Noise and smell of neighbors dryer.

Old 02-28-2024, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
Lol...What sound comes from the prison? There is just as much traffic along 441 as there is the turnpike and let's not talk about the amount of crime committed north of 466. I can think of two homicides and three home invasions recently.
Traffic on 441 doesn’t zoom along at 75/80 MPH with trucks down shifting in your back yard as homes right along the Turnpike. The two roadways have a different type of traffic noise.

Seems there are homes that are in much closer proximity to the Turnpike than to 441. Driving south on the Turnpike many of those homes that line the Turnpike are a stone’s throw away. I wouldn’t care how huge of a discount homeowners were given, it would never be worth it to me.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,299 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
That's interesting because I too felt bad about a neighbor being bothered by a nearby noisy, smelly dryer. AND, I immediately thought of my own pet peeve - the NOISE and SMELL of all the GASOLINE golf carts driving by my yard. At least the dryer hot air does NOT rise into the upper atmosphere and mess up the CLIMATE.
What if it's a GAS dryer?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,517 Posts

Out of the two homes I have owned in the Villages, both had dryer exhaust venting out of the roof, not the side of the home. It is not the neighbor's responsibility to coddle you. If trivial things like this are the basis for your irritable demeanor, then perhaps someone can suggest a suitable physician, one that specializes in those suffering from a form of Hyperacusis. As for my contributing suggestion as a remedy for your discomfort, I would suggest a home with approximately five acres of land separating your home from your nearest neighbor. Although, beware because wildlife noises can also be overwhelming to some folks that are sensitive to noises produced from the living.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,442 Times in 2,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtyard View Post
Our annoying fragrance smell is from the rental next door. The rental company used to do all their laundry at that rental. So we would have that smell all day long. I'll bet the owners of the rental don't know they have a big electric and water bill for some unknown reason!

...........or that the cleaners are doing their own and families washing at the house as well.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,676 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Out of the two homes I have owned in the Villages, both had dryer exhaust venting out of the roof, not the side of the home. It is not the neighbor's responsibility to coddle you. If trivial things like this are the basis for your irritable demeanor, then perhaps someone can suggest a suitable physician, one that specializes in those suffering from a form of Hyperacusis. As for my contributing suggestion as a remedy for your discomfort, I would suggest a home with approximately five acres of land separating your home from your nearest neighbor. Although, beware because wildlife noises can also be overwhelming to some folks that are sensitive to noises produced from the living.
OP is just looking for a tip, not a snarky lecture. Be kind.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,689 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
Lol...What sound comes from the prison? There is just as much traffic along 441 as there is the turnpike and let's not talk about the amount of crime committed north of 466. I can think of two homicides and three home invasions recently.
I am kept awake at night by the sound of all of those tin cups rattling across the iron bars. Can't you hear that?

Dryer balls? I must have a eunuch. Can't find them anywhere.
Old 02-29-2024, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I am kept awake at night by the sound of all of those tin cups rattling across the iron bars. Can't you hear that?

Dryer balls? I must have a eunuch. Can't find them anywhere.
Large 100% Organic Wool Dryer Balls | The Company Store
Old 02-29-2024, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyP View Post
Could be the dryer sheet smell they choice bother you. You can buy different scents.start out like what scents are you using go from there ask to change. I have a smoker across the street and have a dog to take out. I have asthma it effect me and he thinks it’s a joke that I wave it away and cough. My mom die from lung cancer from smoking ! No joke to me.
Many people don't understand how toxic perfumes, household cleaning solutions, etc can be. Makes many people very sick to have to inhale this. That's why many offices now ask their employees to not over do the perfumes, body sprays.

Maybe you can try putting a nice note on their door? Just be very polite and explain that you have allergies (or whatever). I'm sure they probably have no idea that it's going directly to your lanai.

GL!

Tags
dryer, noise, smell, neighbors, sinuses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.