No special treatment for the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

How would limiting the number of new nursing home facilities help to hold down Medicare costs?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You're kidding, right? Who's the one talking about "hypocrisy" and "hate". I suggest you take your own advice.
Exactly! Great reply!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones190 View Post
Has anyone thought about 102,000 people with no post office,maybe the Developer can run a community much better than our government
You know, The Morses built a post office for the villages to have and the USPS still refused to let that happen. The building is what is currently the woodworking shop for the villagers. Its intended purpose was originally a post office, and it was built and paid for by the developer.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
I am sure that you have never seen the "other" Talk about the village site.So slow down ,take a deep breath. Yes to others outside of the bubble here they have much to say about the villagers.So take my advice.
Why would you care what someone who lives elsewhere thinks about where you live?
If I decided to say that I don't like people in some particular town, I certainly can't imagine that they would even know, much less care. Some people just decide they don't like someone or someplace when they don't know them or have never been there.
There will always be judgemental, negative people around. Usually it means they are unhappy with themselves or their lot in life.
Unfortunately, there are a few on this site, and they have a hard time with the happiness others feel. Maybe they have reasons for that.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
You're right Gracie, Jimbo was giving both sides and I think some people didn't read it all the way through. By the way, on your way over to kick Jimbo stop by..on second thought, I'll get Jimbo and Cathy to stop by and you can come over and kick him here (but please, do it gently! I don't think solar casts have been invented yet).
I'm designing one now!!! that I'm stuck sitting around.

It will generate heat to the affected area increase blood flow and get the endorphins cooking.

We would like to do that. I'll run (well limp) over anytime.

Ps: I guess I should have reversed the order of the two articles?????
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 PM

Wow! It's amazing how follow-up posts get spun out of control and away from the original statement. I had to take a dose of Dramamine for motion sickness. If there was a deal made giving a developer or other entity an advantage over a law that was enacted to apply to ALL entities in the state, then it is wrong whether you like the developer or not. The Villages is NOT the only age restricted community in the state no matter what the population and it is certainly not confined to a small area as a previous post intimated (it effects 3 different counties). I'm sure other communities who have senior populations would love to have similar facilities within their gates but can't. I don't recall earlier posts having claimed that "most" or "all" non-Villagers hate us but I personally have heard comments from other area senior developments that are far from complimentary, some a few years before we moved here.
Thank you Gracie Girl. I don't often agree with your posts but I like your approach on this one.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by djl8412 View Post

Wow! It's amazing how follow-up posts get spun out of control and away from the original statement. I had to take a dose of Dramamine for motion sickness. If there was a deal made giving a developer or other entity an advantage over a law that was enacted to apply to ALL entities in the state, then it is wrong whether you like the developer or not. The Villages is NOT the only age restricted community in the state no matter what the population and it is certainly not confined to a small area as a previous post intimated (it effects 3 different counties). I'm sure other communities who have senior populations would love to have similar facilities within their gates but can't. I don't recall earlier posts having claimed that "most" or "all" non-Villagers hate us but I personally have heard comments from other area senior developments that are far from complimentary, some a few years before we moved here.
Thank you Gracie Girl. I don't often agree with your posts but I like your approach on this one.

I just read back over all of your posts to get a sense of what it is that you find important and how you feel about other issues.

I still don't know, but it is kind of you to agree this time. I will try to do better.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
[/COLOR]

I just read back over all of your posts to get a sense of what it is that you find important and how you feel about other issues.

I still don't know, but it is kind of you to agree this time. I will try to do better.
I was absent on the board for quite a while until earlier this week. In addition to this topic I posted strong opinions on golf course conditions. Sorry to cause you the research time.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Agreeing with the political method or not.... I can't imagine anyone with a stake in TV being disappointed about it.

Think about what happens if you have the need and the service is not available.

Besides, if you look at the demographics of TV and the 3 counties. It is a statistical outlier in terms of the 65 and older age band compared to the size of the general population. By any normal measure, the TV area is probably due more Nursing home capacity. The state would want imbalances pointed out proactively rather than wait till there is a crisis.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.