No ARC Approval makes $4,000 mistake

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Maybe the developer is trying to protect the landscapers and the bug companies??

How about this? The purpose/ reason for the Community Standards Dept of the District Government - All taken from the District Web Site..... that few seem to read.

MISSION
To assist residents in upholding the aesthetic value of their property in The Villages.

The Community Standards Department is committed to upholding the high standards of our community’s residential architectural design, landscaping and aesthetics. The department has two divisions: Deed Compliance and Architectural Review.

You have chosen to live in a community protected by Restrictive Covenants. The Declaration of Restrictions was issued to you at the closing on your home. It was at that time you signed a covenant with the Developer to comply with the Restrictive Covenants. We urge all homeowners to read their Restrictive Covenants.

Why a lot of us moved here!
I would just like to add. Posters should educate themselves on what kind of government we have in TV. There is no homeowners association..period.
Also implying that the Developer has a vested interest in all the Mom & Pop outfits running around cutting grass, exposes your ignorance.
(CW sorry for the hijack of your post)
Old 07-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

To me, this is a no brainer. She should be required to remove the artificial turf for the following reasons:

1. She didn't apply to ARC for approval.
2. The artificial turf does not comply with the standards, and has been rejected before when others have submitted it.
3. We all pay for the cost of the system to prepare, review, and enforce the standards, so making arbitrary exceptions would devalue the process.
4. Having her remove the turf will serve as an incentive to ensure that other homeowners will follow the process in the future.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:10 PM
Default Artificial turf

So who turned her in community watch OR anonymous trolls?
Old 07-01-2020, 05:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,478 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Doesn’t matter.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:24 PM

Sure it does, she needs to blame someone other than the violator.....hahaha

"Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
So who turned her in community watch OR anonymous trolls?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Doesn’t matter.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,673 Times in 1,507 Posts
Default Actually.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wow. That is a big assumption. Cannot imagine the sod laying crews would go to the trouble of getting approval of something so stupid.
Actually, my comment about the sod laying crews having approval was kind of "tongue in cheek", a joke you may not have guessed. As to it being a big assumption, I have to wonder who it was that thought that it would be a good idea to put carpet over a large storm drain and sod over it. I can't imagine a construction supervisor okaying this. I can't really think the sod layers would sod over a drain without being told to do it. So???
My intention on this thread was about finding out if anyone ever had achieved getting a variance, as we were able to do in our previous community. Apparently, one poster here says it can be done, but that it is very time consuming and labor (leg work) intensive.
Actually, one of my pet peeves is people don't ask permission, but when they get caught they fake ignorance and expect forgiveness. Whether the person in this case truly was ignorant and thought the people selling at the town square knew it was allowed, or if she knew it was not but decided to do it anyway, I don't know. I choose to, in this case, give her the benefit of the doubt. Still, if there is a remedy short of having to tear out the turf, I would like to know. I would never advocate knowingly breaking the rules.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:34 PM

We have rules. It’s that simple. Get a courtyard villa and put it in your BACK yard.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:52 PM

Fact: Inexpensive/cheap artificial grass looks poor. Better quality grass has variable length strands and colors, looks 100% better than the very uniform low cost grass. Get what you pay for. Majority are the off green blanket of artificial turf, if not put in professionally, rain drainage problems can occur.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:59 PM

I think it looks much better than people who covers their yard with rocks. Why do the rocks get approved & not artificial turf?
Old 07-02-2020, 04:13 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
I think it looks much better than people who covers their yard with rocks. Why do the rocks get approved & not artificial turf?
Drainage, turf doesn't allow water to penetrate to the earth below it rather it just runs off into the storm drains. Water seeps through the rocks just as it would seep into the earth below the sod.

It really doesn't matter if people think how great it looks.

It's not allowed and it wasn't approved, simple.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
My opinion is its beautiful and common sense should prevail. Leave it alone. What it looks like in 5 years can be dealt with down the line when and if it looks worse than a regular lawn in the same neighborhood.

On the other hand, rules are rules and people seem to like to see others squirm. If in the end, if they end up having to remove the quality work they did it would be a true shame. Get a life! Wow!
Well said!
Old 07-02-2020, 07:05 AM

Does ARC require a palm tree in each yard??????????????
Old 07-02-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Community Watch doesn't have that responsibility......
Old 07-02-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do you know if the plan was submitted to ARC?
It's not the first time this contractor from vendor nights has been caught blatantly disregarding deed restrictions. Where's the sanctions of the vendor?
Old 07-02-2020, 08:28 AM

Looks like she also has a metal roof. Isn't that against the rules too?
Closed Thread

Tags
home, bungalows, edgewater, arc, board

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.