Noise Pollution

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtyard View Post
We moved here especially because we had to endure ten years in a multi-family neighborhood with excessive Noise from teenage music and loud cars.
The quiet was a draw for us, too. So far, haven't seen the quiet. Most contractors seem to buy trucks with loud mufflers. Everyone has a different contractor for this and for that. They come in loud any day of the week. I had one sit in his truck yesterday blaring his comedy album. At one point the comedian said F*** this and F*** that. I was outside working in the yard and I noticed that he would wait until a lady or group of ladies were walking dogs and replay that section as they walked by the tinted-windows of his/her loud truck -- I guess to have fun attempting to offend.

As far as multi-generational and teenagers -- didn't leave that behind either. In my new neighborhood, there are still teenagers. Not 30 day visitors either, full families raising kids in the villages. I spoke to one family at the family pool and they were under 50 with 3 kids. They said they were living in the villages on a year rental until they decide if Florida is for them or not -- the husband has just been transferred and the wife was a stay-at-home mother. They were nice, so that was a plus -- and figured it wasn't my job to discuss deed restrictions and renter rules. Another guy is under 45 and raising his 14 or 15 year old alone in a house on the same street. This same guy goes to the quiet pool and blasts AC/DC and Hip Hop music every time.

Apparently, so many people have been bothered by this that a white Villages neighborhood watch truck comes by the quiet pool every 30 minutes each day as a result.

I'm not hating The Villages, but I figured things were going to be a little different -- I guess I am a little disappointed. And yes, I know anyone can buy in The Villages, but was told that not everyone can live in The Villages.

Last edited by BigSteph; 09-14-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Document, photograph daily with your cell if necessary and report. This community is based on self monitoring. The Villages respond to reports. They need to be valid though and not just plain harassment. Check deed restrictions. You will be doing us all a favor.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh please..noise..be grateful u can still hear
What?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-14-2021, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

Same here. We bought a small house on the last street in our village. No through traffic...
Old 09-14-2021, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Do you notice how loud and obnoxious trucks, cars, motorcycles are on the TV streets?

Some days I can't carry on a conversions with friends while my windows rattle from the exhaust noise.

Those are modified/broken exhaust systems on those vehicles and should be against the law.

Most retirement community's are 55 yrs.+, wouldn't you think at that age, they would have it out of their system?

We have air pollution, water pollution, and now noise pollution.

Your Thoughts Please
Nothing more noisy than Harley with straight pipes ( baffles removed) or weed eater, blower with muffler baffles removed.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Nothing more noisy than Harley with straight pipes ( baffles removed) or weed eater, blower with muffler baffles removed.
Yes, but hubby tells me Harley is working on an electric bike. I like them very quiet. The fun in riding for me is in the actual skill of riding. Our BMW LT is quieter than many gas golf carts.

The lawn people drive me nuts! But I keep repeating to myself, they are making noise for a good reason.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes, but hubby tells me Harley is working on an electric bike. I like them very quiet. The fun in riding for me is in the actual skill of riding. Our BMW LT is quieter than many gas golf carts.

The lawn people drive me nuts! But I keep repeating to myself, they are making noise for a good reason.

Electric Harley’s will never sell.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I back up to a through street, a couple of blocks from the fire station. The main street noise I notice is the firemen driving their huge fire truck past my house with the sirens going and honking their horn as they blast through the four-way stop at the corner, three houses down. It seems to happen twice a day, right at meal times, and they always seem to be headed North to Highway 42. I've about decided they're just making a BBQ run to Artman's.

On the other hand, I've noticed that the older I get, the more the noise of people having fun without me bothers me, which is odd, since my hearing's getting so bad I have to blast the TV a full volume just to make out what they're saying half the time. So maybe it's just me.

But the great thing about living long enough to see the 21st century, is that now there's a place you can always go to complain about stuff like that -- the interwebs!
Someone burns their dinner everyday, lol.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We have zero noise from traffic at our house. One day we were sitting on the lanai and the entire fire department was in front of our house and we didn’t hear them. We do hear the trains which we love. Also I do like wind chimes but don’t have any at my house.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default I can’t help thinking this post is a set up

Quote:
Do you notice how loud and obnoxious trucks, cars, motorcycles are on the TV streets?

Some days I can't carry on a conversions with friends while my windows rattle from the exhaust noise.

Those are modified/broken exhaust systems on those vehicles and should be against the law.

Most retirement community's are 55 yrs.+, wouldn't you think at that age, they would have it out of their system?

We have air pollution, water pollution, and now noise pollution.

Your Thoughts Please
but if noise is bothering you here , then I can only suggest monastery with monks who have taken an oath of silence
Old 09-14-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteph View Post
The quiet was a draw for us, too. So far, haven't seen the quiet. Most contractors seem to buy trucks with loud mufflers. Everyone has a different contractor for this and for that. They come in loud any day of the week. I had one sit in his truck yesterday blaring his comedy album. At one point the comedian said F*** this and F*** that. I was outside working in the yard and I noticed that he would wait until a lady or group of ladies were walking dogs and replay that section as they walked by the tinted-windows of his/her loud truck -- I guess to have fun attempting to offend.

As far as multi-generational and teenagers -- didn't leave that behind either. In my new neighborhood, there are still teenagers. Not 30 day visitors either, full families raising kids in the villages. I spoke to one family at the family pool and they were under 50 with 3 kids. They said they were living in the villages on a year rental until they decide if Florida is for them or not -- the husband has just been transferred and the wife was a stay-at-home mother. They were nice, so that was a plus -- and figured it wasn't my job to discuss deed restrictions and renter rules. Another guy is under 45 and raising his 14 or 15 year old alone in a house on the same street. This same guy goes to the quiet pool and blasts AC/DC and Hip Hop music every time.

Apparently, so many people have been bothered by this that a white Villages neighborhood watch truck comes by the quiet pool every 30 minutes each day as a result.

I'm not hating The Villages, but I figured things were going to be a little different -- I guess I am a little disappointed. And yes, I know anyone can buy in The Villages, but was told that not everyone can live in The Villages.
Report the kids…….
https://districtgov.org/departments/...andardsFAQ.pdf
Old 09-14-2021, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteph View Post

This same guy goes to the quiet pool and blasts AC/DC and Hip Hop music every time.

What is a quiet pool? TV has Priority Pools, Regional Pools, Neighborhood Pools, and Family Pools. Not one has a sign that says it’s a quiet pool. Neighborhood pools, are 30 and over, but rarely are they quite
Old 09-14-2021, 08:00 PM

I told me realtor not close to freeways or even major roads. I’ve done the busy roads and have heard the jerks in their cars. Usually young-uns
Old 09-14-2021, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

Here's some noise pollution for ya:

AC/DC - Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (Official Video) - YouTube
Old 09-15-2021, 04:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Your Thoughts Please
Seriously???? at that age? what are you 99? where is it written that after 55 everything goes dead?

Not only is that idea ridiculous and ignorant it's also insulting. I feel sorry for whoever has to live with you, you must be a real treat.

SMH

Tags
pollution, noise, exhaust, trucks, retirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.