rainfall amounts

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Default rainfall amounts

Watch out for the rain this afternoon and tonight. Its in the forecast big time and there is a big storm system in the gulf heading right for us. Looks like were realy gonna get it. I got exactly an inch from the storms yesterday. Just what the grass needed. But today might be too much depending. Did anyone else get a reading from yesterdays storms friday 4/20. Also if you want to , you can probably safely turn off your irrigation for at least a week. That inch from yesterday will hold you for at least a week. Or longer if we get more today.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Sage

3/10's down near Hadley and Amelia
Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom60 View Post
Watch out for the rain this afternoon and tonight. Its in the forecast big time and there is a big storm system in the gulf heading right for us. Looks like were realy gonna get it. I got exactly an inch from the storms yesterday. Just what the grass needed. But today might be too much depending. Did anyone else get a reading from yesterdays storms friday 4/20. Also if you want to , you can probably safely turn off your irrigation for at least a week. That inch from yesterday will hold you for at least a week. Or longer if we get more today.
We didn't get anything in Hadley yesterday. I heard there was some rain in LSL last night but by the time I left for home, it was over. Hopefully, this rain today will actually hit us and not by-pass us like it has been for weeks. We need the rain.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Default Rained Friday Night in Hadley

Rain came at about 8:30 Friday night to Hadley (West Havana Trail area). Did not rain long. But the birds, ducks and what else loved it.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 04-21-2012, 11:48 AM

I forgot to think that maybe all of the villages did not get rained on. I was watching the storms come straight at us from the south right inside the sumter county line and it looked like all of the villages was going to get a direct hit. But i guess not. I am up in santo domingo and we got pounded right about when it got dark out. I think it lasted for at least an hour. I just looked at the radar and that big line of storms is still in the gulf heading right for us.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Watch out for the rain this afternoon and tonight. Its in the forecast big time and there is a big storm system in the gulf heading right for us. Looks like were realy gonna get it.

Rain to the rescue! (As long as it stops by Sunday afternoon...we have company coming in!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Sage

0.4 inch in Tamarind Grove
Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
Rain came at about 8:30 Friday night to Hadley (West Havana Trail area). Did not rain long. But the birds, ducks and what else loved it.
I'll 10-4 that. It was shortly after dark. I took off all my clothes, grabbed my back brush, bar of soap and rubber ducky, then went out and sang in the middle of our street what else but... "singing in the rain!"
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
you can probably safely turn off your irrigation for at least a week.
Newbie irrigation question: don't all houses have rain sensors that control whether the irrigation system kicks in?

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 04-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
Newbie irrigation question: don't all houses have rain sensors that control whether the irrigation system kicks in?
If they're working properly.

Bill
Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 PM

Live in Virginia Trace and we had almost an inch in our rain gauge this morning and looks like we will get some more this evening. Happy Days - just hope it is not a severe storm and just some good rain.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 PM

I got another 3/4 inch of rain today on top of the inch yesterday.Now it has stopped. Gotta check for tomorrows chances. I think its supposed to rain some more. So for now santo domingo is pretty well soaked. yahoo. Oh to answer the question i have a over ride position on my irrigation box in the garage. If i set it on run my sprinklers will come on unless we get a certain ammount of rain. If i set it on the override position my sprinklers will come on regardless of how much rain we get. I think thats how it works. The purpose of it is if you have your sprinklers set to come on and it rains before the start time , then the sensor will keep your sprinklers from coming on.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:47 PM

1 1/4 in in St Charles yesterday, right behind Sea Breeze. 1/2 in this evening, so far. Rain sensors are very unreliable.......
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Platinum member

Same here in Largo Hoppy!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
The sensors can be bypassed so the system will ignore any rain. The system can also be turned off without losing it's program if you think your yard has enough to last it awhile.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.