News from the Fenney bus riders

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

As I stated at the top of the tread, “As others may have differing opinions, I am all ears for those that have made the trip. I will try to make the bus ride in March “. Only time will tell as to the success of Fenney. That said I wish every business entity success! All of the comments are good food for thought.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

As Bonny says - the other Thread has lots of info; we took the tour and I provided feedback in a posting there.

I would recommend to you - take the tour, or drive down there. Lots of TV sales folks there to ask questions and look thru homes, Rec Center et al. Not sayin' that the Sales folks will have the answers you're looking for... But when we were there Jennifer Parr was there - she should know the answers, or at least provide some solid feedback.

Fenney does have dedicated walking trails, not sure if bikes are allowed. They would know. It's much more country/rural than any other locale in TV right now. Some may like it, others not as you will see in the other Thread.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
First rule of real estate

LOCATION ....LOCATION.....LOCATION
Old 03-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
Good points.

Personally I paid more for less house here than I would have gotten in nearby communities for the lifestyle. And that includes EASY access to everything. I am close to square, shopping etc. via golf cart. I think resale value will hold as others want that too. It would make no sense to me to buy in Fenney. It doesn't seem like part of the Villages. How can they connect it? Of course others may not mind the distance etc. and so long as the price is decent relative to other homes outside the Villages than that could be a decent choice for someone.

However, now with reports of potential water shortage (not sure why that water bottling plant was approved) I would be very cautious buying.
Not to worry. It will rain every day soon.
Read this...it isn't just here...

District Water Restrictions
Old 03-02-2017, 01:50 PM

I was told "No Premiers". They don't show any on the three phases of the map, either.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Good points.

Personally I paid more for less house here than I would have gotten in nearby communities for the lifestyle. And that includes EASY access to everything. I am close to square, shopping etc. via golf cart. I think resale value will hold as others want that too. It would make no sense to me to buy in Fenney. It doesn't seem like part of the Villages. How can they connect it? Of course others may not mind the distance etc. and so long as the price is decent relative to other homes outside the Villages than that could be a decent choice for someone.

However, now with reports of potential water shortage (not sure why that water bottling plant was approved) I would be very cautious buying.
They've already bought up most of the land between Fenney and 44, and plan to put 14,000 new homes there over the next decade. Just need a bridge or tunnel to traverse 44 and thus connected. This will put 466A just about the middle of TV, where there was nothing 5 years ago
Old 03-02-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
(not sure why that water bottling plant was approved)
The plant is approved to use 496,000 gallons of water daily.
The Villages uses 23 million gallons per day.
The plant will use the same amount of water as 2,156 people.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Sage

No worries. More and more people are retiring everyday, so there will be a plethora of people, who will move here! I would never want to deny someone living in this paradise. I just hope the traffic won't be like when the snowbirds are here since they will build 14,000 homes.

Samo samo. There will another person, to buy if one passes on a particular house.

Back to the Fenny discussion.

Hey Nucky, since Fenny is south of your present home, will you be using that for the winter months?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 03-02-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:04 PM

Thank you!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:53 AM

Agree with all you said, except the water given to my wife and I was warm. Guess they forgot to put ice in their large cooler.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

We went on the Fenney tour Tuesday (previous posting review). Asked about Premiers. Answer, yes they will have section with Premiers-but not in the first few Phases. One of the Designer open house models had an interior Premier-like. 12' ceilings, 8' interior doors etc.

It's a nice way to spend a few hours down there and stroll around and check out the homes. Even if it's not your cup of tea to live a bit 'country/rural'.

We 'heard' late last year that TV has approvals for up to 9 GC tunnels under 44. From a very good 'source'. We KNEW TV would not buildout as rumored last year(s). Why would they build Brownwood on the southern tip of TV if not having pland for the southern expansion...

The "water" commentary....GRRRRRR. I was having a nice morning till THAT topic came up. oh well.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,590 Times in 568 Posts

If there was no water, it would be a problem. If there was ice cold water for .50 a problem. Free bottled water, still a problem.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I heard last night that there are only 1800 lots left

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-04-2017, 12:06 PM

I believe they assume that since you can't use your golf cart to reach The Villages proper, you might want to rent one instead of buying to drive around Fenney. As far as scenery, when completed it's going to be beautiful. Home prices slightly lower but remember higher Wildwood property taxes. A few patio villas with 2 car garages or additional golf cart garage. Very nice for seasonal residents. I can see myself, in 10 years at age 80, tired of the traffic and wanting a smaller, private village similar to Spruce Creek. Lake Deaton will probably be built up by then for food, gas, drug store, maybe fast food. I don't see how anyone could scoff at The Village of Fenney. A place for everyone......................................
Old 03-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I took the Fenny tour. I was very impressed. First - The Villages did an excellent job of planning and staffing the tour. My impression was that the houses were a little less expensive than a comparable home in The Villages. There were some nice upgrades (gas ranges, nicer lighting fixtures, etc). Fenny has some nice old trees (it wasn't built in a pasture). Today - Fenny isn't golf cart accessible to the rest of the Villages. But honestly -- I live near Brownwood and I drive to most places in The Villages. I was told that if you want to golf an executive course before the 2 exec. courses open in Fenny you will have access to a cart at Exec courses if you own a home in Fenny (my impression was it's free). Once the Exec. courses are open in Fenny - that goes away. As far as championship courses, I was told that you will have access to a cart, free of charge, at any championship course if you live in Fenny. But - that means championship course golfers will have to load their clubs in their car and drive over to the course. That might be an issue for serious golfers. The other issue I see is that the only restaurant option is a "grill" at one of the rec. centers. You'll have to get in your car and drive to restaurants. But again -- Fenny is very nice and not as crowded as The Villages (I didn't see a roundabout!!!)... and if you're not a serious golfer or don't drive your golf cart to everything... Fenny is a great option.
Closed Thread

Tags
bus, riders, fenney, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.