O.K. I give up!

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2009, 01:33 PM

Thanks everyone all your messages have been such a boost and I am going to cheer up, visit as much as we can and try put the house back on the market in a few months I agree that the economy is beginning to recover slowly so things shoujd look brighter on the selling front for all us in a few months. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Default Symapthy

The deal we just had on our house has fallen apart and we are back to Square One. We are so disappointed but will continue to try to sell and get to TV.
I'm still praying to St. Joe. If he found us one buyer, there should be another SOMEWHERE!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
The deal we just had on our house has fallen apart and we are back to Square One. We are so disappointed but will continue to try to sell and get to TV.
I'm still praying to St. Joe. If he found us one buyer, there should be another SOMEWHERE!

I know your pain; we had a deal on our house last November but it fell through even after attorney review. We were quite upset and demoralized but after 4 more months on the market we suddenly had two offers within 2 days. We are now a little under 2 weeks from closing and are still keeping our fingers crossed that we don't have any last minute surprises.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Sage

Joanie, I'm truly sorry.

NJblue, good luck with your sale.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Smile Thank you St. Joseph!

Three weeks to the day! we have a full price offer on our home in Maine-next stop the Villages!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I know your pain; we had a deal on our house last November but it fell through even after attorney review. We were quite upset and demoralized but after 4 more months on the market we suddenly had two offers within 2 days. We are now a little under 2 weeks from closing and are still keeping our fingers crossed that we don't have any last minute surprises.
Oh man I sure as hell didn't need to hear this. I've been on pins & needles for a month. I picked a helluva time to quit drinkin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 PM

Congratulations to everyone who has sold or is near closing on their homes. Igt does happen I know and I know that it will happen for all. F16 I'm thinking all sorts of good thoughts that your sale goes through to closing without a hitch! I'msure it will.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Sage

Pins and needles and pitchforks and sabre saws for me too! I have had a couple come back 4 times and tell us they definitely want the house, they love it, its just what they have been looking for

I have been so excited and optomistic the last few weeks but so far NOTHING!!! NO CONTRACT NO MULA. Now I am nervous after hearing others stories about how things fall thru at the last minute. my realtor/neighbor/friend keeps telling me RELAX, DONT WORRY! Yea right, well obviously hes never been to The Villages, Im wasting my golden years!!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Platinum member
Default Drugs Gimme Drugs

OMG nONIE that stinks. Neighbors a year ago said they sold their home. Listed same time as us. No contract, no deposit, nuttin.... Never saw the peeps again. At least we DO have a contract and tomorrow the appraiser is suppose to be here. Gettin closer folks. Oh yeah you'll hear me when it's done.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Veteran member
Smile Good Luck Today F-16

Good luck with the appraiser today F-16, that is so stressful, and the inspection is really stressful, eventho you know everything is fine, its still tough on the nerves!
Nonie, it really sounds like these people are interested, maybe its the bank and lawyers that are dragging their heels . For all of us who make it thru this house selling baloney....deserve to live in TV!!
I had a similar story about two months ago, a cash buyer, no realtor fee, they offered me my asking price, all in writing etc. After six showings and 12 hours later with them....they backed out after a whole month of calling me everyday etc. . There is a new country song out lol...."God is great, the beer is good and people are crazy"! It kinda puts it in a nutshell lol .
Good luck to all of you, I hope we will all be there soon and can laugh about this "wonderful experience" lol.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Ouma - my hubby and I agree that this has been the most stressful time for us trying to sell this house. We packed up all of our non-essentials and put them in storage to be able to stage the house so it would show better. That was in March '08. We haven't felt like we live here for over a year. We have another showing tomorrow, and this will be showing #47. But I do agree with those that have said things are starting to pick up, even around here. We are seeing around one showing a week now! Bound to be a buyer soon!!! Take a break, but don't give up!!! We'll all meet and dance in the square when this is all over.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Pins and needles and pitchforks and sabre saws for me too! I have had a couple come back 4 times and tell us they definitely want the house, they love it, its just what they have been looking for

I have been so excited and optimistic the last few weeks but so far NOTHING!!! NO CONTRACT NO MULA. Now I am nervous after hearing others stories about how things fall thru at the last minute. my realtor/neighbor/friend keeps telling me RELAX, DONT WORRY! Yea right, well obviously hes never been to The Villages, Im wasting my golden years!!!!
As a retired real estate broker I can only emphasize. So many seemingly enthusiastic prospects turn into duds. It almost seems like the most vocal are the least sincere.
I used to tell my sellers not to get excited until the closing check clears the bank.
I also told them somewhere out there is someone who will buy their house.
I know it is a stressful time and I am not going to suggest you relax and not worry but keep it to a minimum.
Maybe the next prospect through the door is the one.
Good luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.