No ARC Approval makes $4,000 mistake

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 09:17 PM

The debate here is the reason there are deed restrictions. Some people think the property looks great. Others do not. I have neighbors who believe having a half dozens lawn flags is clever. And I have neighbors who believe having 20 different lawn ornaments in their front yard is beautiful. I don’t think it’s clever or beautiful.

I moved into a development that has restrictions prohibiting such adornments. So my options are to accept my neighbors’ tackiness and rule breaking, confront my neighbors (which is almost never well received - most people open to such feedback don’t break rules in the first place), or become one the trolls and report the violations anonymously.

Artificial turf does not typically age well. So what might be considered beautiful today will likely be less so in a year or two. Regarding water conservation and chemical use, CYV’s allow for the entire yard to be landscaped with decorative rock.

Regarding this post specifically, my issue is with the people who know it is against the rules, and support it anyway. At what point does the rule breaking become unacceptable? Artificial turf comes in different colors. What if the home owner was a Minnesota Viking fan, and installed purple artificial turf just as beautifully? Red, white, and blue turf in support of USA?

Following the rules governing landscaping in TV isn’t hard. And if you don’t like the rules, lobby to have them changed before you break the rules. Or if you are unwilling to accept such rules and are too lazy to make the effort to change them, purchase elsewhere. There are plenty of developments that allow artificial turf (or lawn ornaments, or yard flags, etc.).
Old 07-08-2020, 08:48 PM

I like the look of the turf in the photo. She made an error and assumed because the turf was sold in the Villages center it would be okay. Yet, it was against the rules. Expensive error. A world without rules leads to chaos but too many rules and too many people ready to report a mistake with glee makes life in The Villages or elsewhere a misery.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, bungalows, edgewater, arc, board

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.