Is no one happy?

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You haven't come by me then. I wave at Walkers, Joggers and Golf cart drivers. Some get a hand wave some a head nod. Haven't needed to Salute yet as that's reserved for nasty people. Welcome aboard and don't mind some people not waving TV is a friendly place.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Just proves that snowbirds are more friendly!
of course they are they left the cold weather state to play golf; l.o.l.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Eternal Member

I wouldn't judge the friendliness of a person on whether they wave or not. Some people are in their own world thinking about things or enjoying the landscape or even just watching the cart path. There have been a lot of accidents and some people get nervous when carts are getting close to them.
I love people. I can't wave at every cart that passes by. I may smile or nod and sometimes I'm talking to the person riding with me.
Sometimes when someone waves & I realize it, they have already passed me.
Not everyone is a waver, but it doesn't mean they aren't friendly & nice people.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
In the 5 weeks I've been here, I have travelled a lot in my cart and I wave at EVERYONE I meet. With the exception of 1 PERSON, no one waves back. My wife has even noticed this. Am I just meeting a lot of people too good to wave back or are there a lot of unhappy people?
Do you have a Razorback logo on the front of your cart???

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:50 AM

I don't always wave and I'm perfectly happy living here.

Sometimes I don't spot a wave until it's too late to respond. Other times I'm talking to my husband, other times, I'm thinking about a work project or I'm distracted by something going on in my life like my son who has deployed--again--to Afghanistan, or I'm thinking about my grandchildren. Other times, I'm the driver and I'm busy paying attention to the "road" and what the driver ahead of me is doing. Every now and again, I catch the wave on time and respond in kind. But not always. That said, I'm still a pretty friendly, nice person. If you didn't judge me based on whether or not I waved back at you while in my golf cart, you and your wife would probably like me.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM
Default Friends in strange places

Contact Southoftheborder....he has a person in his neighborhood waving to him all the time and is concerned he waves too much....Is anyone too happy?
Old 06-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I wouldn't judge the friendliness of a person on whether they wave or not. Some people are in their own world thinking about things or enjoying the landscape or even just watching the cart path. There have been a lot of accidents and some people get nervous when carts are getting close to them.
I love people. I can't wave at every cart that passes by. I may smile or nod and sometimes I'm talking to the person riding with me.
Sometimes when someone waves & I realize it, they have already passed me.
Not everyone is a waver, but it doesn't mean they aren't friendly & nice people.
What Bonnie said.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

When I moved here I did not expect everyone to wave as they passed...........
Old 06-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

They don't wave because there are too many golf carts passing each other. If you go to a motorcycle event such as Leesburg bike week, or Daytona bike week, you will rarely see bikers wave to each other because there are just too many bikes, that if they did wave, they would be doing nothing else. The same bikers will wave any other time.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
It's almost universal here. I've seen restaurant staff do it, golf shop staff do it....and now I do it. Just enclosed 3 carts last week in Bonifay during a pouring rain. I have no idea who they belonged to, but at least they were dry when they left.
You know, I was at Bonifay last week and when it began to rain, I started to put the enclosure down on a cart next to mine (notice the key word is "started") when the owner came out running of the golf shop and screaming "what the "f" are you doing"? I told him I was just trying to keep his stuff from getting wet. With that, he screamed "don't ever touch my f'ing cart again". I stayed calm and professional throughout the cussing I got, though I do wish he had crossed the line and tried to put hands on me. As I was leaving, I noticed he had a New Jersey license plate on the back of his cart. Next time when it starts to rain, you can be assured I won't touch another cart. I'm beginning to think the phrase "Florida's Friendliest Hometown" is a misnomer.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
You know, I was at Bonifay last week and when it began to rain, I started to put the enclosure down on a cart next to mine (notice the key word is "started") when the owner came out running of the golf shop and screaming "what the "f" are you doing"? I told him I was just trying to keep his stuff from getting wet. With that, he screamed "don't ever touch my f'ing cart again". I stayed calm and professional throughout the cussing I got, though I do wish he had crossed the line and tried to put hands on me. As I was leaving, I noticed he had a New Jersey license plate on the back of his cart. Next time when it starts to rain, you can be assured I won't touch another cart. I'm beginning to think the phrase "Florida's Friendliest Hometown" is a misnomer.
Again, I don't think that has anything to do with being a nice friendly person. Not everyone wants their stuff touched by someone they don't know. They may have personal things in their cart. Some people keep some money in their cart. I don't think anyone would think of going into someone's car. Golf cart is the same thing. I wouldn't want anyone to be putting the sides down on my golf cart.
Why would you have wanted him to put his hands on you and what difference does it make if his plate said New Jersey ?
Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Profanity

I feel sorry for a person that has to scream profanities to get the point across concerning someone putting down the covers on the golf cart.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Again, I don't think that has anything to do with being a nice friendly person. Not everyone wants their stuff touched by someone they don't know. They may have personal things in their cart. Some people keep some money in their cart. I don't think anyone would think of going into someone's car. Golf cart is the same thing. I wouldn't want anyone to be putting the sides down on my golf cart.
Why would you have wanted him to put his hands on you and what difference does it make if his plate said New Jersey ?
I agree!
Is this guy looking for a fight?
How does a villager remain professional, what does that mean?
Old 06-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Well, unless he keeps valuables and/or money rolled up in his enclosure, he didn't have any concern, because that's where my hands were. I can assure you, I will not be "Mr. Friendly and Courteous" again to anyone when it starts to pour rain. I dealt with enough a**holes and scum in my 25 year career as a LEO; why in the hell would I think it would be different here? Huh? I do not like to fight, didn't like it in my career, but he was way out of control with his screaming and profanities and maybe a gentle thump would have knocked some sense in him. The New Jersey reference, I was hoping he would be on TOTV and would read this to realize what an a** he was.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

I'm reminded of the old days when, if I saw a car in a parking lot with its lights on, I would very likely open the door and turn them off. That's when headlights were fairly predictably controlled by a push knob on the dashboard -- today, who knows! Those were also the days, at least where I grew up, when cars were left unlocked.

Quote:
I'm beginning to think the phrase "Florida's Friendliest Hometown" is a misnomer.
Well, it's a marketing slogan. There wasn't a Congressional hearing on it or anything.
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, wave, back, people, wife, unhappy, noticed, meeting, good, waves, meet, weeks, happy, travelled, cart, exception, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.