News from the Fenney bus riders

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaP View Post
I believe they assume that since you can't use your golf cart to reach The Villages proper, you might want to rent one instead of buying to drive around Fenney. As far as scenery, when completed it's going to be beautiful. Home prices slightly lower but remember higher Wildwood property taxes. A few patio villas with 2 car garages or additional golf cart garage. Very nice for seasonal residents. I can see myself, in 10 years at age 80, tired of the traffic and wanting a smaller, private village similar to Spruce Creek. Lake Deaton will probably be built up by then for food, gas, drug store, maybe fast food. I don't see how anyone could scoff at The Village of Fenney. A place for everyone......................................
With the initial estimate of 14,000 homes I suspect in 10 years it will look and feel much like TV above 44. Not saying that's a bad thing only that the density will increase significantly and the smaller private village feel will disappear and be as we experience it now.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

My neighbor and souuse went on the tour, She said the cheapest dwsigner was 400,000 dollars Yikes.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
My neighbor and souuse went on the tour, She said the cheapest dwsigner was 400,000 dollars Yikes.
Hi Sally. I miss seeing you. Coffee pot is always on.

This made me curious. I looked on The Villages site.Here is a Jasmine in Fenney and it is selling for $248.

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
Old 03-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
We went on the tour yesterday and the house prices for those houses on display included furnishings.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We went on the tour yesterday and the house prices for those houses on display included furnishings.
We went on the tour Thursday and were told specifically that the furnishings were NOT included. However, the prices on the homes that were open were for THAT home ON THAT LOT, as you see it, except for the furnishings. Most of those homes were on lots with water view or actually the lake itself. Many had pools and/or outdoor kitchens, or spas and all had large lanai's. With that thought in mind I felt like they were priced fairly. I'm talking about the designers. Not necessarily disputing what you were told, but this is what we were told.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:

Not correct - All walk-thru MODELS had the total price for that home incl all the upgrades, lot (premium) - furniture not included in $. So as TV Sales had in other Open Houses in new 'hoods' at TV over the years - the $$$ was for each model home shown. And most were on super-premium lots with huge lanais and pools.

Per the Daily Sun ad:

Designer homes from:
$220s & $230s

Cottage Homes:
$180s

Patio Villas:
$130s

Bungalow Villas:
$200s

and, was told during our tour that Premiers were planned in a future phase.

and per paper, Tours are sold out, but from 3/6-3/12 9:30a-1pm. trolleys running from Brownwood Sales offc - first come first serve - no appts.

It is a nice way to spend a few hours - planning to move or not...
Old 03-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Gold member

I remember a lot of the same arguments when the area around Brownwood was being developed. Higher crime risks, too far from everything etc etc. I also heard last year that TV already has at least applied for permits to build tunnels under 44. Fenney is the first Village simply because that location already had the permits needed and all the environmental impact studies etc done because another developer was going to develop that site. In a short while, all that land between 44 and TV will look just like the rest of TV and will be accessible by golf cart to all of TV. Also, Fenney is in Sumter County so the taxes are less than the new homes being built in Lake County (Pine Hills etc) Did anyone hear how much the bond is going to be in Fenney ?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I am the first to admit I really like to drink, but wouldn't really like to be referred to as a souse by my friends and neighbors!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Also, Fenney is in Sumter County so the taxes are less than the new homes being built in Lake County (Pine Hills etc) Did anyone hear how much the bond is going to be in Fenney ?
I asked re BOND during our tour. The sales reps were not absolutely sure - but they believe similar rates as other Sumter Co Districts - For the $550K model home with a premium sized lot, they said "probably $29K". And Villas "probably $22K".
Of course best source would be direct to TV Sales.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Neither. Go south on Morse and cross 44 and it then turns into 468; the road is called Morse north of 44 and it is called 468 south of 44. Just continue for a few miles and you will see Fenney on the left.
Be sure to take the guided trolly tour. It is unlawful (and dangerous) to enter a construction area in your personal vehicle. No trespassing signs with the state statute number are posted at the entrances.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Given the remote location and relative lack of amenities of Fenney, it's not surprising that The Developer has rolled out the red carpet...and is bending over backward to get people to move there.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:33 PM

Thanks for the information. Hope to take the tour in April.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Given the remote location and relative lack of amenities of Fenney, it's not surprising that The Developer has rolled out the red carpet...and is bending over backward to get people to move there.
No shortage of interest. Lots of Boomers. Good sales practice. I was in sales. Welcoming is better than pushing.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,590 Times in 568 Posts

No one is making you buy anywhere. It's still your choice to buy TV proper, or off site. If you are not interested, just don't take the trolley. People said no one would buy south of 466a and yet houses sold. Fenny will have a certain clientele. Not a worry for me one way or another
Old 03-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
They've already bought up most of the land between Fenney and 44, and plan to put 14,000 new homes there over the next decade. Just need a bridge or tunnel to traverse 44 and thus connected. This will put 466A just about the middle of TV, where there was nothing 5 years ago
Crossing the Turnpike will be a bigger challenge than 44 for The Developer to gain golf cart access to the current Villages

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, riders, fenney, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.