Old man from Spanish springs

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Old man from Spanish springs

There is a thread started about "water bottle lady".... Which got me thinking. I've been meaning to ask on here...has anyone seen the elderly gentleman who danced at Spanish Springs by himself? He was always with a wife (?) in a wheelchair? He was a hoot to watch and had an article written about him last year in the Sun. Haven't seen him in so long.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure, but I was told his name was George. He was a hoot. I've wondered about him myself.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Platinum member

Well thank goodness someone replied. I was beginning to think I dreamt him.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

They had a feature on him in the Sun about six months ago. All I can remember was he lives on the historic side and I believe he's 93 years old.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have not seen him either but when I talked to him in the winter he did say it's too hot to come out in summer. I hope that is why we have not seen him.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I have not seen him either but when I talked to him in the winter he did say it's too hot to come out in summer. I hope that is why we have not seen him.
I hope you're right.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:38 PM

George was there a few weeks ago and may have been there since. His friends told me that he fell and injured his knee. I don't recall if he ended-up having a replacement but it was a slow recovery.

As for his "wife" - she's not his wife. They are just very good friends that meet up there and from what I recall from the article, they also meet at Katie Bells on Wednesdays.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Sage

He isn't married to the lady in the wheelchair. They are just friends. He lives by himself. I had seen him during the winter months walking on Schwartz Blvd. with a walker and a physical therapist and the last time I saw him, about a week ago, he was walking without the walker. I always stop and talk to him and he always does a little jig and shakes my hand. He has a sparkle in his eyes and a beautiful smile.

I'm not sure what happened to him but his spirits are high. We offered to take him to the square anytime he wanted and his female therapist said she takes him on Mondays if he is feeling good and if the weather permits. Let's keep him in our prayers. It always does my heart good to see him.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Platinum member

Thanks much for the updates......yes, a sweet jovial man who makes everyone feel good. I'll keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery and a lot more evenings at the squares and Katie Belles.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
He isn't married to the lady in the wheelchair. They are just friends. He lives by himself. I had seen him during the winter months walking on Schwartz Blvd. with a walker and a physical therapist and the last time I saw him, about a week ago, he was walking without the walker. I always stop and talk to him and he always does a little jig and shakes my hand. He has a sparkle in his eyes and a beautiful smile.

I'm not sure what happened to him but his spirits are high. We offered to take him to the square anytime he wanted and his female therapist said she takes him on Mondays if he is feeling good and if the weather permits. Let's keep him in our prayers. It always does my heart good to see him.
Oh, thank you for this! It's good to know he's doing well! I've never met him, but he always filled me with joy when I watched him dance. Hope to see him again soon!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

Oh how I love George---watching him dance was such a joy--- We saw him at Spanish Springs a couple of weeks ago---think he has a full-time care giver now. He stood up and shook a little to the music so he still has the will to dance. I made a point to tell him how we had missed him and how good it was to see him again and that I had been remembering him in my prayers. He smiled and kissed my hand----so sweet!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Sage

Keep on trucking George!!!!

It's always good to see someone refusing to let any infirmity, slowing him down.

GOD bless George and others like him!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.