Nurse needing f/t job before moving to TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Default Nurse needing f/t job before moving to TV

Whartonjelly (cute name): I'm from NJ, making good money. I know I would have to take a cut in pay to work near TV. That's ok. Wondering though, how easy or hard it is to find a job there. Full-time. Specialty is psychiatric nursing, certified. Heard a new VA hospital was opening soon. Is that close to TV? When? I would be indebted to you to answer some questions or put me in touch with anywone who can give me some sound info. I will be down for Lifestyle preview in Feb. or March. HELP!!!!! Thanks in advance.

p.s. Would love any suggestions or opinions from others too.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Sage
Default Re: Nurse needing f/t job before moving to TV

Jerseygirl - I did receive a reply from both Whartonjelly and VillagerJudy (sic?) about nursing jobs in TV. They indicated that there were numerous and ongoing opportunities at TVRH and Leesburg regional. Not sure about Psych nursing though. You can check the current openings at these two here. You can check the current openings at these two here http://www.leesburgregional.net/employment/index.php

There are new CCRC's opening up in the area as well as a new VA. I would think they have some Psych openings.

I'm currently in nursing school in Boston with an eye towards TV in a few years. (I'm currently a software engineer) Not sure what I want to specialize in. They indicated that the pay is around $25-$30 per hour + shift differential for seasoned nurses.* Less than here in Boston but then again you can't drive to work in your golf cart up here :joke:
Old 12-07-2007, 07:09 PM

I dont believe there is a new VA hospital opening, but there is the Villages hospital and I believe they are in need of nurses and in Leesburg there is a hospital that is always needing help. Leesburg is only 12 miles away.Ocala has two hospitals and is only 45min away
drd
Old 12-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

There is going to be a new VA hospital built in Mulberry or that area on 42. I think the paper had it will take about 2 years to have it open. They do have the VA clinic in Laurel Manor, and a clinic in Leesburg as well as the VA hospital in Gainesville and Lake City. Shands hospital is across the street from the VA hospital in Gainesville.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Dennis G, Russ Boston and others: Thanks so much for your responses. I will be scheduling my Lifestyle Preview tomorrow and I'm so excited about coming down to TV. As usual, very helpful info. Thanks Brandonma5 for your private email.

Russ Boston: Good luck in your endeavor to change careers. I went from receptionist to medical transcriptionist to surgical unit secretary/clerk (all during the raising of 3 kids) to nursing school at age 45. Smartest thing I ever did. Mid life is a pretty cool thing. Thanks again to all of you. Anymore suggestions, opinions on this topic would be appreciated. I'm very interested in the new VA hospital, thanks Dennis G.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Hi there. I am a retired Jersey nurse myself and just bought a place in the Villages. A second home for now but hubby and I hope to be there more often in the future. We love the VIllages but have his 89y/o mom up here. You will just love the Villages when you get there. We think it is Pardise on Earth! or Disney for Seniors!!! Good luck in your visit. I am going down in Jan into Feb myself for a couple weeks and can't wait!!!! take care and Happy Holiday. Fitzie
Old 12-16-2007, 04:44 AM

Again, thanks to all who replied. Talking with Jan Spradley (heard her on the radio broadcast from TV the other day - WOR out of NY). A friend of mine, who knows I plan to visit TV, called me and said, "You won't believe this but Joan Hamburg (I think that her last name) from WOR is broadcasting from your favorite place. Turn on WOR". I will be scheduling my LSP for mid April. Can't wait.

BTW, icy and chilling up here in good 'ole NJ today. Enjoy the sun and temp.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 PM

Would you be interested in Full Time Live In (Elderly Care) for my Dad who is 81. He requires help with Bathing, Toileting, Eating, Meals, House cleaning, etc. He is a diabetic, has dialysis 3 times a week and is having some mental lapses. He resides in The Villages with my Mom who is 79 and has her own issues.

Joe
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Sage

This is an almost 7 year old thread and the OP has long since secured employment.

If you have a current need, suggest you start a new thread under the Contractors and Services area.

Good luck.... a tough situation to face.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:26 PM

Your best bet is to call the Florida Area Agency on Aging 1800-96-ELDER. They can give you the telephone number of the local area agency that services The Villages. The local area agency will have a list of all home health agencies that service the area. The list will include certified, licensed and non-licensed private pay agencies. Call each agency on the list and ask about rates and availability. That will give you a good place to start.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.