NYE update, meeting w/VPAA 4/23?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Gold member
Default Re: UPDATED 4/9 Brainstorming a NYE party

Rokinronda: The idea is a fantastic one . New Years under the stars. What could be more fun. TV is big enough to host parties on the squares and at the Polo Fields,. I think they each appeal to a certain crowd and age group. If the square parties are going to conclude at 9, then those who want to continue celebrating, could begin to gather at the Polo Field.
I will help any way I can to see this happen. Sincerely hope the Performing Arts Center (which we need ) becomes a reality and we can partner with them to make both the center and the party happen.
Rock On!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Your letter was well done. I don't think it could have been better.

Let's hope.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Platinum member

UPDATE.........4/12 The president of the VPAA has contacted me and I wanted to let everyone know the issue is on the next meetings agenda!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage
Default Re: UPDATED 4/12 Brainstorming a NYE party

Ronda, please see my other post. But wanted to know if this is an open meeting or if you need any of us to go with you or write letters??? GREAT JOB GIRL! You're :#1:
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Gold member

Just finished reading all of the post. Rok you wrote a great letter. Thank you. Letter sounds just like the Rok I know.

Have been involved in planning and organizing events and would love to help. I believe I still have one of the organization charts that was used. Made things easier and everyone knew what there responsibility was from the start.

I personally feel this should be a village residents only party otherwise numbers can become unmanageable. Leesburgh did a great job for NYE last year.

In one of the events that we participate in I contacted the local police and volunteer ambulance association to be at the event in case we needed them. The police were there primarily to help with traffic control.

Also had different events going on, sold spaces to vendors as a way of raising more money and of course sold raffle tickets. Raised approximately $2,000 selling tickets and would have made more - but we put a time limitation on selling tickets.

Count us in as experienced helpers. If we do not get the polo fields then I would be willing to help with brainstorming for another place to hold the event.

HB
Old 04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Platinum member

The next meeting of the VPAA is on the 23rd of April, but the link to the site is down. I asked what time and where the meeting will be. I also offered to go to the meeting, if possible. I also asked why the website said it was "suspended" hhmmmmmm Does anyone know when the Villagers survey results will be out?? I'm sure there are lots of requests for NYE Villagers party!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Sage
Default Re: UPDATED 4/14 Brainstorming a NYE party

Nope. We never even got a survey to take part in. :dontknow: When did they come out? Were they in the mail?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Platinum member

yes, chels, about a month ago. :
Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Platinum member

Just rec'd EMAIL from president of VPAA and I have a business appt. that day! If there is anyone interested in representing TOTV NYE party hopefuls, this is an open invitation. I have explained my predicament, and will keep in touch with VPAA. Advance thanks to those who are interested! HERE IS THE EMAIL from Volunteers Performing Arts Authority. Rhonda,

We would like it if you, and your friends, could meet
with us immediately after our Steering Committee Meeting on
Wednesday the 23rd.

If possible, could you come to the conference room at
Community Bank and Trust on 466. It is about in the
center of the new banking area, west side of the
highway about a half-mile south of the high school.

We would most certainly like to meet you and answer
questions you may have.

11AM should see us finished with our Committee meeting
and then we will have time to talk with you.

Let me know,

Thanks,

VPAA

Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
BRAINSTORMING and Voila! Thanks TOTV for the link (favorites) about the committee that wants a performing Arts Center. They asked for ideas for fundraising and this is my letter to the committee president and vice president ....maybe they can help! .................................................. ..............Hello, Let me introduce myself, my name is Rhonda. I moved to The Villages in 2004 at age 48. We are the next generation of The Villages. Your site was quite impressive and I am wondering why it has not been updated. The generation arriving in central Florida will highly appreciate an accoustical performing arts center with quality entertainment and professional educational commitments. The link was provided at www.talkofthevillages.com . I had an idea for a great New Years Eve charity event and was asking how it could happen in the forums. The Polo fields would be the ideal place. Apparently, the Polo fields have been denied in the past. I am a very friendly, outspoken individual and I have found that Villages Residents, family and guests would love to have an outdoor venue for New Years Eve, under the stars, with a big countdown and fun entertainment. Maybe you know of another nearby site if the Polo Fields were unavailable. Many people in the talkofthevillages website have knowledge on how to coordinate a large event such as this: entertainment, staging, lighting, security, vendors, 1st night Buttons for sale everywhere! Even if people have other commitments, they would buy a button, just for your cause. You have the people, the charitable need and the expertise. The credentials displayed are overly impressive. I have been in the customer service workforce for 36 years, and I have a keen business sense and an undeniable love of music, theatre and the arts. If all of the Villagers, residents clubs, neighborhoods, and families were encouraged to attend an ARTSY NEW YEARS EXTRAVAGANZA to support a true arts center, this could be a huge success!! Just wanted to send my thoughts and wish you much success on a Performing Arts Center!! Feel free to reply with your thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
Just rec'd EMAIL from president of VPAA and I have a business appt. that day! If there is anyone interested in representing TOTV NYE party hopefuls, this is an open invitation. I have explained my predicament, and will keep in touch with VPAA. Advance thanks to those who are interested! HERE IS THE EMAIL from Volunteers Performing Arts Authority. Rhonda,

We would like it if you, and your friends, could meet
with us immediately after our Steering Committee Meeting on
Wednesday the 23rd.

If possible, could you come to the conference room at
Community Bank and Trust on 466. It is about in the
center of the new banking area, west side of the
highway about a half-mile south of the high school.

We would most certainly like to meet you and answer
questions you may have.

11AM should see us finished with our Committee meeting
and then we will have time to talk with you.

Let me know,

Thanks,

VPAA

Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Gold member
Default Re: UPDATED 4/16 Brainstorming a NYE party

Hi Rok,

Wish we were there to help.

HB
Old 04-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: UPDATED 4/16 Brainstorming a NYE party

Thanks, HB........I know there are many people who want a NYE party outdoors and are willing to help. I am committed to the VPAA as I think we need an unbiased entertainment venue, Not just Villages Entertainment, that will keep Villagers ideas alive and will be a future endeavor that will bring fine, varied entertainment to us!!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: NYE update, meeting w/VPAA 4/23?

BUMP
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.