No Power to Lamp Posted ??

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2021, 04:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Check your GFCI plugs in the garage. There is a decent chance that one has tripped and your lamp post is wired to that plug.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:17 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte... 2 years... can't wait to be there more !!
Default Hello all... thanks for the reply's and suggestions

It ended up that the fix was to reset the GFCI that was farthest away from the Lamp Post... would never thought that the receptalce fattest away would feed my Lamp Post... antsy all is now working ...
Old 12-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I believe you are incorrect, ALL of the outlets in our garage are protected by GFCI either outlets or circuit breakers, this is a building code requirement. Several of the big box stores sell power testers 9these indicate power and co0rrect wiring) that have a button to test GFCI operation, I will guess if you get one these you will find that your garage outlets are protected. Also, if you add a GFCI in series with another GFCI BOTH may trip, so IMHO, test first otherwise you may need the electrician to find the 'other' GFCI.
Agreed. Of the 4 outlets in my garage, 2 are actual GFI outlets (with the reset button) and the other two have circuit breakers in the electrical panel...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
lamp, post, power, breakers, tested

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.