No more Adidas for me

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2022, 06:16 AM

Try ASICS’s. Made in Mexico.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:17 AM
Veteran member

Life isn't fair in so many ways. If I was one of the women swimmers in that contest where they had a transgender competing, I would have gotten out of the pool and refused to swim
Old 04-17-2022, 06:17 AM

To let us know Who Not to support!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 04-17-2022, 06:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Be the best that you are but stay the Way You are

That's my motto but if you want to be the way you are aren't then you shouldn't be allowed to compete. I have personally nothing against you for whatever you are, just don't try to unfairly have an advantage over me
Old 04-17-2022, 06:18 AM
Default Perfect Statement on Easter Sunday

What a Perfect Statement to make on the day Christians around the world celebrate the Resurrection of a Man who Accepted all those who were different, poor, old, sick, whores, uneducated, homeless, hungry etc……..
Old 04-17-2022, 06:29 AM

Companies should stay out of politics. Pandering to a small group of radicals (whatever the issue) will cost them profits.

Get woke, go broke.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Throw the baby out with the bath water?
Ambiguous genitalia - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I don't think men playing mens' sports should be allowed to earn more than women in womens' sports. I don't think a man OR a woman should earn more in a professional sport than a teacher, or a nurse, or a truck driver. It won't stop me from buying whatever the heck I want to buy.
One day when you have some time read a book about economics or even learn something about how capitalism works.

And what is stopping you from buying whatever you desire.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
That is sage advice but I will buy what I choose to at least while we are still a free country
Your words, Free Country! So let people do as they please! It's a free country after all right? LOL
Old 04-17-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Well first it was Nike. Threw away or gave to charity all all my Nike stuff including a golf bag and would never buy anything with a swoosh on it again. Now Adidas is running a commercial pushing transgender women in sports.
Pretty soon I will be barefoot
agree with that and have done the same. will add addidas. only power we have is power of the $
Old 04-17-2022, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I mean, if I'm going to pick a sports company as my hill to die on, I would just - stop buying from that company. Maybe use a magic marker to blacken the swoosh on my sneakers or whatever.

But throwing away perfectly good clothing/gear is basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. You already paid for it. You can't undo that.

I don't wear Nike or Adidas stuff because I'm not into sports-branded clothing. But I really don't give a flying furt if their advertisements have men, women, transgender, black, white, disabled, poor, wealthy, Muslim, Baptist, or whatever else. They want everyone to buy their stuff. And so, they're marketing to everyone.

Unless you feel that transgender people shouldn't be allowed to buy Nike and Adidas clothing? Because if that's the case, it sounds more like a "you" problem.
Nah, it really becomes “it’s” problem when a man, who now thinks he should be sporting boobs and a vagina, goes into the bathroom with my granddaughter; it won’t be pretty.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuly914 View Post
Your words, Free Country! So let people do as they please! It's a free country after all right? LOL
I am not threatening to go shopping with anyone to monitor what they buy. Also did you understand the “ while we are still a free country “ comment? Enjoy it while you can
Old 04-17-2022, 07:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Nah, it really becomes “it’s” problem when a man, who now thinks he should be sporting boobs and a vagina, goes into the bathroom with my granddaughter; it won’t be pretty.
Bingo. Thank you for laying that out so people can understand the situation that our kids an grandkids will have to deal with even after Grandpa is gone
Old 04-17-2022, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
All you experts in a man is a man and a woman is a woman... What is a person with XXY chromosomes? What is a person with XO? What is a person with XYY? What is a person with ovotestes? What is a person who has cliteromegaly that mimics in all respects a small phallus? What is a person whose brain tells them beyond any shadow of a doubt they are a woman? You experts are so certain in your ignorance and intolerance. The genders are not as simple as you wish or your church may have taught you. It is very complex and the exceptions to your wrongheaded wisdom prove the fallacy of your beliefs.

Of course you would support forcing teachers not to teach the truth about gender identity because telling children the truth would threaten your so tightly held beliefs. There is every color of the rainbow in human expression and experience of sexuality and gender.

And any corporation that understands how the emerging picture of the complexity of gender must be boycotted. Cancel culture I believe is the term the thought police use on TV
The complexity is in the nature of what can go wrong, the possibilities of maladjustments , biological, phycological are of course endless. The reason for the genetic differences, male/female has been shown to offer great advantages as has been shown by many millions of years of evolution, and clearly those differences have a profound, pervasive effect that can not be wished away. It is not hate or intolerance to state a fact
Old 04-17-2022, 07:24 AM

Thank you! If everyone would do this, we could send a strong message. I’ll add Adidias to my extensive boycott list.
Closed Thread

Tags
adidas, nike, commercial, swoosh, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.