No more Adidas for me

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2022, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

Dam, I hope Crocs doesn’t do something to cause me to have to boycott them. If that happened, all I’d have left to wear would be my sketchers golf shoes : (
Old 04-16-2022, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,675 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Dam, I hope Crocs doesn’t do something to cause me to have to boycott them. If that happened, all I’d have left to wear would be my sketchers golf shoes : (
Whatever happened to U. S. KEDS?
Old 04-16-2022, 10:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
I agree 100% Stu....., but we found out 2 weeks ago that some people can not determine or identify a "Woman" when asked to define a woman...
Have you tried that yourself? It's easy to be condescending, it's harder to be exact.

Here is an article from USA Today and another from WaPo on the subject.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 04-16-2022 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Better choice of words
Old 04-16-2022, 10:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Have you tried that yourself?

Here is an article from USA Today and another from WaPo on the subject. It's easy to be condescending, it's harder to be correct.
Thank you for your post, I am biting my tongue here. It is not condescending, it is hate.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

All you experts in a man is a man and a woman is a woman... What is a person with XXY chromosomes? What is a person with XO? What is a person with XYY? What is a person with ovotestes? What is a person who has cliteromegaly that mimics in all respects a small phallus? What is a person whose brain tells them beyond any shadow of a doubt they are a woman? You experts are so certain in your ignorance and intolerance. The genders are not as simple as you wish or your church may have taught you. It is very complex and the exceptions to your wrongheaded wisdom prove the fallacy of your beliefs.

Of course you would support forcing teachers not to teach the truth about gender identity because telling children the truth would threaten your so tightly held beliefs. There is every color of the rainbow in human expression and experience of sexuality and gender.

And any corporation that understands how the emerging picture of the complexity of gender must be boycotted. Cancel culture I believe is the term the thought police use on TV
Old 04-17-2022, 05:01 AM

Nike likes to get good social credit scores for sole purpose of stock value on Wall Street…race, gender….”equity” It’s all projection….they do something and accuse you of doing it…….you think they give a crap about humans….they moved their factories from China to other slave labor countries for profit….90% of all “American “ companies “just “ do it…… and we all love shopping at Walmart …. This is the middle of the slippery slope of global corporate domination…. Equity is also a distraction that is hiding the real quest of taking away personal freedoms….speech , privacy and the nuclear family unit…..China did this - Russia is almost there and we are next….
Old 04-17-2022, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
No reason my dollars should support a company that treat women so unfairly.

Men should not be able to compete against women in a womens sport.
Targeting the companies that sell the items is not the solution. Targeting the organizations allow /transgender individuals to compete against non-transgender athletes would be more effective. As a woman, I personally think there should be its own transgender category.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
And we care about this why?
Because it is funny. At least I thought so.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't think men playing mens' sports should be allowed to earn more than women in womens' sports. I don't think a man OR a woman should earn more in a professional sport than a teacher, or a nurse, or a truck driver. It won't stop me from buying whatever the heck I want to buy.
The pay equity in professional sports is simply economic. When women’s sports generate the revenue that men’s sports do, women will get paid the same as men.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I have seen the commercial, it is not just transgender but covers all women. I just don’t agree that former men should be able to compete against women no matter what they wear.
I think former men should compete against former women. In fact that should be a competitive class by itself. Talk about inclusive!!
Old 04-17-2022, 05:25 AM

They want to let trans guys compete with girls ok let girls use steroids - it's the same thing
Old 04-17-2022, 05:43 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
I mean, if I'm going to pick a sports company as my hill to die on, I would just - stop buying from that company. Maybe use a magic marker to blacken the swoosh on my sneakers or whatever.

But throwing away perfectly good clothing/gear is basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. You already paid for it. You can't undo that.

I don't wear Nike or Adidas stuff because I'm not into sports-branded clothing. But I really don't give a flying furt if their advertisements have men, women, transgender, black, white, disabled, poor, wealthy, Muslim, Baptist, or whatever else. They want everyone to buy their stuff. And so, they're marketing to everyone.

Unless you feel that transgender people shouldn't be allowed to buy Nike and Adidas clothing? Because if that's the case, it sounds more like a "you" problem.
When Adidas runs a commercial repeatedly about transgender women in sports it goes toward normalizing it which is wrong. You as a woman should be against a man competing in women’s sports.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Well first it was Nike. Threw away or gave to charity all all my Nike stuff including a golf bag and would never buy anything with a swoosh on it again. Now Adidas is running a commercial pushing transgender women in sports.
Pretty soon I will be barefoot
I refuse to any product with a company name on it. Why pay for their free advertising. Like paying for Walmarts plastic bags with their name on it.
And the “ my pillow” guy who sells cushions for $68.00 and 6 towels for $106 dollars and then thanks God for reducing the price. But…. People are buying it. Capitalism or greed
Old 04-17-2022, 05:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
I mean, if I'm going to pick a sports company as my hill to die on, I would just - stop buying from that company. Maybe use a magic marker to blacken the swoosh on my sneakers or whatever.

But throwing away perfectly good clothing/gear is basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. You already paid for it. You can't undo that.
I literally changed the swoosh on my socks with a sharpie but that washed off. The point is if I wore apparel by a company (that I don’t agree their sponsors or advertising) when there are other choices then I can’t speak out against that company and their policies
Old 04-17-2022, 06:00 AM

Yes teachers should get paid the big bucks. In the early 2000s when I was teaching mathematics, I was approached by Texas Instruments. They thought my classroom lessons would make a great TV show. They had heard that my students were engaged and loved my approach to teaching. I was offered $50,000 for every class filmed. Heck, that was a whole year salary. Unfortunately I woke up from that wonderful dream. :-)

Tags
adidas, nike, commercial, swoosh, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.