Now It Is Our Turn!

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 AM

Let me add my own congratulations and say "welcome neighbor". I also own in Amelia and really like this village . . . you will too.

I'll add my 3 cents worth to what the others have said. YES, you will want to have pest control service as soon as you close. Don't think because you're not here it won't matter. Once the critters get established you may have a hard time getting rid of them and that won't be fun. I use Mike's Maintenance and never see an unwanted visitor (o.k. maybe a tiny spider in the garage once in a while). The cost is well worth the peace of mind.

Hope to see you real soon and . . . we'll keep the light on for you.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Veteran member
Default welcome to TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1HawkeyeFan View Post
On Sunday we made the right decision...we bought our new home in Amelia while on our second lifestyle preview! We close on May 8th and are very excited. It will take some time to transition from Iowa, but the process has begun for us. Our goal was to live down South by the time I turned 55...and I turn 55 in a few months so we hit it pretty close.

TV is the only place we have found that has the lifestyle and ammenities we wanted. We have things to wind down and a house to sell, but we have a destination...and the rest will work out. Our initial thought was to be in TV full-time by November 1st but we will see how everything else works out. At least we have a place to move to and we couldn't be happier.

Here is a question we would like an answer to: The sales Rep is telling us that we need to have regular pest control services. Once we are in our home full time we expect that would be worthwhile, but since there will be several months initially where we will only be there for a few days at a time is it really necessary?

Also, This is a stick built home, and I see from the postings that most favor termite control contracts, but am wondering if this should be done later as well. Thoughts?

#1HawkeyeFan
Welcome to TV. I do see one small problem for you with your name.
I have friends in Lynnhaven that bleed Hawkeye yellow. You can't help but notice them in their golf chart. Hope you guys get together.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.