A not so warm welcome/ need advice

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Oh dear! So sorry you have a neighbor like that! Perhaps you should take cookies and apoliziged, though you really don't owe one.
Great suggestion!

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Email Reported As Spam

It causes one to pause to see that some people actually believe that animals and humans are equal in all ways and as such everyone just has to tolerate their misbehavior. And yet some of these same people have said on this very thread rudeness by people shouldn't be tolerated.

Logic would dictate that the animal's behavior mimics that of its owner.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

A few years ago, one of our new neighbors had a Rottweiler (sp?) that got loose while I was out gardening in my yard. She is a love, but I did not know that at the time when she came bounding over to me. Being a dog owner myself, I was not panicked, but was a bit nervous because of her breed & because I had not met her yet. It was just a slice of life that ended well, but may not have...

I agree with both of Patty55's posts & also one of the others that recommended being friendly to all the neighbors with a wave. I would not bother to apologize now. It is water over the dam at this point. Just move forward showing all that you are a friendly, responsible neighbor.

Welcome to The Villages. You will love it here!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Oh dear! So sorry you have a neighbor like that! Perhaps you should take cookies and apoliziged, though you really don't owe one.
If the cookies and apology doesn't work, mail them a box of EXLAX!!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy&Jeff View Post
I like Patty55's idea too, and also agree that you don't owe anymore apologies. I just moved here too, and have 'vocal' dogs when I am walking them.. I have been told by more than one person their behavior wasn't acceptable. I wish you lived close to ME.. we could take our dogs for walks together! Your big ones and my two little ones (that bark at everyone) would REALLY be the talk of the neighborhood!
People complain to you because your dogs are barking while walking? Sheesh. That's utterly ridiculous. It's not like you're parking them at the end of their driveway so they can bark incessantly.

There's a couple of doxies around the corner and down a street from us who, when they pass Crosby on his walk, go into a fear-aggressive attack frenzy. At first we would stay on our side of the street and just keep moving. After learning that they're not going to get used to him, we now take a different route. Life is too short for all this angst.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 AM

Sorry to learn about your first impression that was NOT so good. But give it some time and the over whelming majority of Village friendliness will put that memory in the distant past. Too many good things here in the Villages to allow for one negative encounter to ruin your happy retirement. Best wishes!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Sage

The OP has not mentioned if Community Watch, Animal Control, or CDD responded to the calls the neighbor made and what, if anything, they said to do.

Was there any two way confrontation between the OP and the neighbor when the dog was back in control of the OP?

Just wondering - no accusations either way.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
The OP has not mentioned if Community Watch, Animal Control, or CDD responded to the calls the neighbor made and what, if anything, they said to do.

Was there any two way confrontation between the OP and the neighbor when the dog was back in control of the OP?

Just wondering - no accusations either way.
Yes, please tell us the rest of the story. I'm particularly interested in what CW would do. I'm guessing just an admonition, like--watch your dog more carefully?
Old 05-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseylou View Post
We've all ready had a major run- in with our down the street neighbor.
Our youngest dog, a 100 lb golden retriever saw someone new and went running to say hi. He NEVER EVER got close to her or touched her,
The neighbor called neighborhood watch, animal control and the cdc because we are still moving in and haven't moved the trailer.
I'm hearing from our direct next door neighbors that we are trouble makers and my dog actually bit her
If that had happened, he would be at animal control and she would have had to go to the ER.
I know the dogs should not have escaped, but he didn't give us a chance to apologize before he went ape crazy
I don't want to have enemies, but he has me so rattled that I'm afraid to step outside because I feel like he's spying on me
Please let the TOTV readers know how you decided to handle the situation with your irate neighbor.
We are interested and supportive.
I hope the rest of your neighbors have been welcoming,
and that you're feeling more comfortable in your new home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.