friend just sold her 2nd home in the Villages and built her 3rd home down there, then I did the same and now one of my closest friends is building down there. Take a drive down there and turn right immediately after Everglades rec center, then stay on Marsh Bend road until the end and you will see what I mean. It's so pretty down there! The new Village of DeLuna just opened sales for lots down there 2 weeks ago, so still time to purchase beautiful lots and build your dream home or villas in between all the big old oak trees down there! It's directly across the street from the golf cart bridge going to Brownwood which should be finished in next few months. Also miles of shaded walking trails right there.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Not necessarily lower prices. The bond over there south of 44 seems to be extremely pricey. You need to add that to the price of the house so to speak. Need to figure on comparative basis.
Every new house had a bond. Our preowned still had a bond. Same house on the other corner paid theirs off. Price of home reflected bond paid
Old 02-04-2020, 06:51 AM

We live south of 44, and really enjoy the area. We purchased here primarily because the price points were lower, and we like the recreation centers here, walking trails, etc. Our only issue is the lack of golf cart connectivity to the rest of TV and golf cart accessible commercial development (shopping, services, etc.). We knew this when we purchased, but our realtor indicated that connectivity and shopping would occur by the end of the first quarter of 2020. The first shopping center might be completed prior to year end 2020, and connectivity to the rest of TV will likely not occur this year. Otherwise no complaints.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:06 PM

We rented in Caroline the past 3 years but are in Fenney this year and deciding where to buy. We liked Caroline but have pretty much decided to buy down here. We have met 2 couples who have moved down here from north of 44. They love it down here. They were joking about the bridges not being finished and said that it was a good thing because when they are finished it will provide access to all the people “up north”.
So it’s just fine if your friends buy up there...have a nice day in Florida’s Friendliest Hometown 😎
Old 02-04-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaufnelson View Post
Also miles of shaded walking trails right there.
I did not see MILES of shaded trails, a tree here and there, that's about it.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
I did not see MILES of shaded trails
The miles of beautiful shaded trails are definitely there. If you haven't seen them it is because you have not looked.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:33 PM

Every district of the VCDD starts out with a 30-year bond and will be amused by every homeowner thereafter until the bond is paid. Some homeowners choose to pay it off before the 30-year bond is up, which could help in the event they were to decide they wanted to sell the property. Properties with no bond are more attractive to some buyers. But bond balance is all based on how the homeowner chooses to pay the bond.

All of the new builds will have a bond and as on January 1, 2020, will be $162.00 monthly Amenities Fee. Those homes that are in a "The Villages Community Development District (VCDD)" community will have an annual maintenance assessment fee, which "pays for the ongoing costs of maintaining the infrastructure." Properties in the "Historic" areas do not have bonds or annual maintenance assessment fees, Lake County oversees that maintenance in those neighborhoods, not the VCDD.

Every Unit within a District will have a different annual maintenance fee. You can look up maintenance assessment fees on the VCDD's website at this link (CLICK HER), but per the VCDD the maintenance fee for 2019-2020 will remain the same for all Units/Districts in 2020, with exception to District 12 is under development.

So in short, the fees, bonds, and assessments will vary based where your home is and when you bought it. If anyone has any further questions, I'd be glad to answer them or help you find out who can help answer the questions best.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, objective, viewpoints, newer, pros

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.