Nonresident posters

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Frankly, didn't find out about Talk of The Villages until last year. Funny thing---- a friend who doesn't even live in TV told me about this site. A couple of months went by and he ask me again if I checked it out. I finally found time to check it out and as they say----the rest is history. I don't play golf as much as I did ( ol' back won't handle more than 3 times a week) and I don't follow stocks like I did in the past so I have more time. I still can't believe the number of posts some have made on this site. Are you on day and night?? Many of you are obviously very knowledgeable and intelligent about a number of subjects.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Frankly, didn't find out about Talk of The Villages until last year. Funny thing---- a friend who doesn't even live in TV told me about this site. A couple of months went by and he ask me again if I checked it out. I finally found time to check it out and as they say----the rest is history. I don't play golf as much as I did ( ol' back won't handle more than 3 times a week) and I don't follow stocks like I did in the past so I have more time. I still can't believe the number of posts some have made on this site. Are you on day and night?? Many of you are obviously very knowledgeable and intelligent about a number of subjects.
Many are personal friends, and I've been guilty of using the forum as almost a chatroom on a rare occasion. Plus they may do lots of "Agree" or similar short posts. That adds up over time to the number of posts reached by some.

It would be helpful if the OP gave an example. You can get so general it makes it hard for others to fully understand their intent.

Some topics are "resident specific" such as accidents, sink holes in a specific village, etc. Then there are topics such as insurance, or how to obtain a driver's license, that anyone in Florida can answer...and be "authoritative".

Anyway, we will be FROGS this time next week, so OP can take one off his list! (Just kidding here. . . after dealing with all the issues involved with getting to 5-days before moving, my brain is fried, body is weary, patience is short. . . but I know paradise is waiting!)

See y'all in "lower paradise" real soooooooon!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.