Search, above, is your friend;

Hot Tub on Lanai
Old 03-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
WHY?
I know lots of people with hot tubs. are you asking why TV pools don't have them?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
WHY?
I have a hot tub. What's your question?

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2017, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Why none in TV?????????????
Old 03-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Why none in TV?????????????
Personal or Public
Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

If you're asking about public hot tubs with the pools, I would imagine the cost of cleaning, maintenance, and repair. More than likely you'd never to get in it anyway with our population.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I bet they would not be used.
Ever seen anybody in a private hot tub?
BTW I get enough germs touching the shopping cart at Public.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I know a few people that have hot tubs in TV. They might be hard to see since they're in the backyard or in the case of the two on my block, they are inside a birdcage. They're popular in the CYV communities since many don't have room for a pool.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Libility.....Greg there used to be quite a few hot tub/spa businesses where you could rent them by the hour....every single one closed in our state due to people becoming infected with others medical issues. At 103 to 105 degrees many germs thrive and no matter that chemicals were used the tubs weren't sanitized after every use.....and that is what would have to be done to keep them safe for everyone. So if they had them at the community/adult pools you can visualize the issues that would be caused since the older you get the more medical issues that could be transmitted through hot tubs.

I hope that answers your question.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Why none in TV?
We aren't clear about your question as there are many private hot tubs in The Villages.
I believe there are a couple of public hot tubs in Historical.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, several of my neighbors have their own hot tubs, including us. We have never had a problem with germs, as we keep the chlorine/bromine at the proper levels, and we like the temperature a little cooler, 100 degrees during the winter, and heat OFF during the hot summer. The water typically settles at around 80 degrees during the summer, and we this to cool off! I have not been to the public pool yet (3 years). As mentioned above, even with a road to the back of our house, you probably will not notice the hot tub due to screening and plantings, and the color of the tub. As for public hot tubs, these are very small, usually 1000 gallons or less, and as mentioned, easy to harbor germs, and would probably require a separate system to keep them germ free. The other concern maybe access to these, as most you need to climb in and out.
OP, IMHO, if you want a hot tub, get your own, Spa Kingdom (441 and 466a) has an excellent selection. Plan on $15 to $20 per week maintenance, unless you do this yourself, and changing the water at least once per year.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, several of my neighbors have their own hot tubs, including us. We have never had a problem with germs, as we keep the chlorine/bromine at the proper levels, and we like the temperature a little cooler, 100 degrees during the winter, and heat OFF during the hot summer. The water typically settles at around 80 degrees during the summer, and we this to cool off! I have not been to the public pool yet (3 years). As mentioned above, even with a road to the back of our house, you probably will not notice the hot tub due to screening and plantings, and the color of the tub. As for public hot tubs, these are very small, usually 1000 gallons or less, and as mentioned, easy to harbor germs, and would probably require a separate system to keep them germ free. The other concern maybe access to these, as most you need to climb in and out.
OP, IMHO, if you want a hot tub, get your own, Spa Kingdom (441 and 466a) has an excellent selection. Plan on $15 to $20 per week maintenance, unless you do this yourself, and changing the water at least once per year.
Hope this helps.
The public and priority hot tubs are cleaned and checked every day.... 365 days a year. The ones I have seen here do have a separate system from the pool for filtration and heat. Don't know about the private hot tubs. (if anyone doesn't understand "DON"T KNOW" they can look it up.)

A couple of the priority hots tubs are LARGE. Common sense would dictate that like most other things here.... they are well maintained. They were not put in to make people sick. They were put in for people to safely enjoy.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Veteran member

We just spent 2 months, 7500 miles and 15 states in the desert SW. Every resort had a least one hot tub. It'd be nice to have one at Mulberry in December when it is 40 degrees and you're coming out of the pool. We're renting a 'country' villa for 4 months starting in November. The unit has a solar pool but I'd wish it were a hot tub!
Old 03-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Gold member

The country club pools have hot tubs next to them, some are large. Like others have said they are maintained just like the pools. There is also one other one on historic side.
Of course resorts have hot tubs, The Villages is not a resort, it's a community.
Closed Thread

Tags
cus, tubs, hot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.